1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JC Anton, Jan 13, 2016.

Discuss Fraser Forster in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Personally I can’t see this happening given the fact the Elyounoussi deal was done easily and quick, if we don’t get an answer soon then we really need to move on.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  2. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    I think he will sign for us

3. joemc

Looks like the stalemate situation I said a while back , they want him away and off wage bill ,only way that can happen is by the big guy accepting a lower rate to terminate ,around 4.5 mill which we would take over for the 2 years he is owed leaving him down 2.5 mill over 2 years in wages .
    Other option is he sits it out for the full 7mill they owe over 2 years in the hope they pay him 2.5 severance and we take over his contract .
    Looks like both he and Southampton prepared to sit this out and see who breaks first , the pressure will come from our need to have a keeper in asap ,and why names are appearing to try and force movement imo .

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Reading Moi comments it’s certainly not a dead deal like the media said!

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic fear Fraser Forster may have lined up another summer move after the keeper took cold feet on a return to Parkhead.

Record Sport understands Scotland’s champions were hoping as of Wednesday night their one-year loan move for the 32-year-old might still be resurrected, even though it appeared to be dead in the water at breakfast time.

But they strongly suspect Forster’s head may have been turned by a long-term deal on offer elsewhere, with a number of big spending English top flight clubs in the market for experienced back-up options.

On a dramatic day of transfer twists Forster’s Southampton team mate Moi Elyounoussi was unveiled after signing on the dotted line for another season – then insisted that the Geordie does still want to join him in the quest for a historic 10 in a row.

But boss Neil Lennon remains to be convinced after Forster flip-flopped at the eleventh hour despite a deal being struck between the clubs.

It’s believed Forster’s huge £92k a week wages would have been secured in full with both clubs paying a percentage for the remainder of his contract at St Mary’s.

A source said: “It does look as if Fraser might have something else on the table as Celtic felt this deal was all but over the line. It was only after everything had been agreed that he suddenly didn’t seem so keen.

But there may still be some life in yet. It did seem to have hit a brick wall on Wednesday morning but now he’s been given a bit of time to think it over.”

Lennon has drawn up a list of alternative targets with former England No.1 Joe Hart high on the list after being freed by Burnley.

Celtic old boy David Marshall could also be an option after Wigan were tipped into administration but the talks with Hart’s representatives have already reached a fairly advanced stage.

And we understand there are at least two further potential targets in Lennon’s sights if Forster should fail to have another change of heart.

Elyounoussi, meanwhile, is refusing to give up hope on Forster joining him back at Celtic.

The attacker is clinging to belief the Forster situation may yet take another dramatic twist.

The pair spent last term together on loan from St Mary’s and the Norwegian said: “I cannot talk on Fraser’s behalf. He mentioned to me what could happen, but that’s between me and him.

All we can do is wait and see what’s going to happen, but I still hope he’s going to come back.

We know what he’s capable of, he’s an amazing goalkeeper. If it doesn’t work out then it doesn’t work out. I want the best for him as he’s a great lad as well as being a great goalkeeper.

“I’m sure it’s not easy for him because Southampton have to finish their season first before he gets a chance there or not.

He should get that chance, but you never know. Then he maybe needs to see what his options are.

“There is still plenty of time for him to come back here. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens next. It’s his decision if he wants to stay there and I’ll support him either way.

CELTIC insist they can’t be accused of penny-pinching if their move for Fraser Forster collapses.

Hoops chiefs believe they have done all they can to strike a deal with Southampton for the keeper.

But their hopes now hang by a thread after SunSport revealed that emotionally-torn Forster is poised to stay at St Mary’s.

It’s understood the deal is not totally dead but Celtic are already moving on to other targets.

Forster WOULD be happy to return to Parkhead, but not on nother loan package.

He wants a permanent contract but, with Saints playing hardball over a fee, that seems highly unlikely.

A Hoops insider revealed: “The club had agreed a season-long loan deal with Southampton with an option to buy.

“This wasn’t about money — there was also every desire to push the boat out on personal terms.

"He has an extremely lucrative contract at Southampton. Fraser had also indicated he was happy to stay at Celtic.

"But Fraser’s had a conversation with the Southampton manager and has decided to fight for his place and not to return.

“It’s a big disappointment. Fraser was magnificent last season and everyone wanted him to stay, but it’s his decision.

“Everything was done to keep him. Now, though, it’s about moving on.”

SunSport Online revealed on Tuesday night that hopes of another 12-month deal were set to be crushed following Forster’s talks with St Mary’s boss Ralph Hasenhuttl and the club hierarchy.

Saints sources, however, have told us the 32-year-old WAS prepared to stay at the Hoops if they had agreed a permanent move.

For that, though, Celtic would have had to shell out at least £5million, plus somehow agree personal terms on a three-year contract, with Forster currently on a breathtaking £90,000-plus a week.

Saints like Celts midfielder Olivier Ntcham but there’s no prospect of him being used as a makeweight.

Now Hasenhuttl has told Hexham-born Forster he will give him a fair crack of the whip to prove himself again at Saints.

Celts boss Neil Lennon desperately wants him as part of the push for ten in a row.

And even now it’s believed Lennon still hopes a deal can be done.

Lennon, who last week saw Craig Gordon leave for Hearts, could now turn to ex-Celts keeper David Marshall — whose future is up in the air after Wigan went into administration.

And ex-England No 1 Joe Hart is hoping Lennon could yet swoop.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Papers backpedaling like * yet still managing to put a negative slant on it.

Lilac Wine and Marty McFly like this.
  7. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    All because of Moi's interview earlier confirmed it was all bullshit.

8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I thought another loan deal would have suited him more. Would have still got his big Southampton wage

9. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If we can’t get him we need to be looking at a long term replacement, as much as I like Bain, we clearly need another quality keeper

10. BADGERBHOY

So he wanted a permanent move and the board wanted another loan.
    Nice job again Peter, you absolute moron.

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Don’t believe what’s in papers

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The fact the media are completely scatter gun about it shows they are * clueless.

The best source to date has been his team mate and it’s an actual quote - Moi saying big Lurch isn’t sure what’s happening yet.

In other words, let’s wait and see.

13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    True, we don't have a scubee what's being proposed, complex piece of negotiations, and could drag on, which does not suit Celtic, as we need a keeper now.
    May be worth getting Marshall in, then if we do get FF later on, punt Bain.

14. Ryanmcg84

In middle of a global pandemic, where our finances have no doubt took a massive hit like just about every other club in the world. I'm pretty sure Forster is a smart enough guy to understand why we want another years loan/loan with option to buy.

More than likely though its papers having no * clue and just making up * as they go along. This week alone they have had him signing, not signing and maybe signing and it's only * Wednesday.

15. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Bain has shown himself to be a more than capable keeper for us, so I’m personally not concerned for the league.

Of course, someone like Forster can operate at a higher level, especially in Europe.

If push comes to shove though, I think I would be inclined to put Ntcham on the table to try and tempt Southampton. I think Forster is more important than Ntcham especially in Europe. I do like Ntcham though.

The_Bhoy and Graeme1888 like this.
  16. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Ntcham is a class player and I would like to keep all our best players this season unless he wanted to himself a wouldn’t be using him as a * in any kind of deal Forster or anyone

Ryanmcg84 likes this.
  17. Ryanmcg84

It's not Southampton we need to tempt

Dan Breen likes this.
  18. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Bain is a decent keeper, but we need better.

19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Any quotes from their manager on the current status of Forster?

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

"Fraser is going back to celtic. Here we.go 10 in a row. * the huns"

Along those lines. Hard to decipher with his accent so may be wrong.