1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryan Shved

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Maryan Shved in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I feel dirty for even half arguing from his side but he 100% was not a weasel signing.

2. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Did we not try & buy him under Ronny but he went elsewhere, shows he has been on our radar. Looks as if the boy can't handle being abroad as struggled at his last foreign club. I think it would be best for him to move on.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

3. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Rodgers came out and said he didnt even want him before he signed. That killed his celtic career stone dead before it even started. This was a total board project signing, aka a waste of money.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Maybe the board wouldn't have had to make these signings if Congerton made decent signings. I get the feeling the board were the ones who made anything with City or PSG too.

freitassen likes this.
  5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s not like either are bad players.

One hasn’t settled and one had a horrendous injury.

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He hasn’t featured so he’s no great loss.

7. Ryanmcg84

Pretty sure there was something at the time saying he'd been recommended to the club by Shevchenko. He was also apparently involved in the signing of Donati years ago too. I have no idea what the link is to Shevchenko, maybe an agent or a mutual contact but given the time difference between the Donati signing and Shved it would suggest that shved certainly wasn't identified or signed by the rat or his clueless mate

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was excited about him but he clearly can't settle abroad..

That'll be that then deffo off..

9. shaunm

Looks like he’s off,serious question though,how many wingers will we have left?All I can think of is Forrest,Johnston and wee Dembélé?

10. Foley1888

In terms of first team and close to it that is it. Frimpong could probably play RW if needed.

11. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Trust lenny on this, if its a case that he needs games then a loan would be fine but if his attitude isn't up to it then punt

12. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Will be disappointed this one hasn’t worked out for whatever hidden reason there is. Looked good the few minutes he got, was one of the top scorers in a tougher league than ours and in a team fighting relegation. And at 22 was the perfect age to go on and shine for us/make us a few £‘s in a few years.
    Would love to know what’s happened. Because it can’t be training wise, as Lenny wouldn’t of come out and said what he did in Dubai for no reason. And language isn’t an excuse to not play.

Tommy25 and Peej like this.
  13. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Lenny was asked rather than him deciding to speak about Shved wasn't he? He was hardly going to bad mouth the guy. He didn't get picked above Morgan which could be quite telling.

14. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    We then sold Morgan within a few weeks/months so don’t know what that tells us haha! Would love to know the reasons, just seems very strange. Think it shows shveds qualities that teams are after him even when he hasn’t played. Players that have been in that situation before with us we’ve had to wait til they’ve run their contracts down to offload them or cancel their contracts to get them gone. I think if it ends up being a loan that he leaves on, that basically means he’ll never play for us again anyway.

15. BathBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Here we go again
    In my opinion Rodgers didn't handle this well. A club like Celtic will always rely on income from developing players and selling then on. Not every project is going to work out, but we would be in such a good financial position were it not for the money from Wanyama Virgil, Hooper etc.
    Obviously the managers main job is to win games, but we had plenty of games where we were well ahead and he could have got on as a sub.
    But instead Rodgers just made it clear he didn't want him. Can't have done his confidence any good.
    I think there's a player in there, but it's probably too late at Celtic now unless a loan deal can revitalise him

16. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He never played under Rodgers? He immediately went back to karpaty on loan and by the time he came back in summer Lennon was installed. It was Lennon who chose to rightly or wrongly never play him. But I whole heartedly agree the importance for the club to bring through and development players and it's not just shved that we could say could have been getting more minutes over the last season

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy likes this.
  17. Maestro 08

There's a gap there for him right now if he can take it. If Elyonoussi isn't coming back and Hayes is away we are light on numbers in the wide areas. I think Lennon might assess him over this pre season before making a final decision on his future. Wouldn't say he's 100% on his way out just yet.

18. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    His dad coming out and talking about his “new club” Being revealed soon would ssuggest otherwise unfortunately

Dublin Celt likes this.
  19. Ryanmcg84

That's because the lying * had threw his toys out of the pram by that stage and had long since stopped acting professionally.

What kind of a manager comes out with pish like that against his own board.

Absolute *

The_Bhoy likes this.
  20. Ryanmcg84

Found this post interesting regarding Shved. Is it maybe just another case of us been taking in by a well edited YouTube video and maybe he's just no very good.

Attached Files: