1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"#RoadTo10"

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by bobd1888, Jun 12, 2020.

Discuss "#RoadTo10" in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bobd1888

It might just be the importance of this coming season getting to me, and I don't even know if anybody else has actually picked up on it..

But we seem to be doing a lot of looking beyond the next game (whenever that is) with the whole #RoadTo10 thing and Broony, Lennon and the clubs media team actively pushing it. It just seems like the complete opposite to the way we've went about our business over the last decade.

One thing I like about the club is that we never get "too excited" and put our foot in it, like other teams have done in the past, we sit back and let the talking happen where it needs to.

Reading too much into it?

2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That's a fair point mate, it's not something I've picked up on myself from Lenny or the players.

Granted, I haven't seen much media stuff to comment.

Once the games start I'm sure the narrative will be the usual "one game at a time". The fans, blogs, fanzines might be a different story, been singing HWGTIAR for * knows how long now and I always have a slight wince inside whilst still shouting it myself :56:

Edit - OK, just seen it now on the club twitter n that. Yeah, I'm not really a fan of that tbh

3. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Haven't been following the media either. I don't like the sound of this and can only hope it's a side effect of the pandemic boredom and as said it'll all be back to normal once the season gets under way. I want us to be confident but keep it cool.

Rydo1888* and strike twice like this.
  4. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    There is no escaping the magnitude ofthis season, so there may be little point in denying it. However, I think the pressure is actually on Sevco to prevent what would be a complete catastrophe for them rather than us having to rank up the heat on ourselves...

Lilac Wine likes this.
  5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Looks like they want it to be a thing. It's a no from me and I prefer not to see that, but I can see why people would lap it up.

Screenshot_20200612_164421.jpg Screenshot_20200612_164408.jpg Screenshot_20200612_164354.jpg

6. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Definitely not liking the pressure that might come with that

7. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Totally agree. Nothing to gain from it aside from the club trying to goad more fans into buying STs. Would rather keep things low key and do our talking on the pitch.

8. strike twice

This is not characteristic of Celtic , to start hyping things up like that tweet is doing . But it is probably tied in with the club trying their best to bounce season ticket holders into parting with their cash , even although there are questions over exactly what benefits can be had if games are behind closed doors . Has it not been a well used phrase by Celtic players , over the last few years , that we do our talking on the pitch ?

Lilac Wine and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    There is one thing this celtic team can handle extremely well and that’s pressure!

Lilac Wine likes this.
  10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

This is exactly the time to be talking about aiming for the 10. It wasn’t at 6 or 7 when the crowd was all screaming and singing for it but we’ve now achieved 9 and that is the ultimate aim of this upcoming season. Everything is geared towards it.

As Lambo said on Open Goal, the Huns have all the pressure as potentially being the team that lost 10 leagues in a row same way our squad under Jansen had. We have a squad of winners with packed medal displays at home through relentless winning season in and season out.

11. Aidan O’Shea

Shouldn’t be doing that. Just go out and play football and rip the * out of it if and when we actually win the 10.

Pride comes before a fall and that kind of thing just gives even more motivation to people wanting us to fail.

12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Valid points, well made.

I suppose on reflection, it's no different to stating "the road to retaining the title" etc. which is cool and sits fine with me. Weirdly, I'm still not totally comfortable with it all nonetheless :giggle1:

#roadtothequietlyconfidentletsbatterahcunt10inafuckinrowherewegomonahoops

:lenny1:

Rydo1888* and Seán Mac D like this.