1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Kilmarnock v Celtic, Premiership, Sunday 9 August 16:30 Sky Sports Football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Aug 3, 2020.

Discuss Kilmarnock v Celtic, Premiership, Sunday 9 August 16:30 Sky Sports Football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Need a CB n CF in ASAP for cover, maybe then Lenny’ll prefer the 352 again. We knew what to expect going to rugby park so not coming away with a result is a bit gutting tbh

2. Paradise88

How many shots on target did we have?

Roll on Wednesday

3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

We looked like we had played a European game midweek, * and Lenny needs to go through them.

That was * all to do with tactics or transfers, there was more than enough quality on that pitch to beat Killie yet they never looked up for it. * poor.

4. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Oh dear, we're going to have tough days on those pitches early on but it was stil a poor display against a predictable mob. It's just such a wind up when we get off to a great start and * it up out of character. I don't think there's any real optimism amongst the unbeaten teams qualifying for Europe next year.

5. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Early days but dropping points on the second game of the season is not the start you want.

Changes should have been made sooner but even still I don’t think it made a huge difference and as some have said there could have been another 90 mins added on and we weren’t scoring today.

6. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Tell you something.

I’ll no be turning up home or away to watch us play any time soon.

COVID19 innit?

bagforlife and StPauli1916 like this.
  7. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    That was excruciating. Hate games on plastic. It’s like we turn up and find out it’s a plastic. Definitely doesn’t look like we prepared all week for that. We have a * artificial pitch at Lennoxtown. No excuses ffs.

StPauli1916 and Artorias like this.
  8. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    I think the squads been crying out for a shake up since last season, especially down the spine of the team, looking Jaded 2 games into the season, hopefully just a blip but its concerning, leaves no doubts as to where we need strengthening...

9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

That pitch doesn't suit our style of play, but it's disappointing we didn't switch it up earlier. Lennon needs to make changes early when things aren't working, and when you're up against a wall of Killie players in the box like that we need to be more direct or try something different.

Disappointing to lose points but ultimately Jullien making a stupid foul in the box has cost us as the game overall was poor to watch. Kabamba caused us problems all afternoon, but without making it an excuse - Killie being allowed that pitch in a premier division of football is an embarrassment...

StPauli1916 and joemc like this.
  10. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The whole team didnt look bothered no pass marks for any of them today . The cbs need to get to the gym its pathetic how both of them get bullied

StPauli1916 likes this.
  11. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Every team will play us like that but the question is will they do the same with Sevco? Stop the 10 will be in full flow and we didn't need to shoot ourselves in the foot. I'm raging in one sense and in another I realise that Killie played out of their skin to defend and avoid defeat. They wouldn't have gotten anything at Celtic Park. Ah well we just have to hope that normal service resumes soon and we take our rightful place at the top of the table

12. Momo Sylla

Killie away is one of the tougher games in the season and we so I wouldn't get too worked up. Performance was shocking though and we won't get away with too many of those.

13. GARRISON

Need a replacement for Forrest asap

14. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    You can't blame the board ffs, we had more than enough on the pitch today and * blew it.. the goal we scored was horrific goalkeeping and I don't think we had a chance other than that ... Apparently West brom in talks with Duffy think we need to spend and bring him home.. all we have them * today was oxegen and prob have Gerrard another two months more in the job.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  16. DonnyCelt

Worrying how we've struggled there big time in the last 3 or 4 seasons

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Only 3 shots inside the box see the wee * game Lenny has going on with Griffiths suck it up put it to bed and get him back in the team pronto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    First time I remember boli played lwb, needs to be given a shot at lwb

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

19. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

hes got no competition, but hes regularly pish at this ground, its obvious the players hate playing on it

we need to not be afraid of it and playing them there and have some kind of tactic to win on it

the way they play and that surface just nullifys football, i dont watch the other teams but i bet they all hate playing on it to and i bet youd find out kilmarnocks up turn in fortune came about after that plastic pitch was put down

littlekennie likes this.
  20. Liam Fraser

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I can accept points being dropped but that performance was disgraceful. No creativity and a lot of players hiding. Never close to winning. Need a left back and another centre back.