1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Christopher Jullien

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jun 28, 2019.

Discuss Christopher Jullien in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Turning out to be a terrific signing!

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

CHRISTOPHER Jullien reckons playing without fans away from home this weekend will be strange, but said he and his team-mates’ target remains the same.

Neil Lennon’s men play Kilmarnock at Rugby Park this Sunday (4.30pm kick-off), and the centre-back wants to entertain fans from afar with a positive result and maximum points.

The 27-year-old was pleased with the Hoops’ emphatic 5-1 Flag Day win over Hamilton last Sunday, but said he expects a stiffer challenge from opposing teams as the season rolls on.

“The Hamilton game was good, it was our first victory,” said Jullien while promoting the midnight relaunch of the Celtic Superstore. “There are a lot of games left, but we target every game with the mentality of winning it.

"For our first game, though, it was good. In the first half, we didn’t play entirely the way we wanted to, but we corrected that in the second half, it was a good weekend.

“Every year at Celtic becomes harder and harder because our opponents come stronger at you because you’re the champions. They want to defeat you, that’s the target they have. This year, we have a big goal at the end of the season, but we’re going to just stay focused on each game and prepare as best we can to win and keep on going.

“It’ll be different without the fans at Kilmarnock. Every away game I’ve played for Celtic, the fans have been amazing. They’ve been right behind us, so playing without them will be very different.”

Jullien said besides domestic success this season, Neil Lennon expects his players to strive for Champions League football – the draw for the tournament’s qualifying rounds also taking place this weekend.

Leading the charge for both eventualities is club captain Scott Brown, who Jullien hails on and off the pitch.

The defender added: “Broony has kept the same mentality since he first came to Celtic, that’s why he’s still here and still winning. I’ve tried to copy that.

“He’s kept that mentality, and he told me that this is the mentality needed at Celtic – to win everything, at training, in matches, everything. He hasn’t changed, and that’s because he hasn’t stopped winning.”

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Tommy25, Rydo1888* and tarboltontim like this.
  3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He's been worth every penny, top player.

Tommy25, Rydo1888* and Random Review like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic defender Christopher Jullien reckons the coming campaign will be a "marathon" but believes the Hoops are stronger at the starting line.

The French centre-back is preparing to play an integral role in his club's attempt at winning 10 In A Row this season after his dominant defensive displays helped them to nine - plus a Betfred Cup final winner.

Jullien, 27, has been watching player after player enter the doors at Ibrox - some of whom he'll come up against this season such as Tuesday's striker signings Kemar Roofe and Cedric Itten.

The Premiership champions meanwhile have retained Mohamed Elyounoussi in another loan before signing Greek goalie Vasilis Barkas.

And although Celtic 's rivals have added quantity in the transfer market, Jullien is adamant his side oozes quality.

He said: "Rangers are definitely going to be stronger, for sure.

They are our opponent. They are going to take some more players in to add something and make them champions. That's normal. That's what we expect.

But that's also why we've worked hard since we came back. We know our group is really good and really strong - but we also know that our opponents will be stronger. Us too.

"I think all the teams in the championship will have some more players with them. If they can stop our run, they will do everything.

Rangers have bought some players and that's good for them. But I'm really proud of what we are and what we've done since the beginning or pre-season.

"I just can't wait for the marathon to begin."

The future of striker Odsonne Edouard is a hot topic in Scottish football. So who better to ask than the Parkhead star that previously played alongside him at Toulouse?

Jullien hopes Edouard will stay for a momentous campaign but noted the progression in his playing ability and attitude since that spell in 2016/17 - to the point where he's knocking on the door of the world champions' squad.

He said: "You always want to play with the best and Odsonne has shown to all of Scotland and the world he's a really good striker.

"That's normal. For me, I want him to be by my side, under my shoulder. But when you have good players, they will always get attention. As Celtic we just have to be good with them and see what happens.

This year is really important, so we'll see. Confidence has made all the difference to him.

"When I met him in Toulouse he was just 18 and beginning. He didn't have the trust of the club. But seeing him today and how confident he is with the ball, without it, with his team-mates, it shows everything.

"When you have a club and a coach who trusts you it allows you to express yourself on the field.

That's the biggest difference I've seen in him since the beginning. Now he's a man.

"I can definitely see him playing for France. He will be in the mind of the France coach for a long time. There are a lot of good players in France but I'm sure he'll soon be part of it."

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Tommy25 likes this.
  5. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Was that the superstore?

Anyway.....was loving the corners where he caught them sweet as a nut on the volley.
    Shame none went in but my * would have been amazing

Tommy25 likes this.
  6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Insane how good-looking he is. Just mental. Sammy was a looker, but the big man makes Sammy look like John Brown.

bagforlife and Rydo1888* like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Have a * word wi yersel big man

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Gets away with murder because of the goals he scores.

Regularly gets bullied when he plays against physical strikers. Strikers that are pish, if we’re honest. Needs to grow a pair.

Valhalla likes this.
  12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Shocker so far, like Bambi on ice on crack.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    One of the worst 45 minutes you'll see from a Celtic centre half..

Pulled his man cause he got skinned in the box. * it with half hearted challenges outside. Lost his man to go clean in on goal twice as well..

Love him but that was disgusting from a 7 million pound Ligue 1 defender up against some non league diddy..

14. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s a far bigger problem than Ajer.

Ajer dives in at times but he’s not a complete shitebag who gets bullied by anyone over 5ft9.

15. Jeffrey

So what? (Are you waiting to become a * man you big fairy * * *:86::84:)

16. Maestro 08

Embarrassing from the big man. He owes us a goal here. For Kimbamba see Lyndon Dykes last season.

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Tonight Mathew i'm gonna be Jack * Hendry !

Maestro 08 likes this.
  18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Both our centre halves hate playing against a big pest.

We need a big mauler in the squad.

19. OverandOver

The number of times he gets absolutely embarrassed by bang average strikers just because they have a bit of height and power is truly shocking. I want him out of the team.

20. Maestro 08

Jullien is more than capable of winning the physical battles. Seen him do it plenty, he's had morelos in his back pocket before and he's prob the most physical striker in the league. It's his mentality he needs to get on top off. Switches off too often, thinking he can stroll it.