1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    We don't know the full story but be honest being left behind say it all. He's not been left behind just for a minor thing. We are approaching the start of the biggest season in probably 50 years or so. The potential to go done as legends for the current squad is immense yet a experienced member of the squad is left behind. That's not good no matter what you might think. Now if it was down to an injury fair do but the story is that he's left behind to work on his fitness well that's really poor by him

The_Bhoy, Dan Breen and DuffyBhoy like this.
  2. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Yep agree with that. I thought that after the last 18 months that the loyalty the club and support had shown Leigh that he would be motivated to show us in return. But by the looks of it he may, and I say may, have used up all his lives. Bear in mind that Klimayla has came back, by all reports, like a monster build wise so he is going to get game time straight away.

DuffyBhoy likes this.
  3. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    aye fella, wee can only base it on what wee know.. wee all want a fit griff, but iff it proves counter productive wee have to cut ties. but i would happily be wrong.

4. paulm25

Griff has often struggled coming back from periods out due to fitness issues. Doesn't mean he's not put the effort in, I guess comparison could be made to Rogic never being able to last a full 90 minutes. So what if he's been left behind to work on his fitness. It states that other players are staying behind also, but this is a media attack on Griff as per usual, using words like bombed out of the squad and axed when none of this is evident. Oh, and when it said Sunsport understands...that should be enough for anyone to disregard this pish

Big els, The_Bhoy, saltire78 and 6 others like this.
  5. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Big chance for Klimala to jump ahead of Griff.

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I love the wee man, but he needs to cut this. It could prove to be a bridge too far, and as said Klimala may get a chance and also supposedly interested in Weissmann.

7. Ryanmcg84

Interesting that 3 of the other 4 are Ralston, Hendry and Shved. All 3 couldn't be any further from the managers plans.

This may be a temporary thing or he may now find himself in this small group of players that Lennon wants away from the squad as they have no future here

The_Bhoy likes this.
  8. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Will wait to hear directly from Lenny or the club about Griff. As per, nobody knows the full story.

Not the best of news he isn't involved but let's wait and see what transpires.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The tabloids are ovb late to the party if you look back few weeks in this thread griff deletes social media and then goes on balance prep dietary products ....looks like he had his wrists wrapped off of Celtic few weeks back and he’s making up for lost time during lockdown he will catch up and that will be the end of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    IF it's TRUE, its disgraceful from Grif, after everything the club, Lenny, and fans have done for him it would be a major slap in the face if hes felt he couldn't be bothered keeping in shape for the biggest season we've had in 50 years!

Alot of fans, myself included, gave up their right for a refund for last season's ST, which in part enabled the club to keep paying guys like Grif the thousands of pounds a week they earn at the same time our own earnings were being slashed, if he has then went on to treat it as a holiday it would be majorly disappointing given the circumstances.

I'm sure Lenny will decide the best course of action going forward for the club, however will only have himself to blame If hes ended his celtic career.

Scott smyth and Dan Breen like this.
  11. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Will wait to hear the full story but there’s certainly nothing good about him being left out of this trip.
    Nothing ever straightforward with Griff ffs.

12. DonnyCelt

Him being left behind when we have 3 tough pre season fixtures to play speaks volumes to me mate. He's done

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Need to invest in another striker. Beyond a joke how much he misses due to his fitness.

Dan Breen likes this.
  14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    As bad as huns some of the * on here sometimes. Know * all but happy to run with the * rumours in the media.

15. northeast67

We definitely need a quality striker Longside eddy that's constantly available, with Griffiths in the background ready to come on as a sub from now on, hopefully klimala or Bayo prove to be capable of stepping in when griffs no fit

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Let's wait to hear what the score is before everyone jumps to conclusions that may be wrong.

Also, if you struggle with mental health it's a long and can be a constant battle he can't always be treated the same as a normal player. Expectations may need to be tempered at times.

Lockdown has taken its toll in lots of ways for all different people from all walks of life and it may have been tougher on Griff than we may realise.

He's a potent weapon and if he needs a bit more time then we need to trust Lenny to manage that. I think Griff is a player/person who needs that interaction

I'm not saying we should carry passangers and we may need to go into the market but like every place of work we should continue to help anyone who struggles with mental health issues.

If indeed that's even the issue.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Too late.

18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

What is the reasons he is missing pre season games then? Games needed for the season to kick off in a few weeks. His fitness is pish. We need another striker because its blatantly obvious he cant be relied on.

Edit.

I'm not a Griffiths basher, hes my favourite player but this season is too important to let sentiment get in the way.

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I've edited my post above..

20. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Never fails to amaze me how readily our own fans turn on one of our players....who needs enemies when you have friends like that.