1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ads on this site

Discussion in 'Helpdesk' started by Jenksy, Jun 26, 2019.

Discuss Ads on this site in the Helpdesk area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sneekyb

Ads are ok but the annoying pop up video that never vanishes is a bit much.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Sorry to say @Celtic Mad but the ads have ruined this site mate.

Everytime I try to post on my phone the site moves and I click on an add.. And most of the time lose the content of the post.

It's frustrating as * tbh. Took me 3 attempts to post this. I type save and go in and edit not so as not to lose the content.

Marty McFly likes this.
  3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The jumping of the screen is infuriating.

I sit waiting on that big ad appearing at the top every time I change page now. When it's the puggy machine lotto type ad it's even worse.

HoopyT and JC Anton like this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I usually end up in Amazon

5. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

The betting one at the top of the screen should only appear once every 24 hours. What else is making the site move? The other ads take about a second to load on mobile, so don’t know how you’re ending up clicking the wrong button or an ad. Could you take a video of what’s happening when you post? I’m honestly having no issues whatsoever with browsing and posting on mobile or tablet.

6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This is me twice trying to click on the Wetherspoons thread

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Not sure how to make a video..

But it's only on my phone.. In midpost the site will move as you type and whatever ad is in the bottom you inadvertently click on it.. There's no way of stopping it..

8. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye I always end up on a different site when I'm on my phone. The majority of the time its OK when I'm on the laptop

9. Don Corleone

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamuraaaaaa
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Has anybody noticed that there's a Celtic forum attached to this ad depository?

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Screenshot_20200822-234657_Chrome.jpg

* are ads with Union Jacks doing on the site?

11. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
  12. Lennon1888

I don't even come on the site anymore on mobile. Only on PC with an ad blocker.

JC Anton likes this.
  13. LV426 Guest

this site would not have the need for ads if everyone/members contributed even an extra fiver from time to time, its easy to do. I get a lot of pleasure from mostly reading the posts and the odd contribution on this site and contribute a bit extra from time to time as i feel it is well worth it. you only need to have a look at the monthly contributions board to see that the site very rarely makes its target. that is why we have ads. no ads, no site. i would do away with the gold members fee and introduce a members fee of £5 per year. gold membership should be based on behaviour's and quality/volume of posts.

only an opinion and not having a dig at you mate, we are all the same, we take it for granted that it is self sustaining which is not the case.

Spring Time and JC Anton like this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye it’s just frustrating when there’s so many ads we can’t even contribute to the forum, then it’s not a forum..

For me personally I’ve happily contributed to the site for years but I know not everyone is in that position. It would be a bit elitist/Tory like to charge everyone a £5 imo.. and also if we’re going with the quality of posts the Huddle would be a sparsely populated place..:56:

No easy answers I guess, the quantity of ads seems to come and go along with disruption that brings..

LV426 likes this.
  15. LV426 Guest

your right but most of us on here will spend a fiver and not even think about it. fs i am a smoker and spend about £10 per pack. all i would ask is that the people who can do it. if like me you get a great deal of pleasure talking to like minded people(most of the time) never mind the laughs on here then it would be worth a site that was self financing that did not require the annoyance of the ads. but agree, not everyone is in that position for various reasons not least where we find ourselves at the moment with covid etc.

Onefootwonder and JC Anton like this.
  16. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    the betting one only appearing one every 24 hours would only happen if you logged on and stayed on for 24 hours CM , if you come on read a bit and log out , when you log back in the whole thing loads again .

17. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

It shouldn't matter whether you log in and out or stay logged in. I log in and out multiple times a day and it only appears once for me every 24 hours. Are you using incognito mode on your browser or a VPN? What browser do you use?

18. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I can assure you first log in , gambling one and the we respect your privacy agreement ( no problems thems the rules )
    click the stay logged in and laptop stays logged in till you log out ( especially if your going out , not leaving appliances on when out ) log back in when you return gambling ads and agreement need clicked off , however many times you log on in a day .

incognito mode I have no idea what that is .
    I do not have a VPN .
    Browser is microsoft edge .
    I dont have a phone modern enough to use nor a tablet .

19. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Could you do me a favour and try out another web browser and test it out to see if the same thing happens?

20. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    will try it tomorrow CM , wee game on tonight . ( not that keen on microsoft edge , windows 10 updated it and it is very slow )