1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

2. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Could see this selahi guy in and ntcham gone.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Lewis Kerr

One of the most inconsistent players we've had in a while. Can look world class or dug *. I like him but it's frustrating

6. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I think we could afford to lose Ollie or Tam if the price is right but in the current climate there won’t be many teams parting with the big bucks this summer.

7. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Will agree and disagree. For sure he's capable of producing excellent football when he's in the mood. Is that what we want? Personally I'd rather have a decent player not quite as good as Oli can be but more consistent and reliable. I've quoted Sean's video here because the bit I disagree with is he's technically the most gifted which is very wide of the mark for me. In this video @ 1.30mins the pass from Ntcham is superb no doubt but the way Eddy collects it and places it, Ntcham can't do that. I think Eddy is on a different level technically and intellectually the way he treats the whole opposition half as an attacking area. Another brilliant move involves Callum who I also think is a more technically gifted player than Oli. For me the best move in the video is when Broony starts it with a quick fire pass to Oli, which suggests a trust in his skill to control such a fierce ball which he does, then with the one touch out wide he runs in for the return. It's an incredible team goal and shows what he's capable of but for me it's about the team. I'm not convinced he's a team player like the ones we pick straight away in the match threads. When you say this season is critical and he loves the critical I'm not so sure he's got the temperament for the ups and downs of a critical season. I hope you're right though cause that would make some difference to our tactics.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  8. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He's the French Samaras...hopefully his consistency will improve this season. Year older, year wiser and aw that.

Smithy, The_Bhoy and Lewis Kerr like this.
  9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Big Oli signed on the 12th, lol.

As said he can be brilliant or absolute pish.

Talented bhoy, but still not sure of his attitude and application, the Porto stuff did stick him in my bad books though.

10. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He’s great on the ball, but can be a complete liability when we don’t have it at times. The first goal tonight is the perfect example of why a base two of McGregor and Ntcham will never work, as neither of them have a natural defensive instinct (against decent sides at least).

Too often tonight Ntcham was unaware of the space behind him (the first goal for example) or slacked when he should have been tracking a runner into our box. He really needs to work on that side of his game.

Dan Breen likes this.
  11. pop47

The first goal tonight was awful from the midfield nobody was anywhere near the little *,they were caught flat to far forward in a line with to much distance between them and the defence,nobody playing defensive mid which could have prevented the ball thro to Neymar or at least held him up.

But it's early doors and can be sorted,they are a class team.

12. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye I'm critical of his concentration levels and said I wouldn't mind if we sold him as part of the Forster deal but I'm glad he's signed a new deal because even with his faults his ability to produce world class football makes him a brilliant squad/rotation player to have.

Might be wide of the mark but I have a hope he might be extra focused this season, not because of 10, because I think his consistency might have been something he's having to address personally to really attract the attention he wants.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  13. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Totally agree, can you imagine what he'd be like if he could play at that standard consistently?

14. celtic warrior

Not at Celtic.

The_Bhoy and Lewis Kerr like this.
  15. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He's a big game, big occasion player, just doesn't get fired by Hamilton at home but Lazio , psg etc different story

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

16. Foley1888

On his game he is a brilliant player but he flatters to deceive as often as he is brilliant and I do sometimes struggle to know where it is best to play him. He lacks the defensive instincts to play as a DM and doesn't track runners or read danger well. As an AM he can be effective but doesn't produce as many goals or assists as others do in that position (I used to feel this way when we played McGregor as a 10). He doesn't have the stamina to be a box to box midfielder for 90 minutes.

If it meant we had funds to sort out 2 or 3 positions I wouldn't be against selling him.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'd say Copenhagen away in the Europa knockouts was a big game. He inexplicably tried to do a pirouette 25 yards out from goal, lost it and then conceded a goal.

For me he's just completely inconsistent. Equally capable of putting in a phenomenal performance as he is an atrocious one.

Lewis Kerr and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  18. Cesar67x www.Twitter.com/@GlasgowRebeltm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ntcham is Samaras 2.0 when he can be arsed he's a must in the starting 11 but when he can't be arsed it's like watching someone e inescapable of making a 2 yard pass

19. oh bhoy

Hes is as good a back up midfielder as we have ever had ,would be another way to look at it

Lilac Wine likes this.
  20. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Aye on his game he's outstanding but can just as quickly be anonymous aswel as playing *, I have a feeling he's not challenged enough and switches off

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Lewis Kerr, The_Bhoy and Cesar67x like this.