1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Kilmarnock v Celtic, Premiership, Sunday 9 August 16:30 Sky Sports Football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Aug 3, 2020.

Discuss Kilmarnock v Celtic, Premiership, Sunday 9 August 16:30 Sky Sports Football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seanm

thats because they only sit in against us and think they can play against lesser teams.they cant.HH

Blochairnbhoy and Rydo1888* like this.
  2. seanm

2 up front is a must all season or were fuckedHH

3. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    The thing is, we could’ve easily won that game 1-0 as it just strings out. Kilmarnock weren’t even going to be a threat. The game was flat as *. However, Jullien has to start making a meal out of everything that comes up to him in that first half.

4. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Ok, so we can criticise the players for a poor performance, Julian getting it for the goal, Broony as much to blame. With is experience instead of having a weak feeble attempt at winning the ball he should have doubled up on the big striker. Ultimately that game was down to tactics, we saw it all last season playing the system we do with 1 up front does not work against teams that sit in

gazb1888 and Mickmac like this.
  5. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Ridiculous comment about Taylor. Once you pull on the hoops you're a Celtic man - end of. By your way of thinking we wouldn't have had Stein, Dalglish, McGrain or Auld and Calmac's from a Rangers background. Taylor gives 100%every game. By all means criticise his play if you think it's not good enough but you can't criticise the guys effort or commitment.

JML67, Rydo1888*, Xatraps and 5 others like this.
  6. BathBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    No subs until the 66th minute :47:

Should have switched to two up front at half time. Better still we should have started with two up front.

7. Foley1888

I do find it strange we have reverted to a formation that we were toiling in domestically so switched last year.

The 4-2-3-1 sees far too many players behind the ball when the oppositions furthest forward player is just outside the D of their box. We badly need another option down the left with the ability to beat a man as that was painful watching Moi and Taylor toiling yesterday. I think the formation has a place in Europe but not for domestic football.

Eddy is a better player with a partner as he likes to peel out to the left. It meant yesterday for most of the game we had no one in the Killie box. I have no idea why we didn’t try get down our right where we had Forrest and Frimpong who both can beat a man and try turn their 10 man defence.

All our playmaker types were devoid of targets and ideas to pick out. I think this showed perfectly why we need to be better at set plays and have a physical striker option. The shooting from distance with the exception of the goal left a lot to be desired.

Say you add another CB who is good in the air and a striker with a bit of presence, it would at least give a packed defence something to think about.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    Mickmac and Big els like this.
  8. wulliebad

Yes i know every game against us is a cup final.

seanm likes this.
  9. celtic warrior

Surprisingly not * off that much about the result.

We knew what was gonna happen and it did, but the laat few yearsbthe start of the season always feels the same, always slow and frustrating, so in a sense i think that's why I'm not overly upset.

It does bother me though how we can't adapt properly to different pitch types. In Scotland we are peerless when it comes to financial sway, we should be putting it to better use for training purposes and have these fake plastic grounds available for our guys to train on in the run up to these types of games. Just reminds me how we struggled to adjust to the red imps ground in Gibraltar.

For a club our size there is * all excuse for pitches to be a match changing variable towards our opponent

gazb1888 likes this.
  10. seanm

* me if the 10iar comes down to that julien penalty he will never live it down.that said plastic * pitches likes killies should be banned.ffs our training plastic pitch is better than than that one.plus the * shortened it *.get some players in. huns are skint and still bringing in players ffs.lawell will do * all just watch him.HH

11. seanm

your bang on 2 upfront everytime.HH

12. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Absolutely spot on.

Mickmac and seanm like this.
  13. seanm

striker or throw griff in now.i dont give a * if hes fit or whatever.he will score from freeplay and freekicks.HH

14. Foley1888

Fit or not he couldn’t have been much worse than most yesterday, he would have at least provided some decent deliveries from corners and may have hit the target with efforts from outside the box.

seanm likes this.
  15. boylebhoy95

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    The thing is, if Killie had equalised via a wonder goal you could maybe reflect on it as 'one of those days'. But as others have said, they really didn't look like scoring. We gifted them an equaliser, and had we held on to our lead for longer, they would've been forced to come out and we could've picked them off. The tendency for defensive lapses on Ajer/Jullien's part needs rectifying quickly.

seanm and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  16. seanm

exactly unleash the griff and he will if he stays fit lol win us the 10.HH

17. seanm

exactly.HH

18. seanm

COYBIG.HH

19. seanm

we need uri gellar to bend all the huns players.lol.HH

20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I think we do have a plastic pitch at Lennox town, but training on it for a week or doing what Killie do and training on it every day for the whole season is a different story. Each pitch will play differently as well, so they will always hold the advantage.

You seen it with our passing, so many were behind the man or played short. Even though our application and desire wasn't at the level, our play was majorly disrupted by the surface.

They should be banned at premiership level imo.

seanm likes this.