1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. seanm

griff will bury the huns with his pent up energy. releadr the griff on them.love the boy.Hh

2. Maestro 08

I'm not so sure about that.

3. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I am.

4. wulliebad

It was her birthday.

5. StevieBhoooy!

that’s why I said “Griff /guests/whoever ”

He should be at least getting himself of it and doing his best to stop others doing/posting anything linked to himself.

I don’t see a real issue with the event... it’s just that we shouldn’t even know about it.

The scum media are always on the hunt for fuel for a Celtic bonfire ... players shouldn’t hand them any for free.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Shocking how he is being portrayed, even by our own fans, buying in to the gutter press and the always offended social media crowd.

The lad came back to training less fit than others and was told to stay back a week in Glasgow to work on his fitness. a week later Lennon declares he is very impressed with his work and fitness.
    What did some fans and the social media crowd do? Claimed he was massively overweight and a let down to us all, dragged him through mud and near demanded he should be released from his contract.
    Hardly THAT overweight if he managed to get back in shape in a week and overly impress the boss.

Could it have been as simple as, we had a week of intense preseason fixtures to manage a squad of players to be fit for the start of a major season, thus the manager wanted him to sort his fitness out first while the squad he knew would start the first couple of games he made sure was match sharp, allowing Griff to become match sharp later? Rather than trying to shoehorn the lad, unfit, in to a side and seeing him and the squad struggle?

Take the birthday party, again folk demanding release him and bring Fletcher in instead, putting his "antics" up there with the 8 sheep players who went out on the lash all night in Aberdeen where that weekend is now infamous with mass crowds, overcrowded pubs and uncontrolled queues at places, where 2 have tested positive and a real risk of wiping out the entire sheep team and then playing St Johnston and infecting them.

No the lad kept within the guidelines and had (what I can see from the pictures) 7 or 8 people around for his girlfriends birthday during the day, civilised looking and no one out their nut falling over each other.

Some of you really are as bad as the rest of social media at times.
    The lad aint no saint, he has his issues and he struggles, we all know this, but by * can we stop latching on to social media and gutter press headlines to drag the lad down?

7. Maestro 08

Is that including club rules and sport specific guidelines? Any way that's not really the point I'm trying to make. All things considered we shouldn't even know about it.

8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Again who gives a * it was within the guidlines. So what does it matter if we know about it?

9. Maestro 08

Ah mate I'm not going to labour the point anymore, it's just how I see it. I don't think Griff needs the attention right now, far from it. He shouldn't be anywhere near social media the now considering the dressing down he's had from Lenny and for me that includes his mrs posting pics of a pandemic party he's arranged for her. I see your point of view but it's just more distraction from what he should be doing for me and yeah the rags are * but Leigh more than anyone should be aware of it.

10. Heb Celt

Probably the least professional player on our books but one of the most talented.Its a shame.

The_Bhoy, buchanbhoy and Jeannie960 like this.
  11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Regardless of whether it's Griff or any other player, they have to respect the manager, the club, and most of all themself.

Big season ahead, i really hope Griff will be up for it, would be a real shame to see him become nothing more than a side show, because he has the talent/ability and would be a great asset in our quest for the 10.

12. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I heard he tied a Celtic scarf on each bird he pumped at the party....only stopped when he ran oot of scarves.

13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I love him and the contribution he has given to the club. Talented people are often flawed in some way. He's a grown man and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. With a younger guy you can shape them and teach them discipline assuming that's the problem with Griff. Social media should be a complete no no for these guys. I know people who wont touch it with a barge pole as it could cost them their jobs.

14. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    " I know people who wont touch it with a barge pole as it could cost them their jobs."
    Why what are they doing?

15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Some employers when recruiting are looking for the best candidate. It's not been unknown for someone not to get a job because of their social media activity. We often present ourselves very differently on or offline. I'm sure that you have heard of the term keyboard warrior and let's be honest some folk do come across as total idiots. Employers want to know they're getting the real deal so on occasion they have googled or searched twitter etc to further their ends. People have been sacked because of something that they have said!

16. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I love him.

But he needs a * slap at this point.

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Get the finger oot fatty ! :giggle2:

18. stew37

I love Griff, reckon he's the most natural striker in the league. Just wish he'd get back playing so we can discuss his goals rather than any bullshit in the Daily Mail fs.

19. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He'll be back banging them (in) for fun again soon. Be good to see how a Klimala/Griff partnership would work to give eddy a break as and when needed if we are going 3-5-2

seanm and NomDePlum like this.
  20. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ooof not the best pic of Griff, looks like a still from a slasher film just before the lassie gets it. :57:

seanm, Fully87 and NomDePlum like this.