1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maestro 08

Looks like Lennon has confirmed what a few of us in here could obviously deduce from him being left behind. Griffiths is living off past reputation. I'm glad Lennon has come out and left no one in doubt, no one more so than Griffiths himself. Some amount of * can get spouted in here from the perpetually offended mob. Time for Griffiths to pull his finger out, last chance saloon time....if he's lucky.

2. Maestro 08

Nah I'd give him a month to prove his worth. If he's still not cutting it, loan him to hibs. Don't let him play against us and hopefully he scores a dozen against the huns.

3. Maestro 08

Did wee McEwan ever get back to you on this comment? If he crawls out of hiding from his own * maybe he'll apologise to you :56:

Scott smyth likes this.
  4. Maestro 08

There's guys on here that say whenever they have a sneak peek on the hun forums anyone who says anything remotely opposed to the views of the hard-core regulars they are '* this' and '* that'. Well there's a good few regulars on here that don't like their views being challenged likewise.

The_Bhoy and Ryanmcg84 like this.
  5. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    No * all. Pretty good at the abusive * but not so good when the truth appears. Mate I've followed Leighs career from before he signed at Celtic, when he was at Dundee I always thought he is a goalscorer. But it seems that despite every manager trying to help him he's just got that destruct button. Now I really hope he doesn't sink into that black hole again but where does the club go with this. If you didn't do your job the right way you wouldn't have it long. Footballs no different and imo it's only a matter of time before Leigh moves on. He will be a big loss but we have always managed to replace players eventually

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  6. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    See your right. His best season is 4 years ago now and 3 managers have came and went. And the thing is the one guy that got the best out of him also questioned his fitness and professionalism towards training

7. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Mate I couldn't give a toss what some have said about me. I don't hide behind a nickname and I also have said were I sit at Celtic Park so I have * all to hide. Been a member on The Rutherglen Vogue and Dean Park, now Kelly's Bus so for someone that's a hun and on FF I have a twisted life

8. Maestro 08

He certainly is. I've called him out before on it but he can't help himself.

Anyway back to Griff. I think Lennon has said what a lot of us have been thinking. Basically the club have supported him and backed him and it's time for him to step up but he hasn't, he's clearly let a lot of people down. Hopefully he can rescue things but just maybe Leigh would be better suited to a club a little less in the limelight where expectations and standards are not as high. Wherever he ends up I hope he gets back to playing with a smile on his face. I don't think that is here anymore, unfortunately.

Scott smyth likes this.
  9. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Mate Griff has gave us some great goals, hates the zombies and the Jambos with equal measures. Nothing would ever dislike him but he can't do what he's doing with no comebacks. Maybe going to Hibs or so might help but imo that's him chucking it, no disrespect to Hibs and not the way to end your career. He is still only 29 and will always score goals but as you say its maybe that time

10. Maestro 08

He might come out and shock us all and 4 months from now we'll be lauding him but he's got a lot of work on to do that, especially with the way Lenny was talking. We'll see what happens but Celtic simply can't afford to wait around indefinitely for a guy to hopefully wise up, that's the reality. Maybe the lower expectations and more leeway he would be afforded at a club like Hibs is right for him at this period in his life. Ultimately time will tell.

11. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Yep we can't wait. I said that with only Eddie as a tried and tested player if anything happened we would be in * Street. Yet McEwan said we had 2 strikers bursting to play!!!! Aye 2 player that played under 10 games total and a total of 2 goals!! And he thought that was a great back up. We can't wait, 10 in a row is a one off chance. And if we blow it because of no cover up front I bet the same poster would be going mental

12. Maestro 08

I know but I would love him to come roaring back. Griff is guaranteed goals and his blossoming partnership with Eddy looked so promising, that's why I'm so disappointed.

Klimala and Bayo are still unknowns and unless we buy some serious, first team ready strikers we could really suffer. If Griff is done here we are in unknown territory, do we stick with a couple of young unproven strikers who hopefully do the business or go in to the market again. Not ideal considering what is at stake. The frustration of Lenny with him must be huge.

13. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I really can't see what choice Lenny has but get another striker. The league is a absolute must at all costs and the CL for the financial aspect. I'm pretty confident that the likes of Christie, Forrest will weigh in with goals but it leaves too much left to Eddie. And then you worry that we play him with a knock because we don't have a striker to play in place. It's okay saying we have Patryk and Bayo but it just isn't strong enough to take that chance

14. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    A few pages back I kinda gave LG a pass...

Now I'm out....had enough of him... especially in the most important season coming up.

The_Bhoy and Peej like this.
  15. Al Bootyerbaws

So frustrating because we know how good Griffiths can be for us. His stuff with Eddy was really looking good at times as well last season. Now this pish. Sounds like Lennon has had enough of him.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  16. celtic warrior

There comes a point where you can no longer help those who won't help themselves.

It's harsh but life carries on regardless with or without you and either you can decide if your still on board or the choice can be made for you.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

It was to be expected to be honest.

His mental health conditions I believe are entwined with a self destruct button, not easy to turn that off.

I am not making an excuse for him, he also has a boss who understands mental health issues so I believe hes not doing himself any favours.
    Do not like the going public thing at all, especially with his personality, Neil should have known this, and it may have been more humane to make a decision on his future behind closed doors.

As for social media, it should be a condition of contract to stay off that * full stop.

packybhoy, The_Bhoy and Marty McFly like this.
  18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We do have two strikers raring to go. One scored last night. These are facts.

Whether they can be successful is another question. You’ve already written them off, because that fits your narrative.

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Lennon is wrong for doing what he’s doing. Man managers are meant to “manage” every situation and every player in the best way possible to suit that players personality etc. This isn’t the way to treat this situation. Outing a guy in the press who already gets negative attention on social media daily from bellends and someone the media love to target.

Couldn’t give a * what anyone thinks, it’s wrong.

20. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Lenny's went public with it for a reason, obviously all the private warnings and punishments aren't working, it's no getting through to him.
    If Klimala turns out to be decent, Griff will struggle to get another look in.