1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Looks like we offered him his worth.

Which is the square root of * all.

Listening talk up st Mirren and their "offer" is just classic Gordon.

Just * off and don't darken our door again with your self promotional *, you gangly * nugget.

2. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Guy is a * leech, just part ways with the gormless *.

Crilly likes this.
  3. Ak1

Some of the comments on here recently??

Without question Gordon made errors and was found wanting on a number of occasions, (Inter Milan at home anyone!) but it shouldn't be overlooked he was also a major part of the double treble, the invincible season and now has 5 or 6 League title medals in his collection.

Like many others. I believe there are a number of other keepers who have better qualities, and who I would prefer Celtic to now sign and select. (Forster for one please)

But for a free transfer, we got much better value from Gordon than MANY other Celtic signings over the years
    (Just remember Scepovic!)

I feel it's inevitable that Gordon's going, and good luck to him going public to see if he can better the St Mirren or Celtic offers currently on his table. Football is a short career, and he's just trying to maximise what's available.

If his legacy is him on his knees, celebrating the Rogic cup final invincible winner against Aberdeen.
    It's not a bad one is it?

paulmcq1888, dbhoy72, Fully87 and 6 others like this.
  4. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    Aye he's a bit of a dour guy but I don't get all this hate. He was a free and for a long time was a top keeper for us (if you ignore the awful passing) . To go from possibly never playing again to taking part in a treble treble team is no small feat.

5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    His legacy will not be him on his knees at the final, not for me anyway. Fair enough, folk will love that.

Admittedly, he had some good performances with great saves during his time here. Its not even his clangers that I take umbrage with.

But, his whole demeanour and interview after interview that he has provided that all just scream "ME! ME! ME!" has taken any shine off his time as a Celtic player. He has talked * in newspapers, post match interviews, and his pus on far too many occasions has looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the world but part of our club. The complete opposite of a team player for me.

6. Crilly

I can always just remember his toxic interview after I’m sure the inter game where his many mistakes cost us the game and he kept going on about how bad the defending was and he didn’t feel confident doing his job with them in front of him when it was blatantly his fault. Could’ve been a different team but I’m 90% sure it was inter. He’s a Moany * in his interviews and always wants pity.

7. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Was a terrific free transfer. Will remember him for being a good Celtic keeper!

8. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

was a very good goalkeeper for the first couple of seasons... Rodgers couldn't even drop him when he tried he was playing that good

9. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Let's see if you still remember him that way after he leaves and sticks the boot into the club and his ex teammates.

We all know it's coming.

Just a matter of time with this *

10. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

I can't believe he is coming up with Celtic have to do better *. Then in the next breath telling us st.mirren have give him a very good offer. Does he not realise he has been pick number 3 this season and if we keep Fraser he will continue to be pick number 3. If st.mirrens offer is that good then on you go craig

11. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Let’s face it he will be third choice keeper so why offer him a great deal to sit on the bench if he is lucky enough to be part of the squad . In the current climate there is no space for sentiment and we would be better off trying to develop a younger keeper .
    Let’s be honest , it is time to say thank you for your efforts but it is time to move on .

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not if you are a lazy * and want good money to do * all.
    It's the only * logic here. If St Mirren have offered good money, as he claims, then * sign for them already. What are you waiting for from Celtic? To match St Mirren?
    I hardly believe for a moment Celtic have offered less than St Mirren have - certainly less than he was on last year, but not less than what St Mirren can afford. Purely using it for greed and more money out of us.
    St Mirren average weekly salary is £900-1000 a week. Please Craig tell us how St mirren have offered a "good offer" and Celtic have offered one that needs to be "better" ?

Considering St Mirren will give you first team football as well, compared to us who want you out the door.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This is it. Fairly confident he'll be another Kris Commons.

14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Did we extend May contracts to the end of June? Or was it just by 2 weeks? Sure I remember something like that.

Effectively, he isn't a Celtic player right now, no?

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Most contracts finish 30th June as standard. Think it's a compromise agreed by most clubs by the PFA to avoid players being without a wage for months over the summer when the season has stopped.

Marty McFly likes this.
  16. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Best just call it quits , we got a couple of good seasons out the deal , he got a few million , a stack of medals and a wee honey that is well above his punching weight.
    Arrividerci !

17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye that makes sense. Wasn't sure if contracts were 31 May or 30 June. :50:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  18. Aidan O’Shea

The least popular former first-team regular in Celtic’s history. Even Boyata is held in higher regard. Says it all.

Started off his Celtic career well but his performances dipped and so did his attitude. A total *.

19. oh bhoy

Should have been sold to chelsea .£5 million would of went a long way to signing a good keeper

20. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Will never be able to get my head round the fact he’s making thousands of pounds every week & smashing the granny out Summer Harl, yet he still has the personality of a fish finger.

Cheerio.

Gyp Rosetti, trackebhoy and HoopyT like this.