1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Wont watch that whatever it is you'se are commenting on , purely because Im not interested in his career now. Adored him for his efforts in a Celtic shirt ( yes a wee tear when he appeared back at Hampden teeth missing and a broken jaw to collect his medal ) but he got the opportunity to leave and as his right took it . Good luck to him ! and yes I do believe when we do the " 10 " he will be as happy as the rest of us but tinged with a bit of sadness at the same time .

seanm likes this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If it was your boyhood club then it's different.....even if you were offered big money, there's no chance you're leaving Motherwell.

Twisty and seanm like this.
  3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I still consider Arsenal top level. They are one of the original big four teams in England. I really don’t like them, but I respect what they’ve done. They’ve been run into the ground with shocking recruitment but that seems to be starting to change.

4. celtic warrior

Convenient timing as well of that rag piece run by that excuse of a news outlet.

5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :celtman2:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  6. celtic warrior

It should be obvious really shouldn't it?

Celtic are not in a position where we could spend upwards of £15mill a year on academy, whilst having to spend on annual wages, transfers etc... All whilst dealing with the achilles heel of Scottish football being a * poor financial earner

StPauli1916 likes this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Mentioned this in the Rogic thread but another example of Rodgers not giving a * about his players and running them into the ground. We nearly retired Kieran, no wonder you start looking elsewhere.

8. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Hes one of us who made it, and I will be following his career, I get that people dont give a * about him and could harbour some resentment towards him but not for me watching his interview on open goal last night when he spoke about some of the treatment hes had from us since his move put a lump in my throat, its embarrassing to treat one of our own in that way

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Liam Scales likes this.
  9. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He is just another Celtic player who left like everyone before and after will do and plenty of them were and will be Celtic supporters . Nothing new

10. scootz

All this pish about 'not leaving your boyhood club'... well it's just that... PISH! Complete and utter la-la-land pish!

It's far too easy to spout hypothetical bullshit on a fan forum when there's precisely zero chance of YOU ever being in a position where you have to make the decision about whether or not to accept an offer to pocket £75k a week. And it's not just about 'greed' - thats real money you can spread around your family and make a lot of your loved ones lives a lot more comfortable. Sometimes decisions like this don't just centre around your own needs and wants!

I'm really angry about some of the reactions here - KT is one of us who made it. Good luck to the Bhoy!

Keano88, Pablo87, Mr Shelby and 5 others like this.
  11. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    This.

Nobody here has been in his situation. I’ve spoken to enough academy footballers to know they never see football the same way the fans do. It’s not that they don’t love the game, of don’t love the club, but it is often less romantic (as most things are when you’re on the inside so to speak). They have ambition, want to test themselves, and yes, even want to earn more. Nothing wrong with any of that.

The difference in earnings between being a success as Celtic and staying here for your entire career, and being a success at Arsenal and eventually moving on, is absolutely gargantuan. You’re likely to treble your wages immediately, and then go on to double them again if you’re good. The money you’ll get from sponsorships and endorsements will grow hugely as well. You’re talking about a difference of an 8-figure sum of money in career earnings.

And that doesn’t even touch on the point that Arsenal are a big club, both historically and presently. Yes, they’re either going or have gone through a rough patch, but there’s little doubt that they have the potential to be amongst the top tier of clubs, contesting for trophies both domestically and on a European level.

I felt as though he was definitely off once our asking price became public knowledge and Emery publicly stated he was confident of landing him. Tierney was also very quite about the matter. Maybe accepting that he was going a long time before he actually had signed for Arsenal is the reason I don’t hold any sort of hard feelings against him.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's a forum created to discuss our opinions on Celtic, many of which will be hypotheticals. Every comment that I've seen has been reasonable and articulated.

While it's true that none of us will ever be presented with the decision Tierney had to make, it's also impossible for people to claim "everyone would do the same thing in his position" simply because you would. £75k a week is a lot of money but let's not pretend he was visiting food banks on his Celtic salary, his 6 year contract was worth about £9 million before bonuses.

Money isn't the be all and end all for everyone. I've been lucky enough to have a family member play for Celtic and seen how much it meant to everyone. I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that if I was at Celtic right now then they'd need a crowbar to get me away from Lennoxtown.

13. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Shat it from the 10 IMHO

14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    So is Rodgers and I can’t be * listening to him either.

Blochairnbhoy and PaulM1888 like this.
  15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    One big people seem to be not mentioning is, he thought he was possibly going to need to retire at us and thought he wasn’t even going to pass the Arsenal medical.

The_Bhoy and Seán Mac D like this.
  16. BathBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    KT was a fine servant for Celtic and whilst I wish we could have held onto him I wish him every success at Arsenal and I am sure that the vast majority of Celtic fans do likewise.

It's dissapointing that some idiots among our fan base have turned on him, but it was sickening the way that * White milked a "throw away " comment at the end of an interview.

17. RiquelmeCSC

I can’t be arsed hearing his name anymore but I’m really * off he has chosen to go public with this. So much for a Celtic Fan turning on his own and making us all look bad. It’s now been reported in the MSM.

Gabriel and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  18. BathBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    I think that his comment about being scared to go back was said in jest. I'll advised but hardly malicious.

19. Jeremie Frimpong

8E89E30B-3839-407A-9FE0-EBBF0364D133.jpeg

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    :56: