1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ivan Toney

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Jun 12, 2020.

Discuss Ivan Toney in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He would come in straight as a no2 to Eddie

2. freitassen

I think this is extremely unfair to Leigh Griffiths, one of the most loyal and dangerous guys we have. It is a completely different game when we can count on his corners and dead ball. 3-5-2 with both him and Edouard worked pretty well in the end of last season. And even Klimala, who still didn't have enough time to show how good he is. I really think another striker is not exactly what we most need, and definitely not this one for 5 million

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He’s bought as a #2 striker.

Whether he wins that spot, we can only wait and see.

4. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Talk on twitter 9mill but prob garbage

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

In all seriousness, how is he one of our most loyal players? As far as I can recall, no teams have bid for him in his time here. It's the club who have been extremely loyal to Griffiths.

It's not unfair to him in the slightest, particularly considering he came back from lockdown unfit. Klimala right now should be given the chance to prove himself as our number 2 striker after the effort he's put in and the goals he's scored.

Any striker we sign will be signed with a view to them challenging or playing alongside Eddy.

DJ CJ, Crilly, The_Bhoy and 4 others like this.
  6. MafiaEire67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Klimala
    Not sure who had the biggest belly Griff or Lenny

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Peterborough boss Darren Ferguson, meanwhile, is resigned to losing 24 year-old Toney but is hoping for a deal to be thrashed out as a matter of urgency.

He said: “We will have to wait and see with Ivan and it could be a distraction if his situation rumbles on. That wouldn’t be ideal.

“It would be better if things were resolved quickly, but the owners quite rightly won’t sell him unless they get the right price so it could be we end up with the best striker in League One playing for us at the start of the season so I’m quite relaxed about it.

“Ivan won’t play in the first friendlies, but if he is still here as the new season approaches I will have to play him.

“I can’t sign anyone until he leaves which again is not ideal as I would want as much time as possible with the player we bring in to replace him.”

8. MafiaEire67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Klimala
    Not worth spending over 5 million for a benchwarmer, especially after Paddy Klimala has scored 3 goals in 2 games, 2 of which were supplied by the Griff. Not to mention Edouard.

seanm and Champions0607 like this.
  9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Okay but again, you are taking no credence of the fact that its an inflated market. Yes Peterborough can ask for what they want, and at the end of the day its up to clubs to decide if he is worth that. But the sole reason people have reservations on the price isnt just that he is a league one player, you have just decided to focus on that one point and have overlooked the other reasons.

Celtic seldom spend £5m + on a player, so I think fans are perfectly entitled question that kind of fee for any player.

Tommy25 and seanm like this.
  10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I was focusing on that sole point cause it was posts like this I was referring to. Isn't this the kind of attitude most EPL fans have towards scotland that most on here find so obnoxious?

seanm and The_Bhoy like this.
  11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I find their view that their leagues are so great obnoxious. We admit our league is *.

12. jamiebhoy67

I think this transfer is an eye to the future aswell if eddy leaves next year this lads could be our new main striker. Hate to say it but I think griff has used his last life with the club hope I'm wrong as I think he offers us something different

seanm likes this.
  13. seanm

agreed if we only brought griff on for freekicks id still keep the boy.love him.he gets us.HH

14. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

I think all will be clearer after Brentford Fulham game tonight. If Brentford win they will have the money to pay Peterborough what they want. If it’s Fulham ......... however Lennon is still working on Ajeti too so who knows

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Looks like hes close to signing for Brentford

Spring Time likes this.
  16. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    i actually think Brentford will only go after him if they lose. They have Ollie Watkins who will leave if they dont get promoted and i reckon Toney is his replacement. Whereas if they go up i reckon Watkins might stay and they wont look at Toney.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

You should know by now not to take anything he says seriously.:giggle1:

Talks *.

JML67 likes this.
  18. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I dont really know if the situation is comparable to go from players like Wanyama, Forster, Armstrong, Van Dijk who were all young and played in champions league games vs Barcelona and the likes and were stand outs in a lot of the games we played, to go to talking about a player who hasnt and has had 30% added on to his value solely because he plays in England?

19. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I said something similar yesterday. They could move for him either way, just think more chance they will if they are in the championship next season.

20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

What? I didn't talk about those guys once.. you've completely lost me now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.