1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Top Class Player on his day.. just wish there were a bit more of them. Quiet unassuming guy and looks like a great team mate. Definitely rather he was playing for us than against us. Fitness / stamina issues aside he has been a great signing. I would go as far as to say if he were playing more games at his top level then an EPL club would already have bought him from us

And i think he always looks quite modest when he scores.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  2. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Actually can see him rotating with Brown from now on.
    Brown playing European games mid week and Tam playing against the bottom six sides, with Cal Mac dropping into Browns role.

JC Anton likes this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Think the middle three will be rotated a lot more.
    Brown, Mcgregor
    Christie

Christie, McGregor
    Rogic

With Ntcham in the mix as well to give both Christie and McGregor a break regardless the opponent. Think you be right with Brown in the more important/bigger team games.

4. Ak1

Rogic just shows how fickle football can be.

Under Rodgers, he was probably one of the first names on the team sheet, with his lack of stamina overlooked for his other creative qualities. Lennon is demanding more from Tom physically, and it's down to the big man to get himself in condition to complete the full 95-98 minutes on a regular basis.

LectersLuncheon and The_Bhoy like this.
  5. joemc

Would have to disagree wae this m8 , I think rodgers had the players as fit as I've ever seen them , in fact stamina wise we were showing we had much more left in the tank than our opponents , and it was telling in many games coming into the last quarter of games , teams couldn't live with us.
    Many believed that lennys appointment would see this disappear and we would revert to old ways , lennys carried on the fitness approach and added a faster route to goal , also rogic was such a influence in rodgers team scoring vital and historic goals,also lasting full games .
    The problem has been troubling injuries which have hampered his ability to get a sustained run of games ,however he is still a diamond in our midfield and can be untouchable at times .

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Rogics suffers from some condition in his knee. I remember reading about it ages ago

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  7. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

Big season for the big man.... its either back to his best or his last season with the club

Crilly and Dan Breen like this.
  8. Crilly

Hopefully he gets back to his best but we have a great midfield, when him and Ntcham are at it they’re so creative and the football is quality but they need to be consistent every game cause you know Brown, McGregor and Christie will put in 100% every game. So I think we are comfy with cm and hopefully gets rotated a bit more even resting broony more. I’m forgetting sorro aswell. But yeah I blabbered on a bit my point was it’s completely up to him and Ntcham themselves to have a great season. Can’t be good one game and off the next they’ll need to be up for it every match or they’ll be swapped

Lilac Wine and The_Bhoy like this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    5-8 minutes of injury time?
    In a Celtic game?
    Good joke.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

Mince.Charming and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  10. murphy88

We are 1-0 up in these games.

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Sublime individual

12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    The long enforced break we have all had to endure may actually be just what Rogic needed. Hopefully a fully rested and fully fit Rogic back to his outstanding best is what we see come August. I am a huge fan but beyond my own bias I can really see and am very hopeful that this long break may actually prove to be a real positive for Rogic.

Taz likes this.
  13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He frustrates me, guy has got awesome potential.
    How does a manager unlock that potential? If Lennon figures it out, Tam could be player of the year.
    I suspect, given his lack of stamina, game management could be key.

14. murphy88

Rodgers got the best out of him. It's injuries that kill Rogic. He takes ages to get back up to speed when he returns.

Dan Breen and Lewis Kerr like this.
  15. Lewis Kerr

Yes on top form he's the best player in the country.

The thing is though he's always injured, coming back from injury or lost his confidence. Persistent injuries, lack of confidence and virtually no stamina are his issues

Dan Breen likes this.
  16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Hopefully the fact that he has had a break and no internationals back and froth from Asia either means he will be healthy and back to his best for us next season. Would be a massive boost for us if that turns out to be the case and I am pretty optimistic that he will be back to his best for us next season given the circumstances.

The_Bhoy and Taz like this.
  17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Even as a woman he's a sexy beast.

Those twitter pics :D

Dan Breen likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    As everyone has already said its his inability to put together a proper run of games thats the problem. If he could play a full season then chances are he'd be getting voted player of the year. It doesnt matter how good a player is, if he's rarely fit enough to play then its useless. I always used to say that about that Daniel Sturridge that was with Liverpool, I couldnt understand how someone could miss that much of pretty much every season and still earn a professional contract at a football club.

Rogic isnt quite as bad as Sturridge but if he keeps missing so much of every season then Lawell will punt him. The constant international breaks going to Australia and back dont do him any favours either. And that Australia manager is a bit of a * and wont use common sense and still calls him up for daft friendlies and the like. I think he needs to chuck the Australia thing if he wants to stay with us to be honest

Dan Breen and Whoflungdung like this.
  20. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    I agree with most of what you say. Rogic is the only player that we have that's got the "off the cuff" type of ability. He's very quick footed for someone as tall, much like Viduka was. The issue as others have said is his inability to find his form after being out injured. I remember he came on against the zombies in the game were Boyata went off and we were down to 10 men. He was murder and looked about 2 yards off the pace of the game. And yes the Zombie games aren't the best to come on to off the bench but he was extremely poor that day. I think with the likes of Soro, McGregor, Brown being our holding players he will have a battle to get into the one role that is his main position just off the front players. Christie scored 17 goals in 31 gamed and missed a lot of games also picking up injuries. Big Tam played only 11 games with 2 goals. Imo it's Christie's position to lose and Rogic isn't versatile enough or fit enough, never going to be a wide player, to play anywhere else. So he may be reduced to starting a lot of games from the bench something that won't help him at all.

Dan Breen likes this.