1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Im sorry mate but Rogic is done at Celtic.

Cant maintain any kind of fitness and now must be considered third in the attacking mid position behind Christie and Ntcham who both offer far more in terms of work rate, pressing and to the team when compared with TR. On top of that he has hardly featured in pre season.

Its sad to see it but too often now Rogic looks like he is towing a caravan.

celticfan01, M 67 and Dan Breen like this.
  2. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    On top of that, Christie accoriding to Scott Brown is like a dog chasing a bone when trying to win the ball back and presses from the front of the park. That alone to the team is invaluable.

Rogic, in stark contrast, offers nothing defensively.

Ryanmcg84 and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Mental that just a season ago folk were talking about £15m+.

4. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Head says punt

Heart says keep forever.

Probably my favourite player in the modern era. That cup final goal will never be forgotten. If he was at all naturally fit he'd be far too good for us.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    During the summer 2018 he was worth it and people would have paid at least 10m for him. But his fitness will put off any suiters.

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yeah you maybe right.

Tbh the whole work rate isn't for me, you don't need a team chasing everyone around the park like madmen.

I'd like him to stay, but we'll obviously see how TR is getting on fitness wise and that may well determine his Celtic career.

Stats can be used any which way, for me Rogic has the better head on him for picking passes, remember RC takes setpieces too. Not that I don't like Christie, great work ethic with ability too.

7. Foley1888

I don’t think you can discount work rate, both domestically and against European opposition of similar standing when we play a high tempo pressing game we look a far more dangerous team than when we are deeper and passive.

I would say our defence remains a weak point so the further up the park we can win the ball back the better we can be.

I love Rogic as a player he has ability on the ball that not many in the team come close too including his eye for a killer pass. He is also good for a big goal.

A fit and in form Rogic would be in my team despite what I say above. However, his fitness woes have got worse instead of better. I am starting to think if we got offered a reasonable fee, I would rather see him go and play than be on our treatment table or out of the squad with us all clinging on to hope of the Rogic of old coming back.

StPauli1916 and G_portillo like this.
  8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Agree with all of this. Want him around for the 10 as he's played such a huge part in our successes over those years.

No doubt he's our most naturally talented player and can do things most others can't, but his fitness and performance level is miles off compared to Christie and Ntcham.

9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Well work rate is pretty important in away games especially in europe and Edouard doesnt press with a lot of intensity and tbh I dont think we want him to be doing that because that isnt his game, so by playing TR in the 10 position behind him you are losing the high press.

But quite clearly, Christie just isnt about workrate. His stats are better than big Tams. And big Tams stats have declined markedly over the past three seasons.

You cant keep looking at the situation with sentiment/nostalgia.. i dont think Rogic is that player anymore.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think he'll be gone by the time the window closes. I hope we get a good fee for him.

Crilly likes this.
  11. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Love Rogic to bits and he has been brilliant for us on his day. Think its time for him to go play in a league that suits him like the Spanish league or Italy. Would be a superstar there.

Crilly likes this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He only got a year left or 2?

13. Ryanmcg84

McChiellini.. likes this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I can see why we'd be trying to punt him then..

3 year's and approaching 28. What should be his peak years but with him missing so much time on the park.....we could probably still get a good fee for him now. Maybe China or somewhere like that if he wants to be closer to home and earn a fortune maybe..

15. apevrak

Rogic passing, ball control and finishing is among the best in the team. No need to punt yet imo, he'll come good in the jam packed season that lies ahead of us.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  16. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    I get the gripes with him and his chocolate bones but he has proved he’s a worthwhile asset. However atm he is a luxury we can afford. When that changes he will be seen as no longer required or unless we find a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Rogic is one of those players that if he had the fitness then he would’ve been £15/20m+ asset.

Still love him and ideally would prefer if he stayed. Big game player, especially in Europe. That game against Man City comes to mind when he had them on strings the whole night.

18. Ryanmcg84

Few folk on twitter claiming he's asked to leave

19. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Be gutted if he goes, what a player

20. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Im sorry but for the last few seasons, being one of the higher earners in the squad, he has not been a worthwhile asset.
    I dont event think he is competing for a place anymore and thats a sad state of affairs. But as “a luxury we can afford “” why would we want to hang on to a player who is producing less and less for us? Doesnt make sense.

Ryanmcg84 likes this.