1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] PSG v Celtic Tuesday July 21 6PM premier sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 19, 2020.

Discuss PSG v Celtic Tuesday July 21 6PM premier sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

One thing that bothered me was the early goals at the start of both halves. Yes it was a friendly but its something we were guilty of last season too in some competitive games.

2. oh bhoy

They highlighted our weak spots I'll say it again biton ain't a cb sure he could do a job in the spl if you were stuck (and there is no reason for us to be stuck) a proper cb would have made a much better effort at the first 3 goals .Bain ,taylor ain't good enough and will be shown up every time in europe

BigWilly likes this.
  3. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Decent workout and but for a sloppy touch or poor pass should have had a goal or two.

Showed up our glaring deficiencies, lack of focus at beginning of either half just sleeping and it’s becoming a habit. Also lack of depth in defence along with the need for a top class keeper.

Middle to front looking good, could probably do with another winger or striker that can really hold the ball up and link play with Edouard.

4. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Yes Sean ! , that and the fact they passed it around for 3 minutes and we didn't touch the ball apart from picking it out the net second half .

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    PSG have spent ~£2b on player fees since 2011. They spend £650m a year to run their operation. It is absolutely no shock they are a class above us.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not often we can be satisfied with the performance after a 4 0 defeat but there was so many positives from basically everyone.

Big Jullien is looking more class every time he plays, some effort off the post. Jeremie looked good too, incredible feet and some delivery. Not seen much of Klimala but I liked his confidence asking Bain for the ball and then collecting it, don't know why it was a foul.

Ntcham with moments of world class, loved him taking the ball of that wee *.

Callum and Jamesy nearly scored worldies at the end and it's always great to see them two in this kind of form pre season. Hope Tam stays fit, looks a bit too Brasilian at times but he can ping a ball about. Christie's engine is incredible, another player who's getting better and better. What a ball he can put in.

Can't mind ever wanting a player to be good enough as much as Boli, he's so positive but I think he's running out of time. Did have a nice moment blocking a cross then deciding to pass it out in the box, it's impossible not to like the guy :giggle1:

Thought Taylor did well, was relaxed when coming out with the ball and always makes a decent decision it seems.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Enjoyed that far more than I thought I would.

Some lovely bits of play, created good chances and held our own for long periods.

Goalkeeper is massive priority but we all knew that before facing arguably the best attacking force in Europe.

9. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

point them out.
    But it wasn’t his decision to sell CG & decide to maybe stay at Southampton & to pick himself tonight.

seanm likes this.
  10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

well I was shocked.

seanm likes this.
  11. dmac

Think losing a goal in the first minute highlights the fact that at this level you need to be switched on from the first kick of the ball

seanm and Dalbeth3 like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. joemc

Frimpong a wee bit starstruck taylor too slow for wingback position , final ball lacks , mcgregor not getting best from him atm ,christie ,biton,ntcham played well .
    The difference in these games is first touch , and choice of pass , the pace lost from this is the difference of getting a shot in at goal against these teams , but we have to be happy with our lot , we are a good team , we can get better ,I will get * for this but ,I like the shape of how the huns have set up , they have found a system that works against better teams , we have probably helped with that ,at this point we are a weaker side and have gotten weaker since br 2nd season ,we can't take a chance on thinking we have enough , that would be showing ignorance .

MagicBallBhoy and seanm like this.
  14. Cerand Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott McDonald
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Way
    Enjoyed some of our play against a world beating team. Nowt to be ashamed of. I just wonder how much we will regret this season coming not paying what it takes to get Foster back / signed. Could be very costly indeed.

seanm and PaulM1888 like this.
  15. TheHappyLoss

Get an early goal next week at home and we can still turn this round :fear:

16. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Lost the violin cup and couldn’t even score against a PSG reserve team in the 2nd half! Lawwell must condemn! HH :shamrock:

seanm likes this.
  17. john2061

Aye any tournament sevco wins and we are in it as well the board needs to go :fear:

18. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Exactly!

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. seanm

put that * naymar on the barbie. no wonder barca got rid of him.HH