1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday/Travels Thread

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by H67, Jul 8, 2012.

Discuss Holiday/Travels Thread in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

:56: my panda eyes will look even more weird this year with a matching panda face.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  2. Paul McAuley

Currently in Magaluf. Flew out here thinking i wouldnt have to quatantine when i get back now it looks like i do. Gonna blag a test when ah get back so a can get back to work. Theres never been clear advice since this thing started. Devoloution dosent help either seen the two govenments couldnt agree on the colour of *. Ave actually started to see that Sturgeon is just trying to one up Boris at every opertunity.

3. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Had to take another date on my holiday & now fly out to Benidorm in October, hope everything is fine by then.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

4. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Just reading back on this, 7 of us would've been back from the Melia last Monday if everything was normal , only paid £70 deposit so waiting on Jet 2 refunding that as holidays were still cancelled at our departure

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    They have no cancelled every flight upto the day before I go due to this quarantine! Fed up seeing people on Twitter and the likes being disrespectful to people for wanting to go on a holiday absolutely shocking

paulie walnuts likes this.
  6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Seen some people say Ireland is going to advise against all non essential travel for the rest of 2020 bar a handful of destinations!

7. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

hopefully when you blag it you don’t kill someone close to you by passing the virus to them. If you do kill someone through passing it on, I hope it is someone close to you, rather than someone else’s close family/ friend.

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    My flight to Benidorm is the first one out with Jet2 on the 27th what date where you meant to fly?

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Think what pal means is he is going to phone 111 and try and get tested for COVID maybe 5 days after he gets back if gets all clear as 97% of people show symptoms after 5 days if all clear back to work.

10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I didn’t read it like that, as he didn’t mention 111. Though I edited my response it’s probably harsh.

11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What people need to remember is some of us have been locked down for 16 weeks.

People had holidays booked and paid for before the covid situation and some have been left in the unenviable position of having to choose to go away or risk losing what they paid.

the virus is still there and the risks are very real but people shouldn’t be lambasted, criticised or made to feel like * for wanting to go on a holiday THEY paid for out their hard earned cash!

We can’t all hide in the house forever economy doesn’t work like that, seen plenty people say well go on a UK holiday but you shouldn’t be told here to spend your money you support the British economy 50 weeks of the year!

I am fed up with people saying planes are death traps and COVID breeding grounds see if that was the case the FCO and WHO would not allow flights.

Scientists have said you are twice as likely to pick up covid on a bus/train/taxi than a plane due to the Hepa Filtration systems on planes!

people need to live a life and we need to live with this, ideally I would want us rid of this virus but to have a go at people for wanting a bit of sun when it’s their own risk is bang out for me!

* on Twitter i call sturgeon * kissers are constantly moaning about people and their holiday plans!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Imo to put spain on the list something stinks with The FM and Spain the data she used is from 2 weeks ago however I will agree there has been significant outbreaks in Spain in the last week but they seem to have them under control and we will have these outbreaks all over the world!

it’s a * of a situation how after 4 months locked down new cases are still appearing leaves me perplexed.

Of the 4 outbreaks in Spain

1 was migrant fruit pickers
    1 was an illegal overfilled wedding
    1 was a family funeral
    1 is a family on Majorca

It’s a * riot of a situation and kudos to Jet2 btw they didn’t have to cancel those Scottish flights to the 25th and 27th they could have done what Ryanair and easyJet have done and said the UK borders are governed by FCO not Scotland therefore if your flight is scheduled and you don’t go due to quarantine you have disinclined to travel and their normal T&C apply!

13. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

plenty of people beside yourself have been locked down for the whole time & accept it for the right reasons.
    Im not having a go at him for wanting a holiday I’m on about him wanting to “blag a test.” to carry on as normal when he returns.

do you think that’s right?

14. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    You do what suits you and your family mate. I hope you get to go and you have a great time. I think Nicola will have backed down on the Spanish quarantine by the time you go anyway.

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Am not sayin you mate just
    In general. That’s all you see
    On Twitter how sturgeon has saved your life and now you risk going to Spain and bringing it back and killing the population!

Tests should be made available 5 days After you return if anything everyone should be quarantined for 5 days after return then test imo from any destination!

but Paul could be like many as airlines and insurance adhere to FCO advice that’s governs UK as a whole and was a case of if you don’t go you lose what you have paid

16. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Flying out on the 5th October mate

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Don’t mistake someone trying to ensure folks safety as anything other than someone trying to ensure folks safety just because it doesn’t suit your current circumstances.

Spain is putting large areas into partial lockdown because the virus is still rife in the country. Scotland has made the correct decision quarantining anyone coming back into Scotland for 14 days. Boris doesn’t GAF about you or anyone else.

Marie likes this.
  18. Paul McAuley

Ave had it so the chances of me passing it on are slim. Also what do you want me to do not get tested and potentially pass it on to people. * wild response for trying to be responsible. I won’t be taking two weeks of work because of this stupid legislation. I will simply say I have symptoms to get the test.

19. Onefootwonder

The legislation was in place before you went on holiday.

You attacked Sturgeon above, but we have pretty much always been behind what happens in England. That's how the curve has happened.

Your own work should realise that you have been on holiday and stop you coming back. It would be irresponsible of your company to ignore guidelines and worse for you to deceive them.

Dalbeth3 likes this.
  20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You’ve had it, confirmed by a test?