1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Albian Ajeti

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by MickeyBhoy36, Jul 21, 2020.

Discuss Albian Ajeti in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC remain in talks with Albian Ajeti over a loan move from West Ham.

The Hoops have agreed a season-long loan deal with the Hammers with the option to buy the striker next summer for £5million.

Neil Lennon is in the market for another attacker and has also been linked with Peterborough hitman Ivan Toney and free agent Steven Fletcher.

Lennon is a fan of the former Sheffield Wednesday striker but talks over a switch to Parkhead have halted - but a potential deal is not dead.

Ajeti - who joined the English Premier League side from FC Basel last summer in an £8million deal - did not jet into Glasgow yesterday for signing talks despite some reports.

But the Swiss star is believed to have had discussions with Lennon as he weighs up a move north.

A Hoops source told SunSport: "Talks are progressing and hopefully there will be an outcome soon."

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    MickeyyMack likes this.
  2. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I don't know but previous seasons I could at least have a bit of understanding at the frugality. This season must be delivered. If they don't get the quality in then we- heaven forbid- fail then they will be in trouble when chasing for season ticket renewals the following. It is a no brainer to splash out a bit here for the 10.

Fully87 and seanm like this.
  3. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Heard it’s Wednesday he’s believed to be here... if it doesn’t happen am blaming boli :56:

packybhoy, Sgt Neppers* and Artorias like this.
  4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Well on Monday night Lennon thought Bolingoli was in Glasgow, so anything’s possible.

The_Bhoy, packybhoy, dbhoy72 and 5 others like this.
  5. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Certainly

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  6. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I need a lift right now!

hope this gets confirmed soon

jimbobers and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  7. Foley1888

Being honest if he is still unsure today might have made his mind up the opposite way.

From the limited footage I have seen of Ajeti he doesn’t look like the type of striker I think we need but we need reinforcements so get him on board. I think we need a striker with a physical presence that can take the ball in and allow Eddy to play off him and if they could be a threat in the air that would be ideal.

Of the players we were linked with Anderson from Union Berlin looked a good fit but doesn’t meet our profile. Toney possibly could do the job and would probably get more goals than Anderson.

8. CountyDownFaithful

Feel like this is taking an age to get done. We really need to start getting our business done and squad shaped up before the next domestic game.

We need another striker in addition to Ajeti. Sunday has made my mind up and feel Fletcher could be vital this season. Just get him in and offer the 2 year deal.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    To be fair to him Forster * us over and he quickly went out and got barkas the striker thing is a glaring problem though it’s as if he has put targets forward and Lennon is like we will talk to these other two aswell .... fletcher and Taylor flinging everything up in the air and adding time on when it should be done and dusted to then concentrate on other areas on the park like centre back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It took us literally half a day to negotiate a loan and a fee at end with West Ham and it’s took two weeks to speak to this guy his reps sound like invalids tbh at point now we should move on because this is holding us back doing further business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. jambo_cfc

Fed up with how long its taking, toney was desperate to be here and would have cost 7 or 8 million , ajeti is going to cost 5.5 plus whatever the loan fee is , should have just bit the bullit and went for toney

Big Shoes likes this.
  12. gazb1888

Can he play left back..?

13. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    This is statistically the best time of the season to drop points. I laugh at other clubs that rush deals through in only 4 or 5 weeks. It's as if they don't know that they could have simply upped their bid by 50p at a time, until the selling club eventually shouted "* off" and slammed the phone down.

14. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Right I really wanted to sign him from the get go and was accepting of him taking his time to choose.

Now I just want him to * off.

15. Von_Esper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Albian Ajeti set for permanent Celtic deal as £5m West Ham striker heads to Glasgow
    Record Sport understands the 23-year-old is expected to arrive for a tour of Parkhead and the club’s Lennoxtown training base.

• Wanted Albian Ajeti will arrive in Glasgow on Wednesday as Celtic inch closer to completing a £5million swoop to land the West Ham frontman on a permanent deal.

Record Sport understands the 23-year-old is expected to arrive for a tour of Parkhead and the club’s Lennoxtown training base.
      Neil Lennon and chief executive Peter Lawwell spent most of Tuesday dealing with the Boli Bolingoli fallout with the full-back now expected to leave the club on loan.

But discussions with Ajeti were also still ongoing last night and he is now on the brink of joining the Hoops.

It had been anticipated he would sign on loan but the Hammers want a bumper fee and Celtic have agreed to meet those cash demands.
      It comes after the Hoops boss was still able to provide a touch of comic relief after a nightmare day for the club when asked about Ajeti's imminent arrival.

littlekennie and Tommy25 like this.
  16. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Is this the abominable snowman lad we’re in for yea?

17. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Sounds very positive.

However, I've just finished a night shift. Gonnae take the wean to school. Back home for some shut eye and I fully expect to wake up only to find that the deal has developed 'complications'.

Big Shoes and King of Kings like this.
  18. TheHappyLoss

Eh sorry big man

19. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Okay I change my mind again

Welcome

:52::shamrock:

20. themouth1888

Positive signs but I'll not hold my breath.

Now let's get rest of team sorted. CB, LB and a winger at the minimum

Big Shoes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.