1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Vakoun Issouf Bayo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 8, 2019.

Discuss Vakoun Issouf Bayo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

At least we could get a proper look at him at St. Mirren, he's not had a proper chance but his 2nd touch is usually a tackle.

2. BathBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    Playing in this league for any team other than us or them can give a false impression.
    If he went to St Mirren he wouldn't be facing 11 men behind the ball every game, so there would be more chances and therefor more goals.
    I'd rather he went to a stronger league.

3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

He will just have to work harder then. It’s a great chance for him to adapt to our game in Scotland and somewhere we can keep an eye. He won’t have to move home and he is close enough if he needs treatment.

The_Bhoy and JML67 like this.
  4. BathBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    You've completly missed my point. If he goes to St Mirren he WON'T have to work harder.
    He'll get plenty of opportunities to score as games will be more open.
    Then he'll come back to us and find it a completely differnt game as chances are reduced to trickle.
    It's far better he moves to a better league where he will get few opportunities and learn that he has to turn most of these into goals.
    Playing in games where he'll get chance after chance and only convert a few of them will not help him to become a goal scorer for Celtic.

5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

I highly doubt he will get more chances to score at St Mirren than he will at Celtic. Let's face it, they are not renowned for their swash buckling attack style. More of a sit in and hit on the break. Hence why he will have to work harder. But its all opinions mate.

6. pop47

C'mon Bathbhoy,you think he's gonny get more chances to score playing for St Mirren than he would playing for us.

7. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

Weird signing strikers without giving our strikers a chance... Think he will be out in some form

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He’s been here for 18 months. When he’s not been injured, he’s had a few appearances here and there and looked *.

A loan move is the best thing for all involved.

Dan Breen and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  9. BathBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    Yes I do. Or should say yes I did, however on checking stats for Kris Boyd and Scott McDonald it would appear that I'm wrong.
    However I think SPFL strikers moving to us will get a bit of a shock when they find the games aren't as open as they were used to.

10. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song

Or try and flog him ?

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Tbh he looks done at Celtic, getting sent out to St Mirren kind of confirms that, regardless of how he gets on.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ST MIRREN face a fight to land Celtic striker Vakoun Bayo on loan.

Buddies boss Jim Goodwin has tried to land the Ivory Coast ace again after missing out on a deadline day swoop in January.

Hoops gaffer Neil Lennon killed off those hopes at the turn of the year.

It’s thought Lenny is more open to allowing the 23-year-old to be farmed out if he himself can land another attacker.

But SunSport understands clubs from overseas have also registered an interest in Bayo, who cost the Hoops £2million from Slovak side Dunajska Streda in 2019.

That could make it tougher for Goodwin to land Bayo as he searches to add more firepower to his attack.

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    It's clear Lenny wants another striker in the door.

14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Send him to St Mirren, guaranteed to start for them and we can keep an eye on him.

15. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Rather send him to somewhere in our league for the reasons above.

16. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Would like to send him to a Hibs or Aberdeen or something rather than St Mirren tbh

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon is open to a loan switch for Vakoun Bayo as St Mirren prepare to make a move for the Celtic striker.

Buddies boss Jim Goodwin failed in his loan bid for the Ivorian in the January transfer window.

But he hopes to persuade the Hoops to farm out the 23-year-old striker for the new campaign.

And Lennon admits a temporary move for the frontman is “something we may look at”.

Bayo was left out of Celtic’s matchday squad for the 5-1 opening day thrashing of Hamilton Accies as he nurses a hamstring injury.

But, asked about St Mirren’s interest in the frontman, Lennon said: “I’m not aware of that. But it’s something we may look at.

First things first, we need to get Vakoun fit and take it from there.”

Goodwin could face a fight for Bayo’s services though with clubs from overseas reported to have registered an interest in the player.

The St Mirren boss admitted he was in the market for one more striker after his side’s opening day victory over Livingston on Saturday.

He said: “We’re always looking for good attacking players. Unfortunately they’re quite expensive and we’ve got to be sensible.

We’re waiting for the English market to open. I’ve got some young loan strikers I’d like to bring up but that won’t happen straight away.”

Bayo is behind Odsonne Edouard, Leigh Griffiths and Patryk Klimala in the frontline pecking order at Celtic and Lennon has admitted he’d like to add another striker before the summer window shut

Bayo, signed by Brendan Rodgers 18 months ago, still has two years left on his Parkhead contract.

But he’s made only 16 top team appearances, scoring four goals, in that time.

tarboltontim likes this.
  18. Jeffrey

16 games 4 goals plus the two vs Hearts that never counted, not all that bad tbh

The_Bhoy likes this.
  19. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Think Motherwell would be a good fit also.

Dan Breen likes this.
  20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Totally agree. A move to St Mirren for the season makes lots of sense and would give us a really good gauge on where he is at relative to where we need him to be. If he is ever going to make it at Celtic he needs a loan move like this to get himself up and running with regular games.

The_Bhoy and packybhoy like this.