1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Kilmarnock v Celtic, Premiership, Sunday 9 August 16:30 Sky Sports Football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Aug 3, 2020.

Discuss Kilmarnock v Celtic, Premiership, Sunday 9 August 16:30 Sky Sports Football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Can’t add to the stuff that has already been said.
    Utter * today but was galling how long it took to appear to do anything about it even though you could see it so early on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanm likes this.
  2. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    It’s games like today when we should have a plan B, we started the last game at this * hole with two up top, and the game was won by HT.

seanm likes this.
  3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    It’s fitba mate, every football forum in the world if a team has a bad result and play poorly you’ll get people on with a knee * reaction giving allsorts

certainly don’t become bad players overnight but your right being at Celtic , expectations are if you don’t win every game, it is disappointing

I went in the 90s probably like yourself so I absolutely savour winning 9 in a row and going for a quadruple treble but you probably right too many young fans spoilt with massive success, probably domestically the most successful time in our history, I’m as confident as you that we will win the league a just hate aw this “ 10s in the bag “pish , a know the player s and manager s won’t think like that

but “ 10s in the bag “, a long long way to go And a helluva lot of work to be done before before 10 is anywhere near in the bag

4. Foley1888

Today shows why we need a different type of forward for games like this and away at Livi, as an option not necessarily to start every game but we barely if at all had a shot inside their box today. They were exceptionally deep their CF was often just outside their D and everyone else behind that so regardless of the level of opponent this would be hard to breakdown. However the fact we failed to create anything was worrying.

The lack of getting behind and flooding the box with runners was so poor, it is very obvious down our left we have no one with the ability to go on the outside and beat their man. For me any striker signed should have target man qualities and physicality, the same goes for a CB who would add an option at set plays.

The game itself was dire with neither team creating anything. The penalty is just pure stupidity and total panic when there was no need to, very poor from CJ.

5. oh bhoy

i could see through a performance like that in the middle of December after a long slog of games but it's the Second game of the * season all this poor pitch chat ain't an excuse for how atrocious our passing was, nobody tried to beat their man ,crosses ,set plays * awful .being out thought and out fought by the likes of Kirk broadfoot is not * good enough

seanm and Artorias like this.
  6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    We should have been playing for set pieces. Especially after we came out for the second half. Free kicks and corners would have been more testing to their defence and today proves we can’t play through two lines of defence. Totally clueless about it.

Artorias likes this.
  7. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Our biggest mistake today was how slowly we moved the ball about. We gave them far too much time to get themselves organised, which allowed them to pressure us and caused us to make lots of wee mistakes.

We've shown before how well we can break teams down with quick passes and slick movement, but today we dithered on the ball far too often.

Although too many players were off their game today, the buck has to stop with Lenny for those dropped points. If we'd took the game to Killie like we're capable of we would have won quite comfortably.

Instead, our cautious game plan and slow build up play cost us two vital points today. We all know how games usually go when we come flying out the blocks. Just because it's a plastic pitch or a physical team doesn't mean we should change that, or else we're playing right into their hands.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  8. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Watched back the 1st half for my sins.

Everything from Kilmarnock was direct. Goal kicks launched to either full back area(our two smallest players). Free kicks just launched towards the box and if they were in the wide areas, it would be delivered to the back post area. Corners were also deep and to the back post area. Clearances rammed down the throat of the centre halfs or into the full back areas.

Pure basics and we flapped like * trying to deal with it. Not strong enough or not even competing.

seanm likes this.
  9. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    ffs wish up

10. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Players, team & Lennon were embarrassing today.

2 shots on target,one a lucky goal. The keeper had nothing to do other than the penalty, other than that the team were shocking. Lennon waited too long to change it & never made the right changes.

Lennons interview with it could be a crucial point is embarrasing.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

11. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Should be careful not to overreact as we are always * on the artificial surfaces and Killie away always gives us problems.

Should have been a game we should have won but worth remembering we have lost there before also.

It is a worry how we cant adapt to the way teams play against us on these surfaces.

From what I saw of the game, we were missing a link in the central between our midfield and attack. They sat in deep and limited us to crosses into the box and shots from distance.

Christie is more of a danger at attacking mid behind edouard for me.
    Browns lack of effectiveness was concerning, I feel Ntcham could have been brought on for his creativity and dynamism in midfield.

Julien seems to be the scapegoat, has the odd bad game but he has been huge for us in big games cup finals and europe.

Would like to see us add Ajeti and a strong centre back before the close of the window. Maybe even a defensive mid who can challenge Brown as I dont believe Soro will be that.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  12. Maestro 08

Killie have chopped 10 yards off their pitch width and length. A tight, slow, plastic pitch with 11 men behind the ball for 90 mins. Depressing club :99:

HoopswithPride, Rydo1888* and seanm like this.
  13. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Tbf mate, bhoy soros not really had a chance, actually thought from the pre season friendlies in France he looked the part, he seemed very comfortable in position and when he didn’t have the ball he was buzzing about the opposition trying to close down like a kante of Chelsea type of player

Broony s be massive for us last 12 years as a captain and as a player but he’s 35 now and naturally slowing up a bit now but he still has the same determination which is ending up with him giving away a lot of daft free kicks

14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Dont disagree mate, he hasnt had much of a chance but im just not convinced about his physicality, which i think we need more of a presence. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

15. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    This was always going to be the game Killie were going to play though. If im right we dropped points vs them last season at Rugby Park and then thumped them at CP the next time we played them.
    Edit: this might be wrong.

I wouldnt take anything from that game other than its a game we probably should be winning, but the surface is a bit of a leveller. Granted its a bit of a sickener to drop points and play poorly after two games, but as we know all too well the season isnt over until its over.

seanm likes this.
  16. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    We beat them 3-1 3 times last season,2 at home 1 away, again though both home games lost the early goal again,Think you’re thinking of season before mate, the game we lost 2-1 that was the 18/19 season lost in the last minute With a header and yeh the next home game we pumped them 5-1, pretty confident v anyone at Celtic Park, need to get to grips with they plastic pitches away, a mean hibs absolutely destroyed Livingston yesterday on that pitch with no excuse s we should be doin the same

G_portillo likes this.
  17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Yeah your right mate.
    Defo need to get to grips with the astro too mate. Surely we can train on one in the lead up to get used to the bounce, tactics etc before we play on one.
    We dont have that physical striker who will bully in the box so we struggle when forced to play long high balls into the box.

Slater67, Rydo1888* and seanm like this.
  18. ddub11

Their keeper is kinda related to my family(through marriage)i got a call today asking how did he do?

What could i say?they guy had one save to make (our goal)after that he had nothing to do,hard to believe when ye consider hes up aginst celtic.

19. wulliebad

What really * annoys me about today is next week or week after some * will put 3 past them but we couldn't.

seanm likes this.
  20. seanm

i would have it checked to see if it is within regulations.HH

Rydo1888* likes this.