1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Ak1

Cooked his goose now I reckon.

Big contrast to the dignity shown by Hayes and Lustig when they left us

2. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

"But with that said, that now leaves the door open for everybody else to make an offer.

What a big ego *. I hope you end up down in the championship with auld budge deferring yer wages ya * dud!

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Hope Griff smashes his missus again..

4. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

What an odious disrespectful *.

A goalie who never learned to kick a ball out properly, at the end of his career and moaning about the offer he received.

He shouldn't even have got an offer. Bain is just fine as a back up, for that's all he would have been anyway.

cidermaster and gazb1888 like this.
  5. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    St Mirren have * him off now and have singed up that Hun reject.

Peej likes this.
  6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He’s a jobby.

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye? Good of true!

Apparently they offered the * a good offer, and we are well short of his own valuation of him.
    Find it hard to believe that at mittens average wage of £900 a week was better than we offered the *, if we ever did.
    Big difference between "talked about it" and actually making an offer.

But after the last two weeks he can certainly * off twice over now.

He's a lazy greedy *.

Like Strachan, I honestly don't care that he has a boyhood club that isn't Celtic. Griffith's I love and his boyhood club is hibs. It makes no difference, but while you are here you need to at least give it your all and be talking us up, * couldn't shut the * up about hearts for 6 years while here.

Hope he signs for hearts, hope he doesn't kick a ball till October.
    Hope he punts the ball out and pulls a muscle or something with his first touch.
    Hope that ends his * career.
    Hope that's the only keeper hearts have.
    Hope hearts then get relegated again.

Gordon, budge, hearts all * suited to each other the self loathing *.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

8. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Yep, total lack of professionalism shown which is probably why he'll end up going to hearts. Perfect for each other.

cidermaster likes this.
  9. Ryanmcg84

Seen it reported we offered him 1/3 of his £18k wage. Willing to bet that the offer from us will be double what he would get from Hearts. So he's gonna take £3k a week bcoz our offer of £6k isn't good enough. So basically he's saying he just wants more money from us bcoz we're a richer club and can afford it. Get him to *. *

Peej likes this.
  10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It was 20% of his wage we offered him he confirmed it tonight so he was going from £18k a week to £3,600 a week

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Should count his self lucky. That new 2 year deal would've seen him through to his pension..

Blochairnbhoy and Peej like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CRAIG GORDON has confirmed his contract talks with Celtic have stalled - revealing the drop in money on the table is ENORMOUS.

SunSport revealed how the Celts Invincibles keeper was no further forward in signings discussions with Parkhead chiefs.

It’s understood Celts’ first offer was an 80 PER CENT cut on his previous deal.

And with former club Hearts now in the race to snap up the 37- year-old, Gordon is planning to take time to consider his future.

Asked in a radio interview if the offer made to him was significantly less than his last contract, Gordon said: “It was absolutely enormous.

“So there wasn’t much chance of that being a possibility of a deal.

“It was a long way short of what I was expecting from them. And that’s what I told them.

“As yet they’ve not come back with anything else so it’s up to them still to come back.

“I said that a few weeks ago and it was in the press in Scotland, that they could come back with a better deal.

“I said I’d still be willing to listen and absolutely nothing has changed since then.”

Gordon has been left gutted with the way Celtic have handled talks.

He added: “The negotiations haven’t been particularly good, I’ve got to be honest.

It has dragged out and I feel it could have been handled an awful lot better.

“I don’t want to say too much on that.

“I had fantastic time there over the six years and still want to be able to speak to them and see what they have to offer and what they’re thinking my role would be next season if they want me to stay there.

“So there is still a little bit more chat to be had there to see exactly what they’re looking for.

But yes, I would have liked things to have been sorted out before now with them.

“With that said, that then leaves the door open for everybody else to make an offer.”

As SunSport revealed, Gordon is now considering a return to first club Hearts.

He’s been offered a two-year contract - with the possibility of a further 12 month extension.

Gordon is also prepared to play in the Championship if the Jambos fail to overturn their relegation.

In an interview with talkSPORT, he confirmed: “There are teams in Scotland I have been speaking to.

“If you’ve been reading the press in Scotland that’s been widely talked about that I am in talks with Hearts so we will see what happens on all those fronts.

“I am in no rush to make my decision just yet.

“Hearts is Hearts, it’s such a huge club.

“That was my boyhood club and they mean so much to me.

t doesn’t matter what league Hearts are in. Hearts are still a huge club.

“You look at what they’re doing off the field with the amount of season tickets they’ve sold already, it’s huge compared to a vast number of teams in Scotland.

“They’re still going to be a massive club regardless of what division they’re in. So that doesn’t come into play too much.

“Everything that goes on will all go into my decision, what division teams are in, how many games are played, it’s all things I’m going to consider in the next few weeks.”

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    St mirren average wage is £900 a week.
    How he can claim they offered a good deal and ours is far from his expectation is beyond me.

Considering he will be getting paid £4k approx to sit on his * for a year as well.

If he wants to pretend it's about game time,then he shouldn't be entertaining Celtic at all.

As Ryan said above, clearly assumes we should offer more just because.
    * him.

I've honestly never disliked a Celtic player as much as this guy.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

14. Sgt Neppers*

He can * off to Hearts. We save 18k a week which goes to big Fraz, keep Bain as back up and promote from youths. Sorted.

15. Ryanmcg84

I'm guessing when he says St mirren and hearts have made good offers he's meaning relitively for clubs their size. So he'd be happy with say £1000/week at St mirten or £2000/week at hearts but not £3600 at Celtic simply bcoz we have more money. Pretty * up logic that. Our offer seems pretty fair considering his £18k/week deal was offered when he was Celtic and Scotland number 1 and being chased by Chelsea. He's now an over the hill 3rd choice keeper so £4k/week seems pretty reasonable.

Still annoyed that we even offered anything but for once him acting like a * seems to be going to us a favour as I highly doubt that offer will be there in the morning.

littlekennie and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  16. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

When he signed his last deal he was 35, 1st choice and Chelsea were hovering about.

He's now 37 and 3rd choice.

20% of his previous wage is probably still £4k or £5k a week which is far more than St Mirren or Hearts can pay.

Off you pop son.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Yer excess baggage son, now GTF ! :67: :58:

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

A wonderful servant to club playing his part in history.

A true hero.
    :fear:

20. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Unexpected item in the penalty area

Peej and The Prof like this.