1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :52:

2. Maestro 08

Kind of disappointing if it's true. Was really hoping he would have spent the break getting himself in top condition like Klimala seems to have done, with the view of coming out the blocks firing this season, especially after a stop/start couple of seasons for him and after a promising end to least season. Looks like he'll be playing catch up again, in what is one of the most monumental seasons in the club's history. Time for guys like Klimala to take their chance or we go out and buy someone with pedigree. We will see alot of 2 up top this season and we need a reliable partner for Eddy.

3. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We don't know any of the details, other than he's stayed behind to work on his fitness. He may have picked up a knock and is trying to train through it, although I would have thought he may have still travelled and trained over there. Won't jump the gun personally on that basis, but will concede it's a little disappointing as ideally he would have liked a full pre-season and to hit the ground running, considering his form with Edouard in the latter part of the season, and also with Bayo and Klimala chomping at the bit for game time. Think we all need to relax and wait and see what develops though.

tarboltontim likes this.
  4. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    I think you making light of this tbh
    After 4 weeks of training he's still not fit enough, that in itself is a very worrying thing.
    How unfit was he because after that length of time surely he would have shed the necessary weight

5. Ryanmcg84

This has nothing to do with mental health. Every single manager we have has had a problem with his attitude to training.

Hes had far more chances than his ability deserves. Came out after all that happened last year and said he owed the club big time for sticking by him and he wanted to repay us. Since then he's been pretty much unfit and barely involved outwith a 2 month spell.

He's a liability. Time and again he let's himself down. This is no way making light of his mental health issues this is to do with attitude problems and stupidity that have been with him since he was a kid at Dundee.

6. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The issue for me is after 3 /4 weeks of training he's still not fit enough, that's worrying and very poor. It means he must have been miles off the required level and imo he's disrespected everyone from the club, to the fans and everyone that's helped and stood by him.

7. Ryanmcg84

Klimala may well be an unknown quantity, he may well be pish. Who knows?

But look at how he's returned to pre season compared to Griffiths.

There no doubting who's got the better attitude and desire to be in the team

The_Bhoy and Scott smyth like this.
  8. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Jeez Louise!

That is all.

9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  10. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Really * is that about !!!! The only person that seems to be doing the knocking is Leigh himself. We all have problems in life. I lost my job due to the Pandemic and since I left school it's the longest I've ever been unemployed but just get on with it. Leigh leads a VERY privileged life were EVERYTHING is done for him. He's at one of the biggest clubs in the world and has already been well looked after by the club due to his off field issues. But if he's looking for someone to blame for the latest beating then look no further than himself. If he couldn't find the strength to train properly while getting thousands of pounds a week to do only that then what chance to people have on a lot less money and a less privileged life style

The_Bhoy and Ryanmcg84 like this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Who is he knocking here.

The Celtic fans who make up lies about him.

The other sets of fans who make up lies

If that’s him looking for someone to blame.

Well I don’t know what to * say.

12. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    since you’re so quick to judge, what is the actual situation? Because there’s no way you’re just basing this all on a vague new report. Surely.

Spring Time and StPauli1916 like this.
  13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Sorry to hear about your job, I'm sure things will turn around soon across the board

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

14. joemc

Griff seems the type to take for granted his tremendous ability, gifted as 1 of the best strikers of a ball we have and there have been many.
    But youth departs us all and its then that nutrition , looking after yourself ,training harder than others alng with experience buys you a few more years at the top .
    Lenny will give him the chance to claim his place, he has to see he needs to work harder now to stay where he feels he belongs .

15. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm basing it on the facts. He's been left out of a much needed 3 match tournament to get players back playing. And he's left out because of a lack of fitness, fact. Now we have a post from him, allegedly, giving us a Rocky qoute from a movie. If he's looking for sympathy from the support then, IMO, he's had plenty over the time at the club. None more than his lengthy absence then welcomed back into the fold. He's came back very unfit, and I base the very unfit on he's been training for nearly 4 weeks but still not fit, and the only person to blame is himself. Now if there's more to it than what people have heard or read so far, then I will apologise no problem. But he's a professional athlete playing for a massive club where he gets EVERYTHING done for him. The only thing he needed to do was keep to the training schedule given to him. But he didn't and has once again let the club done going into the most important season in 50 years. He's one of the most experienced players in the squad, and plenty fans and young players will look up to him, and should be setting an example on how to prepare. I just can't understand what is going on with him and how many chances or help before saying enough is enough. I love the wee man, as a goalscorer he's second to none, but imo enough is enough because we need players with his ability playing not sitting in the stands

Ryanmcg84 likes this.
  16. Ryanmcg84

The situation is pretty simple. He's returned unfit for work.
    If this was in any way linked to his previous mental health issues to you seriously think the club would have came out and said what they did. Do you think our manager who has spoken of his own mental health issues in the past would have came out publicly and kicked him while he was down?

Mental health problems are a serious issue but far too many people here are trying to use them as an excuse for the current situation when it is clearly not the case.

He's let himself down, he's 29. He needs to stop with all the social media pish and * grow up and start doing the job he's paid extremely well to do.

Lewis Kerr, The_Bhoy and Scott smyth like this.
  17. James Gold Member Gold Member

18. Ryanmcg84

Or sitting in a motor in the middle of the afternoon eating kebabs

19. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I think you are missing the point. He's been training for 4 weeks yet still not fit enough to be included in a tournament. There's something far wrong if that's the case. This day and age players don't do close seasons like they did in the 70s and 80s when coming back we'll overweight. Every player has a set weight and body fat level to adhere to and given a fitness program to adhere to. Now if he's ignored that and just not given a toss then he's lucky not to be kicked out the club. He's had so much leeway in the last 2 years or so that's he hardly played for us and tbh hasn't been missed as much as what I thought we would

20. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    sound mate, so because he’s behind to work on fitness, based on celtics short comment? So we are ruling out any potential injury, strain, or anything else? And deciding he’s came back too unfit? Just getting this right, because what you really don’t want to do is jump to conclusions without all the facts.

Spring Time likes this.