1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He likes the number 22 apparently

The_Bhoy likes this.
  3. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Don’t think it’s necessary to change his number. After the number 7’s we’ve had in recent times I wouldn’t be bothered about giving him it haha! If anything I’d like to see Jamesy given the number 7

4. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Should be offering him a new deal and demanding a serious amount of money when he goes. With respect to the clubs he's been linked with, he should be looking at moving straight to a top side in my opinion, and the £25m figure I've seen floated about is a joke. That's what we got for KT and I think Arsenal got a serious bargain there, a striker of similar (probably greater) talent should be worth far more.

Didn't watch much EPL football pre-lockdown, but have watched a wee bit since the restart and I'm not seeing too many who match Edouard for ability. Arsenal may need a replacement for Aubamayang/Lacazette, and Spurs need a partner/replacement for Kane.

- Wolves paid £35m for Jimenez.
    - Sheff Utd paid £20m for McBurnie.
    - Southampton paid £18m for Ings.
    - Newcastle paid £40m for Joelinton.
    - Crystal Palace paid £32m for Benteke.
    - Brighton paid £20 for Maupay.
    - West Ham paid £45m for Haller.
    - Watford paid £18m for Gray.
    - Aston Villa paid £22m for Wesley.
    - Bournemouth paid £19m for Solanke

All big fees with varying degrees of success, but how many would you happily swap for Edouard?

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

For personal reasons or something like that.

Canny mind but I’m sure he said that in an interview

The_Bhoy likes this.
  6. DonnyCelt

Apparently indicated to the board he is willing to sign a new deal

bobs1974 likes this.
  7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Set boaby tae stauner

Sean Daleer and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Please tell me your source wasnt football insider

9. StevieBhoooy!

Noooo... he will always be bigger than that

Jamesy =

Would have been good to get done before he’s in the French Shop window.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  10. DonnyCelt

No was messaged this morning by a mate in Glasgow. Just seen that article now

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  12. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Heard he once ordered a pizza without veg on it. Totally unprofessional.

Punt.

Marty McFly likes this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

As long as it didn't have pineapple on it. Wrong yins.

CookieMonster and Marty McFly like this.
  14. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Board need to get this Done.

15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The number 7 patter is chronic.

22 is and always will be Edouard, imo.

StevieBhoooy! and The_Bhoy like this.
  16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Or BBQ sauce base. Those people can't be trusted.

PaulM1888, Hammy89 and Seán Mac D like this.
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Very true. Oddballs.

JML67 likes this.
  18. Cupid Stunt

* sake, I'd argue there's something wrong with you if you don't get a BBQ base.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Author of a remarkable season at Celtic, Odsonne Edouard has attracted the attention of many teams. The Frenchman is at a crossroads this summer 2020.

Celtic is going to tour France. Thursday at 6.45pm, the Scottish team will face OGC Nice at Groupama Stadium as part of the Veolia Trophy. Two days later, on July 18, the Glasgow club will cross swords with Olympique Lyonnais (8.45 p.m.). Then, on July 21, Celtic will continue its preparation with a friendly match against Paris Saint-Germain. The opportunity to see Odsonne Edouard in action. Crowned champion of Scotland 2020 with his team, the French continued to progress while chaining goals. He thus scored 28 in 45 appearances in all competitions. Goal scorer, the former PSG also proved to be a formidable passer (9 assists). Inevitably, these beautiful statistics added to his many qualities have attracted the attention of several teams ready to get their hands on him.

Last winter, Celtic stood firm and closed the door to all of its contenders. Will he be able to do the same this summer? Under contract until 2022, the 22-year-old striker is interesting to the world. In France, Olympique Lyonnais has been following him closely for several seasons. And Les Gones will certainly have the opportunity to see him at work this week. If some German stables also have an eye on him, it is especially on the other side of the Channel that the clubs are on the lookout. In the event of a rise in the Premier League, Leeds (Championship) would be ready to place itself for the native of Kourou. Marcelo Bielsa would even have made Frenchy his priority. But in the first division, clubs are interested in his profile, like Leicester, Everton and Crystal Palace. Arsenal, which multiplies the tracks in case of departure from Lacazette and / or Aubameyang, also follows it.
    Many clubs think of French but ...
    Questioned by the Daily Mail a few days ago, the footballer born in 1998 had confided: "for the moment, I am still under contract with Celtic and my priority is to replay football. Arsenal's interest? It shows that I work hard and make the right choices as a player. It's flattering, but I'm just focusing on playing well with Celtic. That's what I'm focused on right now. ” Words that should reassure his club for the moment. A club which also seeks to extend its contract, which ends in June 2022. What his coach Neil Lennon recognized. “Yes, there are discussions with Odsonne Edouard currently. These are underway with its representatives. He's a player we want to build around. He had a wonderful season and we want to keep it. We are doing everything we can to keep him here for at least another season. ”
    Then he added, "I think he is happy here. He has a fantastic relationship with his teammates and you can see how much the fans appreciate him, which is reciprocal. Odsonne has become a first class attacker and of course there is going to be speculation around him, but we are comfortable with the position in which we find ourselves. " Discussions are therefore continuing between the different parties. The future of the French will be one of the major challenges of the Hoops transfer window. The latter, who would have also set its starting price at 28 million euros, are still hopeful to keep it. Despite everything, this price remains affordable for many stables ready to get their hands on the young and promising Odsonne Edouard, who is coming to a crucial turning point in his Scottish adventure.

https://www.footmercato.net/amp3864...ise-odsonne-edouard?__twitter_impression=true

tarboltontim likes this.
  20. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Odsonne Edouard is here for 20 in a row!