1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

real question would anyone take wee paddy back over jamsey now.... wouldn't even have been close 4 years ago

2. Crilly

He’ll be facing off against his younger brother Alan when we play Livingston In the coming season

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Have we just give that lad his first pro contract?

5. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56: He looks like a wean there!

The_Bhoy likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

We have aye.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I was thinking the same myself. It was like a photo from back in the day when he first broke into the first team. Couple of big milestones coming up for Forrest in the new season. He only needs 5 more appearances to clock up 400 games in the hoops and 12 more goals to make the 100 goal club at Celtic.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  9. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Sure I saw some stats a few months back about his goals and assists together being within our top 5 to do so many. Not sure how legit it was tho

10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He really has come to the fore in the past few seasons in terms of how many goals and assists he contributes to the team. Beyond that though he scores goals in big games so consistently and that is always a sign of a really top player. Getting it done when it matters most.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  11. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Totally. Would love to see him stay his whole career. Think that year we avoided him going down to Tottenham was pivotal for us and don’t think he always gets the love he should do. If he was a signing with an exotic name it’d be a different story! Haha

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye if he took a megaphone he'd have worshippers everywhere. Alas the past megaphone * * off at the first sniff of money. James is criminally under appreciated by our support.

13. Foley1888

I agree with this as well, I think also the length of time James has been with the club and the fact earlier in his career he had spells of frustrating form.

He was brilliant when he first came through then had a spell where he didn’t always look interested and flattered to deceive to the point when he was looking like going when Rodgers came in it was a surprise when he signed a new deal but he has really gone from strength to strength from then. His output in terms of goals and assists has been excellent the last 4 years. Throw in some big goals as well.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  14. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Agreed and think there is a good chance that he will follow Brown's path and stay with us. Don't get any feeling that he is itching to make a move. Agree with you too that he is underappreciated as a player and then you add in how loyal he has been to us and it is even worse.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  15. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Most productive player we have imo. Certainly in terms of goals and assists. Incredibly underappreciated. Certainly in tbe block I'm in. Roaster along from me hammers him all the time but shoots his load when Hayes comes off the bench.

Crilly and The_Bhoy like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’d say he does get the recognition he deserves these days, but when Deila was here there were a lot of people frustrated by his play.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    I'll admit back in the Deila days , he drove me mad always clocked him fixing his hair and more so always pulling his socks up after he or we lost the ball always drove me mad and was more aware of ot

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

JAMES Forrest is celebrating his 29th birthday today (July 7), and everyone at Celtic wishes James a very happy birthday!

Since Neil Lennon gave him his first-team debut back in May 2010, Forrest has gone to become an integral part of the club’s success over the past 10 years, and along with Scott Brown, has won every one of the nine-in-a-row titles. Now he and his team-mates have their sights set on a historic 10th consecutive title, and the squad are in the midst of their pre-season preparations ahead of the opening league match of the 2020/21 campaign – a home game against Hamilton Accies on Sunday, August 2.

Forrest is now just five appearances away from 400 games for Celtic, while he is currently on 88 career goals. Twelve more goals in the season ahead would see him become only the 30th player in Celtic’s history to hit at least a century of goals for the club.

His haul of honours also makes for impressive reading – nine league titles, five Scottish Cups and five League Cups.

Speaking to the Celtic View, James Forrest said: “It’s been a crazy journey for me. There have been so many memories, cups, league titles, games in the Champions League – there have been so many highs. When you win stuff, once you get a taste of it, you want more.

“What the club has done in the last 10 years is amazing and it’s great to be a part of it. Celtic is massive on its Academy side. They’re always bringing good players through, and it’s good that players get their chance in the first-team as well. It’s great to have players who have been through the ranks and know what the club is all about.

“Every year with Celtic there is always pressure right from the start of the season. We’re always expected to be challenging for the title and the cups. For us, this season coming won’t be any different!”

Ever modest, Forrest always prefers to do his talking on the park, although he was fulsome in his praise of fellow nine-in-a-row stalwart and club captain, Scott Brown.

“When you’ve got Broony there, he’s non-stop every day in training,” said Forrest. “He’s constant and I think that rubs off on the Scottish guys and the foreign guys, and that’s great to have. Anyone you speak to – whether they’re here or have left or just arrived – will tell you how important Broony is here as a captain.

“When new guys come in, they maybe don’t realise how important he is until they’re in there in the changing room and playing with him. Right from the first trophy until now, I still think the same. He’s kept his standards up so high and that’s full credit to him. That’s helped the club massively.”

Rydo1888* and tarboltontim like this.