1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    The reason I said a starter is his goalscoring record is up there with the best. A 1 in 2 games scorer is a must in any team and if you have 2 like him and Eddie you will score plenty goals so its not rocket science. But your right we're do we draw the line because if he's not available then do we recruit and punt him

2. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He is the current top scorer at Celtic of those still playing. He is being supported by Celtic through the mental health problems. He has my full backing until he is no longer a Celtic player. Good luck Griff and get fit soon to allow you to help us reach 10IAR.

3. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Got right bad in here. The record makes an article and everyone is buying Intae it the same rag it batters Griff at every wee opportunity. From what I’ve read by the club he is staying behind to concentrate on getting back to his best as he was doing throughout the lockdown. What makes it different this time as I’ve never seen so much folk take the records word for events in the past.

4. dmccourt95

The record is an utter rag that will sensationalise and fabricate * to make a story seem 100 times worse than it is. I’d expect griffiths to be in the team come the start of the season

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He was pumping a wee dirty up Castlemilk that’s why he was out getting a munchy box. :84:

Conlon likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

That’s it aye.

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    What’s worse is he wanted vegetables pakora instead of chicken, he should be sacked for that imo.

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

LEIGH GRIFFITHS has been reassured his Celtic career is NOT over - as he vowed to prove his critics wrong.

SunSport can reveal Hoops boss Neil Lennon has had a heart-to-heart discussion with the out-of-shape striker insisting he can still have a Parkhead future.

We revealed on Sunday how Griff, 29, had been bombed out of the Hoops squad ahead of this week’s pre-season trip to France.

He will stay behind in Scotland as his team-mates play three vital bounce games in the next eight days against Lyon, Nice and PSG.

It was decided the Scotland star wasn’t in good enough physical condition after returning for duty following the Coronavirus lockdown.

Griff will stay at Lennoxtown to work on his conditioning in a bid to catch up with his team-mates.

It’s the latest issue surrounding the goalscorer who has battled his own personal demons in recent years.

But crucially Griffiths has been told he can still be a key player in the squad in the upcoming campaign IF he gets his head down and regains his fitness.

And Griffiths is determined to battle back and prove to gaffer Lennon he can still be a major player in the club’s ten in a row campaign.

The hitman posted a defiant message on his Instagram social media account with inspirational quotes from the film Rocky Balboa.

The message read: “Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place.

“And I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

You, me or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit.

“It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.”

And Griffiths added: “So many knockdowns, I’ll rise up and keep challenging those who doubt.”

Celts are still searching for a new striker as competition for main man Odsonne Edouard.

But it’s hoped Griffiths will be ready to rejoin the squad following their training camp in Lyon.

Lennon’s squad have been in Loughborough for the past week as they prepare for the big kick off to the new season.

10. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I couldn't read any further than this. Hilarious. :56::56::56:

9 in a row. Treble treble. It's all worth * all unless we beat Lyon reserves in a friendly. :56::56::56::56:

11. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Would be brilliant if he is still there to unfurl the 10IAR winners flag on flag day.

12. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Aye griff was definitely daft for letting his fitness go when he was so sharp before lockdown but lockdowns been hard for everyone so I'm no judging him for pigging out. 2 weeks hard work and he'll be back to his best, total non event this imo.

13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Or at least round the Broomloan Road stand goalpost?

14. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Commons the latest to be handed a wee cheque to batter in, the cheek of him questioning someone’s body shape. Fat rocket

Cupid Stunt, JML67 and The_Bhoy like this.
  15. GreenLeanMean

Its unfortunate but I still reckon he'll have a huge part to play this season. Just needs to knuckle down

16. CountyDownFaithful

This situation as a whole is disappointing. The last thing Griffiths needs is to be in the headlines for negative reasons.

He overcame all of his struggles last year and was on fire before the pandemic. He's a professional and should have returned to training in a good condition like everyone else.

King of Kings likes this.
  17. StevieBhoooy!

Id pay a fee to watch him come in second in a late night pub car park brawl.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  18. Foley1888

Lock down could not have come at a worst time for him, out of all the players in the squad he was probably the one most affected. He was really coming in to a rich vein of form and scoring goals that reminded you of Leigh at his best.

As others have said given all the challenges that have presented themselves over the last two years with Griffiths (not saying he is in anyway to blame for those challenges) it must be a hard one for the club as well, given the current make up of the strikers available at the club. You have Eddy who is undoubtedly our main man upfront, Klimala who we paid a fair bit for but yet to be given the chance to show what he can offer and Bayo who has been unreliable in terms of his own injuries and yet to prove he can be trusted to lead the line for Celtic. So as a manager you are relying on Leigh to be either an experienced starter in a two up front formation or your alternative for your main striker if it is one.

Where I don't think he will be discarded or forced out the door, Lenny knowing how big a season this is may look to bring in another option to fulfil that starter/alternate role depending with/for Eddy, as he will be naturally questioning if Leigh will be available whether its his fitness, mental health or injuries.

Lastly, I detest all the ex-Celtic Players queuing up to have a pop at Leigh in the papers, you would think they would learn from the stupidity of Boyd doing that last year and making a clown of himself but apparently not. We will just need to wait and see how this unfolds and whether as suggested he is brought back in to the squad post the France trip or remains on the fringes, as with the exception of MJ who seems to be still recovering from a serious injury the others left behind in Shved, Ralston and Hendry I don't suspect will be here very long.

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Even a half fit Griff would run rings round commons.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You know problems and mental health can affect anyone right?

Even the “Privileged”. Which I don’t agree with. Money doesn’t solve real problems or guarantee happiness.

Sean Daleer likes this.