1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mohammed Elyounoussi.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 30, 2019.

Discuss Mohammed Elyounoussi. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    EPL teams need to register a squad and they aren't in their squad so can't play for them this season.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  2. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Language barrier hasn’t seemed to matter when he has played the few amounts of minutes so can’t see why he isn’t playing.
    Not comparing the twos quality haha but Naka couldn’t speak any English, even had a translator about constantly; that didn’t matter for him so shouldn’t for shved getting a game

Lilac Wine likes this.
  3. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

He cut it off mate.

4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just watching the Lazio highlights again

That pass to Jamesy for the equaliser. Beauty.

He showed that a good few times. Would love him back

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, no getting my hopes up.. But I guess with the uncertainty around the game just now we could get another loan deal.

We won't be paying £10m+ unless we send one of our best assets the other way.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He showed his level towards the end of that game as well. Was cool and kept cleverly winning throw ins and running down the clock brilliantly..

Top player..

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Nakamura could speak English. Loads of our players have said it. He just chose to pretend he couldn’t so he’d get peace. :giggle1:

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Southampton winger Mohamed Elyounoussi has told friends he is keen on re-signing for Celtic, Football Insider understands.

The 25-year-old spent the 2019-20 season on loan at Parkhead and made a big early impact before suffering a foot injury.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Elyounoussi is open to a transfer this summer as he does not want to be on the fringes at St Mary’s Stadium.

He would be open to joining Celtic full-time although his £60,000-a-week Saints wages represent a major hurdle for the Scottish giants.

Neil Lennon is a big admirer of Elyounoussi and is keen to take him back but the manager’s priority is tying up a permanent deal or new loan for Fraser Forster, another 2019-20 Hoops star on Southampton’s books.

As revealed by Football Insider, Celtic face competition for Elyounoussi from Real Sociedad.

The La Liga high flyers are keeping close tabs on the Norway international winger as Southampton prepare to listen to offers for him.

The Premier League club have previously told Celtic it would take £8-10million to land the winger permanently.

However, that was before the Covid-19 pandemic turned football’s finances upside down and both his suitors may press for a cheaper deal.

There are set to be extensive negotiations this summer between Celtic and Southampton over multiple deals, including Fraser Forster and Olivier Ntcham.

Elyounoussi ended his loan spell at Parkhead in the official SPFL team of the season, with his outstanding early efforts – seven goals and six assists in 15 games before November – enough to seal the left-wing slot.

9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

I would like to think we would be more than willing for around the £5-6m mark. His stock is worth that at least. Sounds like he’d be a happy bhoy for this to happen. I do agree big Forster is our main priority as we are more comfortable going forward and using space with him between the sticks. If Elyounoussi takes a fair wage cut then why not.

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Football insider =pish

11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Like yourself I won't get my hoes up but I would be delighted if he could sign Elyounoussi even if it was just another 1 year loan deal.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  12. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

The wages will be mental another year loan would be good

Dan Breen and The_Bhoy like this.
  13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Like yourself I won't get my hopes up but I would be delighted if he could sign Elyounoussi even if it was just another 1 year loan deal.

JC Anton likes this.
  14. Jeremie Frimpong

G's up, hoes down... :grntongue

eire4 likes this.
  15. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    While you mother..... Bounce to this

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  16. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I know that, but he still didn’t speak much in general they’ve all said :giggle1: either way that didn’t affect him playing so don’t see why it should ever affect shveds quality

17. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Elyounoussi is worth way more than that. Southampton bought him for 16 and he’s still probably worth around that fee. If he was our player and we were tryna sell him we’d be asking for that. If we’ve put a price tag of 25 on ajer then elyounoussi is not a 5/6 mil player. Can see us maybe doing a straight swap with ntcham. Not sure about the wages tho, moi is 26 and can easy get 60k wages elsewhere in Spain, France Germany or England. Don’t see why he’d take a wage cut to play with us

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Different people are affected in different ways by language barriers.

19. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    How’s that relevant to my original point tho? The few minutes we have seen of shved he’s looked like he’s got the quality....my point was language barriers don’t really matter if the player is still performing during the 90 minutes? So Lenny talking about this as the issue for him not getting any game time hardly makes too much sense...hence why I noted nakamura language comparison. There’s many that have played for us before, and played well that couldn’t speak English well

20. nudge1086 Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke,Lubo,Petrov,lambo,Hooper,Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Would be great to get him on a permanent deal with Fraser Forster or another loan with an option to buy. He could go back to Southampton and earn more in wages to play through another relegation battle for a * team or he could earn about £30k a week playing for a team going for ten in a row and hoping for a decent run in Europe.

I know which sounds more appealing and even if he saw it as a 2-3 year deal it would be a better platform for him to end up at a better team surely?

Tommy25 and The_Bhoy like this.