1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

They will get something right at some point.

:56:

2. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Indeed. Until HoopsmanBrian confirms it, I'm not having it.

#hoopsupsideyourhead

3. CountyDownFaithful

Shane Duffy would be a brilliant signing! Would be buzzing if we managed to bring him in

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Guys a total * that runs that account

Tommy25 likes this.
  5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Terrible way to talk about @Notorious

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Your right mate, West Ham are a defensive team who play for a draw every week or 1 or 2 defensive breakaways to try n sneak a win, so good striker s are fairly limited in a match

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. apevrak

Hope we have someone scouting Bodø/Glimt's Jens Petter Hauge. The young winger is tearing up Eliteserien at the moment, 5 goals and 6 assists in 8 games so far this season. Kid is on fire. Rumour has it that he's about to sign for Cercle Brugge, but is stalling it now to hold out for offers from bigger clubs.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    The_Bhoy and Delphic like this.
  8. Delphic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Yeah absolutely mate. We should be scouting Scandinavia more in general.

Especially Norway, when we currently have Ajer and Elyounoussi.

Larsson, Mjallby, Rieper, - even guys like Wieghorst and Sviatchenko etc were decent signings for the money.

They seem to settle quickly, and have a great attitude/like the physical side.

I’ve been banging this drum for years.

9. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Would be an awesome signing, a shot across the bow also. An established EPL defender.
    Oh yea, a Free Derry lad into the bargain.
    Ticks all the boxes

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  10. Foley1888

That is a good shout their other winger Zinckernagel is also playing well with 7 goals and 8 assists in 9 games his contract is up at the end of the year too, the team seem to be flying. The other player who is scoring regularly in the league is Leke James, he had a one in two record last year and was particularly prolific at the end of the season and has 8 in 9 this season so far, again his contract is up at the end of the year. He wouldn't be anywhere near an Eddy replacement but could provide an option to have instead of a constantly injured Bayo.

The_Bhoy and apevrak like this.
  11. Foley1888

This would be a class signing and would add some much needed physicality to our team when defending and attacking set plays. With the exception of Julien we don't have many in the team that are decent in the air.

Dan Breen likes this.
  12. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Lot a rumours going about regarding Martin Boyle apparently the gaffer really rates him

13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Can see it happening tbh. We were interested in him a window or two ago and hibs could use the finances. I reckon we would get him for £500k-£1m.

A big downside is that he is now an Australia international and he has had a few injuries in recent seasons. But hibs badly missed him when he was out and he has put in a few strong performances against us in recent seasons.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  14. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    He's in the lat year of his contract, shouldn't command a big transfer fee. Lennon's always been a big fan of him.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He'd be another Jonny Hayes. Not good enough.

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If our first permanent signing in the summer that we go for 10 in a row is Martin Boyle, I'll be very disappointed.

We need to set the bar higher, much higher.

17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    As much as I am inclined to agree, i think the likeliness of us bringing in someone who will offer more than Mo or Forrest is pretty low. But i do agree that is what we should be trying to do.

that being said i think that Boyle will surprise a few if he stays fit as he is a very useful player.

personally id rather give more minutes to Dembele as i think he is ready and hopefully Johnston can come back and out his injury * behind him. But not opposed to signing Boyle

The_Bhoy and Seán Mac D like this.
  18. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Its quite an interesting time for us in the scottish market at the moment as so many teams could really use the money.
    Aberdeen today announced cuts and we still have an interest in Turnbull at Motherwell. There could be a few available at knock down prices. Surprised we havnt moved for Hickey yet.

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

These cheap punts from Scotland never really work out for us.Christie is the last and even then he took 3 years of loans to get up to the required standard.

Signing Boyle would spell to me that we're on a restricted budget this summer but it's the opposite of what we need.

We need a few dustings of quality at GK, LCB, LB (if Boli is punted) and RW; not to back-fill the squad with reserve players.

20. apevrak

Zinckernagel has been amazing, clearly the best player in the league so far. He had a good season last year as well, and have built on it from there.

Leke James is also a good shout. One of the main men behind Molde's title last year. He was banging them in left, right and centre from the summer on out and pushed Ohi, who was knocking on the door to the Norwegian NT, out of the first XI. Can't see Lenny bringing in a man like James unless Bayo, Griff or Klimala is for the off though. There's also a work permit to worry about.

Also worthy of a shout is Stabæk's Emil Bohinen and Bodø/Glimt's Patrick Berg. Both are young CDM's and been blooming this season.

Bohinen is a big guy, great tackler on the ball and breaking up play. He's been the beating heart of the Stabæk team this season IMO. Will be interesting to keep tabs on him as the season moves on. His style reminds me of McTominay.

Patrick Berg is more of a allround midfielder like CalMac. Great at reading the play and pick out a good pass.

Foley1888 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.