1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foley1888

Player suggestion and one we were linked with in January, Yonatan Cohen 23 year old forward from Maccabi Tel Aviv in Israel. Looks like he could play any number of positions including LW, RW, CAM or CF which would make him versatile and an option in either 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1. He looks to have a cracking left foot on him but also comfortable on his right.

2. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    So does that mean any signings we “announce” at the moment won’t be official until our window actually opens? And then any players are signed up on that date. Has there been an official announcement for when it does actually start? Everything seems so unclear at the moment

3. Foley1888

Has the Government rubber stamped the start back on the 1st of August? Or as long as we stay phase 2 or above I assume it will go ahead. This will have an impact on when the transfer window will be open. I would imagine officially this will be as close to the start of the season to allow players to be registered to play but mean our window is open as long as everyone else’s.

That should not be delaying us trying to sign players, although it will impact decision making for some players who are still playing/ keeping their options open.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  4. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It means that anyone we sign before the window officially opens is employed by the club, but can’t be registered to play in any competitive match until it opens.

The last I read about dates was that FIFA wanted the window to close on 5 October, which means it would open next week. There’s been no official announcement that I’ve seen though.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  5. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Ahhh I get it now. Cheers bud :shamrock:

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....

Dutch are reporting we've had a bid turned down I think..

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Feel like the last position we need is another midfielder. Rogic, Soro, Brown, Mcgrgeor, Chirstie, Ntcham, Henderson etc.

Dan Breen and The_Bhoy like this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Original article for the above player.
    https://sportekspres.com/gjigandet-...nuk-kane-ndermend-te-leshojne-lindon-selahin/

Lindon Selahi is one of those footballers with the potential of the future to be kept under surveillance. Currently part of Twentes, this player has excelled this season being highly praised in the elite of "Eredivisie".

This has also attracted the interest of many well-known clubs, including Celtic. The Scottish giants took another step forward by sending the official offer to the club, which was rejected by the Dutch.

The latter are not expected to release Selah easily, and this has even been acknowledged by Twentes technical director Jan Streuer. The latter said that despite the interests that are for the Albanian midfielder, he will continue to be part of the Dutch team. So only a high offer and that could make Twenten change his mind, removes Selah from "his home

9. Foley1888

Interesting if that is Twente’s stance, as it appears he only has a year left on his deal so will be free to talk to clubs in January. It may be that we are viewing him as one for the future that we think we can get for a good price.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

More pick a name out the hat stuff.

Dan Breen likes this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He does look different to near enough all of those listed though. A box to box type who loves a challenge and pressing well..

12. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    If we get enough we can have a full team of centre mids. Guardiola style

Dan Breen likes this.
  13. Foley1888

Does anyone think it would be worth signing Pione Sisto from Celta Vigo? He only has one year left on his current deal and hasn't really been involved since the restart of La Liga. There was talk of Celta trying to sell him in the January window so they appear to see him as surplus to requirements so is unlikely to cost too much.

Given he can play either wing, has great pace and vision and is still only 25 years old he is coming in to his peak years and could still have resale value after a couple of good seasons here. It would be a bit like signing Ely, where he has struggled to hold down a place in a Big 5 league but has shown he has quality. In a team who predominantly attack you would imagine it would give him more opportunities to show his talents while his pace and vision would make him an asset in European football.

14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Seen a couple of paper links talking to Alberth Elis, speaks highly of us. Hes been talking to izaguirre about what it's like to play here. Would be a great signing.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  15. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He’s definitely the type of player that we should ordinarily be looking at and on his day he’s got real quality, but a LW definitely isn’t a priority with Moi and MJ already competing for that role.

I remember we were linked with him a couple of years ago. He definitely looks like he has plenty potential. If he was willing to come in and compete with Forrest, while providing cover up front too, it could be a good move.

16. Foley1888

Agree LW won't be a priority because of Moi being signed on loan, particularly when we need a GK and CB at least, but perhaps one to keep an eye on his situation as could be a long term option to actually get on a perm. I also like the look of Albert Elis, I think he would be a good one to get in that could complement the options we have.

I do think where possible it is important that we look at quality players who may be available on good deals as given the market we operate in for transfers and the volume of games we play having a pool of 14 or 15 should not be viewed as an issue, in modern football particularly this season, rotation will be vital in making sure we can continue to push forward. it also means that when the inevitable happens and players move on then we don't instantly need a replacement but can weigh up our options. Our CM is probably the closest we have to that at the moment with the likes of CalMac, Christie, Ntcham, Brown, Soro (still to see how good he is), Rogic and then a host of Academy boys all looking promising competing for 3 spots. So if Ntcham or Rogic left we could choose to bring in a replacement but it wouldn't be to the level of urgency we have currently at CB.

McGrory1888 likes this.
  17. Goggzy60

I know most games we will continue to play a form of 4-3-3, but if we do sign a big money centre back, I wouldn't be against bringing Stuart Findlay home as cover for left sided Centre Back.

18. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Nah promote Deas and/or welsh for cover and spend what we would on Findlay towards that big money signing.

19. Goggzy60

Ohhh for me any Ajer sale pays for a new Centre Back. If we don't sell him I don't see us going nuts on a Centre Back

The_Bhoy likes this.
  20. celtic warrior

Gotta be an atainable Welsh player, we've always done well with the Welsh lot :86:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.