1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday/Travels Thread

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by H67, Jul 8, 2012.

Discuss Holiday/Travels Thread in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Yeah I am pretty sure I will book up mate. That is if there is an America left this time next year with that * lunatic in charge :56:

bagforlife likes this.
  2. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I've not been since the 50th anniversary so looking forward to it. Will be doing some things different this time. Definitely not going to the dance as it's *. Will be going to the green night & getting a Gazebo for the pool party.

That's the problem with booking up & if it goes * up, trying to get money back. You going through Stewart travel again?

3. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Aye I never went to the Dance the last time. Wish I * had though with what I lost playing roulette instead.

Aye I think so mate. My mate is organising it and he likes to do it through them. Although the last time we went ( was when Griffiths scored those goals v England) four of us booked through them and my mate Doc booked his own and he ended up paying about half what we did and then just bought the tickets for the events separately. Though with Stewart you can get booked up and obviously just pay so much each month which is why he likes it which is fair enough.

4. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Ay that was the 50th anniversary one. The Scotland game was my last day.

5. Paul McAuley

Got an email saying Holiday will go ahead 7th of July Majorca. Am hoping the social distancing don’t * the holiday up. Only really caring about the all inclusive and the pool. If they limit the kids to x amount of time in the pool what do they expect them to do all day? Sit and bake in the sun and nip ma heid? Also if the pool side bar is closed that’s a holiday breaker for me. Anybody who is out there, going out there before me or has any knowledge of this please advise.

6. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Concert in Frankfurt has been changed to September 2021 so can now go to it. :84:

Marie likes this.
  7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    good Paul I didn’t notice the weans passport was due to expire until 5 weeks ago been sitting at Glasgow “processing” since then. The mates maw works for DwP and said all passport staff are working there processing UC claims so don’t know if it will come in time now got 5 weeks!

8. Paul McAuley

Am in the same boat The mrs sent away for two passports for her kids and so far we’ve only got one. If it comes to it we’ll just go with ma kids and book October with just hers. Where did yours go? If it helps Peterborough was rapid, done in 3 weeks but Durham is taking ages been waiting 6 weeks still stuck at processing. Not holding my breath I’ll get it in the next 2 weeks.

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Glasgow for me mate

10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Got my first installment of refund, expect the other 2 to follow. Not them being arsey about installments its because the way I paid it.

Ive not had to contact them once, they did it through text.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So we update.

Original holiday was cancelled yesterday so Jet2holidays asked if we wanted a refund or to re-arrange so we had paid £4,140 for all of us 10 night half board, Castilla hotel.

we rearranged

11 nights half board, melia Benidorm, upgrade to private transfer, inflight meals there and back and £250 refund!

wee man passport approved tonight so just waiting on the airbridge now. Benidorm voted to be one of the safest destinations in the Mediterranean by an independent group. 3 covid cases and zero deaths since 16th March.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    charlietully likes this.
  12. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This is not a criticism of anyone. (except Sevconiams).

I understand people could be set to lose thousands of pounds if they don’t go on holiday after the governments have loosely agreed to lift travel restrictions in various countries. I get it. I appreciate that some families book a year in advance whilst normally, unless it’s for a gig on foreign soil, I book stuff a month or so in advance.

I also understand that after months of frustration some folks will want to get the heck out of here for a while.

However, I honestly can’t see myself sitting in an aluminium tube full of farting clat bags in flip flops with tattoos covering their stretch marks for a considerable period of time. I can’t see how you could preserve ones own sanitised space with some of the cretins that make their way on to aircraft. These are the types that can’t follow arrows on a * supermarket floor.

Imagine having to use a bathroom on a plane that Big Sammy in his Sevco top has just shat in and not washed his hands?

Whole families in football strips piling on without giving a * about their own health let alone others.

Right now I’m happy to have as little close proximity physical interaction with members of the human race as is feasibly possible. I don’t trust them. Especially those wearing dart player sized Sevco strips.

TheHappyLoss and Marie like this.
  13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    @blackfish i get what you are saying but there wouldn’t be any air bridges if it wasn’t safe.

airlines are being very strict.

planes loaded back to front.
    Must ask to go to toilet.
    Air filtration system same as used in hospitals.
    Trays and other hard surfaces deep cleaned by a micro biocide that lasts 30 days on surfaces killing 99.99% germs that are left on them.
    Masks are compulsory.

But I get your point

14. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    yeah I get that the airlines, hotels, bars, restaurants will all be as safe as they can be.

it’s the other people I don’t trust

I hope you have a fantastic holiday and please stay safe.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  15. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Usually I’m away on a holiday every few months. Won’t be going anywhere abroad this year. Too much risk still. We are in the middle of a pandemic. Some people think it’s over, a lot of people not following any sort of guidelines. A week in the sun isn’t worth weeks in hospital in my eyes.

Marie likes this.
  16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

From a personal POV I just don’t think going abroad would be any sort of holiday just now.

You go on holiday to relax - instead you’d be paying a fortune to be worried about catching something wearing a face mask in 35 degree heat.

Marie and StPauli1916 like this.
  17. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    3 months of lockdown and then 2 weeks in the likes of benidorm ... tough to know what would be worse tbh :giggle1:

Marie likes this.
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    3 months of lockdown 100%

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Benidorm cases 3 since 1st March and zero deaths.

been out of lockdown a month no cases - obviously no tourists

need to see what happens it’s all about personal options and opinions, yes we are still in a pandemic but it’s another month down the line before I go could be better or could be worse and will be prevented by the FCO.

but I was losing £4000 if I didn’t go, doctor wasn’t giving me a exemption note, insurance was saying it was a “disinclination to travel” as the FCO will say it is safe, jet 2 where offering me an alternative return date and because of that they wouldn’t cancel holiday.

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No need to wear masks in the pool area or on the beaches only need to wear a mask on public transport or where 1.5m cannot be achievable