1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday/Travels Thread

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by H67, Jul 8, 2012.

Discuss Holiday/Travels Thread in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    They will, but will it be to countries they want to go to?
    Also, with reduced time to take holidays, not all staff will be able to take 2weeks back to back etc.

Hoping most/all get their money back or value of the holiday back etc, but I see a lot of win for the holiday companies out of this.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yeah that’s the thing holidays are still accruing for people on furlough and working from home.

think most will go anywhere they can where the R rate is low tbh.

most of the guys in my workplace have holidays booked end July to end September and the general consensus is they are going as long as the quarantine is lifted.

One of the guys was meant to go out 2nd July with jet2 booked it few weeks ago when they announced travel from 1st July now has had to knock it back to the 30th august but ragin they took his money, imo to book it for start of July while still in lockdown was a error and he deserves a boot in balls for it!

Peej likes this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    @DamianWayneCSC one of the father in laws pals was meant to get away with Tui last week and they phoned to say “we will offer you £100 per person to delay to 2021” he said aye that’s fine same two weeks next year then “that’s an additional £600 please” told them get the * money back :56:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    buchanbhoy likes this.
  4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That's shocking!
    And a sign of what's to come.

Tax payers will pay more to cover the furlough stuff, and companies will charge more to cover their losses during the last few months.
    £600 inflation on the same holiday, to the same place, same date, same airline etc...shocking!

And as per usual, we will never see those prices go back down again.

Average Joe public is going to be * after all of this, while big companies find ways to recoup any losses they made - again they will do fine (big companies who survived,) while the little guy keeps on paying for this.

As for the guy who booked a holiday for start of July, more fool him. Daft * ha.

I had intentions of a September/October holiday this year, this was an idea pre-covid.
    But to be honest, I probably won't bother now.
    Im not financially invested at this stage and I'm not sure personally how much I want to spend a holiday abiding by any restrictions (fine doing it at home and work, but not holiday).
    All depends of course on how this continues to unfold.

Couple trips next year will need to do. But by * they better not be charging £100s more for a package holiday.

We hear sob stories from these companies all the time lately, but we all know they will recoup their losses, but their staff and the public are the ones having to go without just now, and won't ever recoup what they lost.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

Maestro 08 likes this.
  5. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Our trip to Cyprus is cancelled at start of July.

Jet2 will be in contact they say, so will await their call and ask for a refund.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    They will try and offer you a voucher mate or a holiday within 60 days according to the guy in my work and do everything before they offer you a refund. Let us know how ye get on!

dbhoy72 likes this.
  7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yeah will do.

Tbh I've heard they've been OK, one of the girls in the work got refunded pretty quickly, they did try the first 2 but she opted for refund.

8. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Renting a VW California campervan mid July and going camping in Switzerland for 2 weeks with the family - local camping & outdoor activities will likely continue to be a popular holiday solution

Idioteque likes this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye we are with them aswell but for end of July if that needs cancelled we will go end august but no later I will just ask for a refund tbh but it will be down to the science also need to take heid of the advice tbh

10. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Playa del carmen, Mexico booked for honeymoon in March next year, fingers crossed

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  11. TimFloyd Gold Member

Yeah the Chinese makes up for 38% of tourist there I'm sure.

I'm afraid you are probably right, the issue for me is the UK two week quarantine as I work abroad so have to sit in the UK for two weeks before anything.

Maybe wait till August and fly from Sweden (which might present other issues)

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Right here we go....

so the servigroup hotels in Benidorm are only opening 2 of their 9 hotels the Torre Dorada and the Diplomatic.

I am meant to be staying at the Castilla and it is not going to reopen so the servigroup customer service team have came back to me to confirm in writing after I contacted them as I got told his off an ex-pat living there yesterday.

so we spent 95 minutes on hold to Jet2holidays yesterday then they answered when my mrs started saying well I have this email confirming the hotel won’t open to 2021 the wee lassie said “give me a moment” then just hung up on her!

So she has got a hold of them again this morning and they have said

“your flight and holiday is going ahead but if the hotel is closed we will allocate you a new one!”

“allocate” will you * was my response and either I want to pick a hotel at no extra cost (and within reason) or just give us our money back!

so they are going to phone us back in 2 weeks :56:

13. Paul McAuley

Still stuck in Limbo man. Meant to go on the 7th of July.Ryanair cancelled all flights until the morra but it’s likely to be extended because the governments no fly policy. I totally understand Micheal O’Learys frustrations. The country who mismanaged the pandemic the most still has these restrictions. I don’t get it. Fs Spain’s safer than here.

I don’t mind changing the holiday to August or September but I’m seriously apprehensive about getting a refund fast enough. Booked thru on the beach and the hotel part looks like it’s refunded quick but Ryanair saying 3months. I don’t mind booking the flights with Ryanair for the next holiday but how simple will it be. Will they just accept it’s the same airline and automatically put the refund towards that or will I have to pay the flights again and wait. * ma biggest fear is having to phone OTB and Ryanair. It’s giving me the fear.

14. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    EasyJet has some cracking deals for September but will it happen ?
    What a dilemma as we all need a break before we go even crazier .

15. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    See that that president Macron's over for a visit with bojo, wonder if they asked him to quarantine for 2 weeks ?.
    Anyone else coming from France has to.

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Got to agree with @Paul McAuley spain looks ultra safe especially the south and the Balearics.

signed up to Round Town News in Benidorm and they have confined 3 cases and zero deaths the full time since March to last week!

seen the beaches, cafes and restaurants all behaving and accepting the social distancing, app to book your spot etc only issue we now have is our hotel is shut and Jet2 haven’t been told yet apparently and we need to wait on a special team to calls us to avoid having to pay fees even though we have an email from the hotel which we have sent to jet 2 confirming they won’t be open!

Paul McAuley and Peej like this.
  17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah everything I am seeing in Spain and Salou etc is pointing to things being back to "normal"
    Most the bars and restaurants I go to see all advertising being fully open come next week and geeing up for the season now.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Paul McAuley likes this.
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yeah mate 100% agree

19. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Joe has just text to say the dates are set for June 6th for the Vegas 10 in a row party. I said i will go go and probably still will but the whole Coronavirus thing just doesn't seem to have entered into Joe's thinking at all:giggle1:

At the minute they are opening Vegas with no pool parties or buffets etc. If I go to Vegas I want the whole deal.

Cena likes this.
  20. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm booking up again. :50: Not a big fan of Vegas but enjoyed the convention.
    Going with a couple of people that have been plenty of times this time so might enjoy Vegas more.