1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aaron Hickey

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CountyDownFaithful, Jan 19, 2020.

Discuss Aaron Hickey in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I think that's quiet unfair on hickey, he's months older that the prodigal son dembele yet has played over a full season more of * spl football, he's played more spl football than Tierney at that age albeit at a much weaker team. I don't agree with stockpiling either but the real main offenders in stockpiling dross has been buying older so called established foreign players in shved boli or bayo and hopefully klimala and soro don't join that list

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

2. made in ireland

Fair enough, but I don’t think that I am being unfair. And for every Bayo or Boli there’s a Lewis Morgan, Jack Hendry or a Taylor.

In my view, after the club winning 9 domestic championships in a row (and please * a 10th next season), we should be looking to make strides in Europe. That’s the next logical target in my opinion. And I don’t think that you achieve that by stockpiling average players from poor Scottish clubs.

I think we need to show a lot more ambition than looking to have an SPFL select side, or taking punts on players because they’re “Scottish”, “young” and “try hard”.

KennyBhoy87 and Dublin Celt like this.
  3. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think Hickey has more in his locker than being a young, Scot who tries hard. If ye don't fancy him that's fair enough but he's definitely talented.

4. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I fully agree with you we shouldn't be buying mediocre players from other spl clubs, I just don't see this guy as shankland dykes or McKenna I genuinely believe he has it all to be the real deal .

Fully87 likes this.
  5. murphy88

I agree with you regarding Hickey, I wouldn't sign him either.

However, not signing John McGinn was a massive mistake. That was Scott Brown's future replacement and a headache taken care of. Incredible how much we arsed about with the deal. Shocking from our board in fact.

Dan Breen likes this.
  6. Aidan O’Shea

His views on the Arab-Israeli conflict are antiquated, at best. That said, I think there’s a player there.

Paradise88, Fully87 and Lilac Wine like this.
  7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I don't really understand how so many think he doesn't have the potential to be a good player there is no player in our current squad who had played so much senior football by 18, ye he could turn out to be trash, but we cant even compare him to the vast majority of our squad because they weren't in the first team at 17/18. He's technically good, has a range of passing with both feet and has the attributes to be physically strong and quick for a full back, he also has shown a great attitude and determination and a level of professionalism and he's a Tim available at most likely a very generous fee.

8. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

There's a reason he was playing first team football at 16. I'd be happy to sign him.

MickeyyMack and Crilly like this.
  9. Jeremie Frimpong

Fraser, Robertson, and McGinn reportedly moved to English clubs for a combined total of around £6.5m. Would you turn your nose up at those three now?

We also signed Armstrong and Christie at a similar stage in their careers from smaller Scottish clubs; Griffiths made his name at Hibernian.

There is value to be found in Scottish football.

Fully87, JC Anton, Pearse67* and 4 others like this.
  10. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    He was drafted into a Scottish Cup final at 16 and he was heart’s best player, says a lot for the boys mentality, a lot of players would have frozen in such a big occasion

Bob Loblaw and Crilly like this.
  11. murphy88

The main reason he was playing at 16 is down to the fact that Hearts are stinking and Hearts have limited options. The other young boy Cochrane got the chance for the same reason and folk were slabbering about him as well and he has vanished now.

made in ireland likes this.
  12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Any player who at the age of 16 plays top flight football is worth a look at.

Crilly likes this.
  13. murphy88

Worth looking at, perhaps. Worth signing, not always the case. Jack Aitchison was scoring for us aged 16 and he has not really had a sniff, and I highly doubt he ever will.

made in ireland likes this.
  14. Pearse67*

he didnt write worth signing, he wrote worth looking at which he warrants!

15. murphy88

I didn't say he had. That is just my take on it because plenty of others have said they would want Hickey. Should also be pointed out that Hickey has been part of the second worst defence in the league this season.

He has perhaps looked half decent because Hearts have had to do a lot of defending. I think that happens with goalkeepers a lot as well. Like Pickford at Sunderland. He made a lot saves as Sunderland were * and getting battered, but also conceded a lot. He has went to Everton and he hasn't looked very good at all.

16. Pearse67*

cant judge one player on anothers success Or errors, he is young and talented, deserves a go i think.

17. murphy88

I'm not. I was using it as example of a player or goalkeeper in this instance who looked good because of how much work he was having to do in games due to the team he played with, but has been found out now in a better team. In my opinion, it would be the same with Hickey, although I don't think he has looked anything special even with Hearts, some think differently.

18. Jeremie Frimpong

Serie A club Bologna lead the race to sign Hearts' £1.5m-rated left-back Aaron Hickey, but Aston Villa have also joined the others interested in the 18-year-old, along with Bayern Munich. (Sunday Mail)

We need to bring him in now, I feel, while he is still attainable. £1.5m is nothing.

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Wouldn't give budge the money.
    I like hickey and would like him back at Celtic, but not to line that * and her clubs pocket.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

Dan Breen and Tommy25 like this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Serie A side Bologna want to sign Hearts kid Aaron Hickey.

The Italians are the latest big club to register an interest in the £1.5million-rated full back. MailSport can reveal that Premier League side Aston Villa are now also in the race for Hickey, alongside the likes of Bayern Munich.

But Bologna lead the race and are expected to contact the Tynecastle hierarchy this week.

Sinisa Mihajlovic’s side are currently 12th in Serie A as it heads to a conclusion.

MailSport understands that Bologna are keen for Hickey to be part of their first-team squad immediately, which makes the move appealing to the 18-year-old.

After racking up 33 games for Hearts already, he’s not interested in moving to a club where he won’t play games.

Robbie Neilson is desperate to keep him in maroon but with Hearts now playing in the Championship it’s likely that his future lies elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.