1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mohammed Elyounoussi.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 30, 2019.

Discuss Mohammed Elyounoussi. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

This makes me happy!

Injury free, player of the year contender....sincerely mean that.

2. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Great bit of news! As @McGuire said he was just hitting top form when he picked up that injury and took him a while to get back up to speed - then lockdown!

If he stays fit the whole season then he's the kind of player that can make the difference for us in the big games. He was excellent in the betfred cup semi against Hibs in particular.

Mon Moi!

Tommy25 likes this.
  3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Great news, hope he can avoid injury.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FOLLOWING the postponement of the 2019/20 season back in early March, Mohamed Elyounoussi was inundated with positive messages from Celtic supporters.

The Hoops fans told the Norwegian internationalist how much they appreciated his contribution to the club’s nine-in-a-row success, and they also urged him to extend his stay at Paradise as the team go for 10 consecutive league titles.

And having signed a new season-long loan deal with the Scottish champions from Southampton, the 27-year-old admitted that the love from the Celtic fans was a major factor in his decision to stay with the Hoops.

“I’m very happy,” Elyounoussi told Celtic TV. “It’s a proud moment for myself and my family. We’re very happy in Glasgow. I enjoyed my first year here. I enjoy working with the coaching staff and the players, everyone at the club, so it was an easy choice really.

“Since the league stopped, I got a lot of positive messages from fans. They told me what they thought about me, and for me to take another year, and I have to say, that made the choice even easier.

“It’s hard to say no when you get so many messages and feedback – love from the fans, and obviously I will try to give something back. The fans, of course, are one of the reasons why I’m staying here another year.”

Elyounoussi made 20 appearances for Celtic and scored seven goals, helping Neil Lennon’s side win the League Cup and clinch their ninth Premiership title in a row.

The Norwegian attacker also had to deal with a frustrating injury last season, but having worked hard during the lockdown and now back in training at Lennoxtown, Elyounoussi is determined to make an even bigger contribution in the 2020/21 campaign.

“It is an interesting season ahead, and I think I can do more than what I did last season,” he admitted. “Obviously, the injury stopped everything for me, so I will try to give even more from myself this year.

“In the end, I just want to talk with my feet. Me and the boys have been working hard in the break. The physical coaches have been doing exceptional work to give us work at home, and we’ve been training well, and now that we’re back training. It’s been good and we’re looking forward for the season to start.”

Elyounoussi is well aware of just how important the forthcoming season is to the Celtic support, and he’s looking forward to the historic challenge ahead.

“It’s maybe one of the biggest seasons in the history of Celtic, so no pressure!” he said. “But we’re looking forward to it. We’ve been working really hard and I’m sure all the other teams in the league have been working hard to try to stop us. But we’re going to give everything. I hope that we can play the games with our fans as soon as possible, because with their help, hopefully we can achieve something great.

“I’m actually surprised at how good the passing drills and the touches from everyone have been, even though it’s been over two months without football, so everyone is determined and motivated to give their best.

“The winning mentality is still there, even if it is just a passing drill, or when we start playing games in training. Everyone wants to win all the time, and that’s going to help us hopefully achieve our goals.”

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  5. shaunm

Any chance it’s a loan to buy this time ha ha,clearly not in Southampton’s plans now.Happy he’s back though,hopefully an injury free season for him.

6. dmccourt95

Only Celtic could overshadow inter signing hakimi and Bayern signing sane

What a pler

7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Excellent. Think FF will be announced soon but can see Ntcham heading down as part of it.

8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Brilliant business Celtic. Fantastic. :57:

9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
  10. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Excellent stuff, stauners all around!

JC Anton likes this.
  11. annieroos83

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Happy about this. Getting him and Forster in for next season is, in my mind, half the battle won.

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

13. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Well pleased with this. If he can get an injury free run, he'll tear it up.

JC Anton likes this.
  14. DonnyCelt

Fan * daby dosy :party048:

JC Anton likes this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Get the * in!

JC Anton likes this.
  16. CFC.1

Yes, really didnt see this happening with Betis and sociedad after him. Pler n a 1/2.

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Tremendous news.

JC Anton likes this.
  20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

New Balance getting their last bit of publicity as well :giggle1: