1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lukas Nmecha

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Aug 5, 2020.

Discuss Lukas Nmecha in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

Looks very average, and in general I am totally against a loan for a player that will clearly never make the grade at City.

With a loan, he has a year left on his current deal. So at best we end up agreeing to pay a fee at the end of the loan deal to make it a permanent when he would be available for a development fee?

Also if he does well it raises interest from elsewhere and we never get any reward for developing them, see Denayer and Roberts as previous examples.

This totally undermines our supposed transfer strategy.

I can see loans for the Moi type players being of value to us, as it allows us to get a player who is otherwise out of our reach but not for youth development players. I would be looking for deals like Frimpong if we think they are good enough.

2. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    It would be a loan with a view to buying him down road id imagine a loan purely based on this season would be pointless, he certainly wouldn't come in and play much if at all. A loan would run his contract down. If good he could be signed, if hopeless walk away. Keane would have coached him at Boro wonder if he saw anything in him.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

3. Foley1888

Yeah but the point I am making is how many of these loan to buys have actually worked out for us?

We have discussed on other threads the lack of reserve or unders quality football in Scotland, so if the boy isn’t coming in to play in the first team what is he going to do? City won’t agree to loan him if his deal is up in a year without wanting a fee either now or at the end of it which, if he is available for nothing then seems pointless.

It seems like Lawwell medalling to me it was clear Rodgers didn’t want Arzani on loan when we signed him but we got him. Even when it has been good players like Roberts and Denayer we haven’t benefited from them beyond that season.

Not to mention the reviews of the player in question in senior football so far have been atrocious. A striker who doesn’t score goals.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  4. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

Please no

5. MafiaEire67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Klimala
    Looks like the next Marvin, was only on loan at 2 clubs last season and was flat as a fart in both

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

If we could sign him permanently I wouldn’t be against it. Had a couple of poor loan spells but seems like he has plenty of ability, given his caps at youth level for England and Germany.

Watching videos of him there and he clearly has a good bit of pace, quick feet and he looks powerful. Plenty to work with.

7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Ye the lack of goals would be a concern but he's still young and some players take time to get used to senior football. Eddy hardly shot the lights out with Toulouse. A loan with an option to buy, bring him in, have him training and see if he can do half what frimpong done last season and get some game time. I'd be happy with edoaurd, Toney or ajeti, klimala, Griff and nmecha and get afolabi out on loan

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC are mulling over a loan bid for Manchester City's Lukas Nmecha, according to reports.

The Daily Mail say that the Premiership champions are contemplating launching a bid to bring the 21-year-old forward on loan to Parkhead for the 2020/21 season.

The Germany youth internationalist has scored twice in eight appearances for the under-21s, having previously turned out for England where he was raised.

The attacker spent the first half of last season on loan at Wolfsburg where he was primarily limited to cameo appearances off the bench, including five appearances in the Europa League, before heading to Middlesbrough for the remainder of the campaign, starting one game - Boro's 2-1 defeat to Spurs in the third round of the FA Cup.

Nmecha has previously been sent on loan to Preston, where he scored three goals and assisted a further eight in 43 league appearances in 2018/19.

Celtic have a good relationship with Manchester City and have persuaded a number of players to swap the Etihad for Parkhead; Jeremie Frimpong, Daniel Arzani, Patrick Roberts, Dedryck Boyata, Jason Denayer and John Guidetti have all signed for the Glasgow club, either on loan or permanently, from the Premier League runners-up in recent years.