1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Idioteque, Jun 3, 2016.

Discuss Smoking in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dhan

Maybe it's just me as I don't smoke and never have .
    People who vape have never got them out there hands

2. JordyBhoy Árd rí Éireann

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I’d agree with that, if I smoke can go hour or so in between, but when vaping I find that the stick is often in my hand and been known to almost constantly vape for couple hours, especially when driving.

blackfish likes this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Got about a day's worth of tobacco left in my pouch. After it's done I'm going to try and go cold turkey. I've been thinking about quitting for years but I never did.

It's just not financially viable anymore. I'm not sure that is the best reason for trying to give up but I definitely have a determination to make it work.

I've been off the weed for over a month now and off the drink for a few weeks. Both of those were huge obstacles to quitting in the past.

I just hope I'm not not trying to quit too much too soon but I'm determined to make it work.

Anyone have any tips on ways to minimise the cravings?

Funnily enough the worst cravings ive ever had was when I couldn't afford it. Not having it around played heavily on my mind after 30 minutes without one. Yet if I had tobacco and was out in the town shopping and getting lunch I could easily go 3 or 4 hours without even thinking of lighting up.

Don't want a vape, don't want patches or gum or inhalators. If I'm going to do it I'm just going to do it.

jake10 likes this.
  4. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Mate the last time I chucked them, I was eating a tin of tomato soup every time I had a craving :56: no joke, became a weird craving in itself :giggle1:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

When Jack gave up the pipe in still game he had pipe dreams.

Hope I don't have * dreams :fear: :giggle1:

bagforlife, The67Sound and Doogs. like this.
  6. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Might be the best dreams you’ve ever had mate:39::84:

bagforlife and Sean Daleer like this.
  7. Johniebhoy.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Johnny thompson song
    I'm off them about 7 years now,after 20 odd years on 30-40 a day,the financial benefits are a great source of encouragement,having around the same amount of cash in your pocket on a Friday as you had on Monday is a great incentive tostay off them, I just decided to go cold turkey as I think fake * and patches chewing gum is just a racket, you just need an incentive to get off them and a good bit of determination to stay off the *.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Looks like I'm giving up sooner than I expected.

Just spilled a glass of summer fruits all over my tobacco pouch :31: :giggle1:

jocksteinupper likes this.
  9. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Eventually done a bit of research and got a decent starter vape. The go ohm by Apollo. Still having the odd cigarette now and again if I’ve had a couple beers.

Quite a lot more to it than I realised when I had tried it before. Never thought about what coils to use or PG/VG etc.

On Kik tobbaco blend 16mg 80% PG but gonna try go down to 11mg and 50/50 and try some new flavours.

Having the same problem as most vapers I know, feckin thing is constantly on the go :56:

10. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Guys, I’m keen to get off the *. Few false starts quitting but I’m really keen to stop. I smoke about 10 a day and I’m looking for any advice you guys have.

11. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    my mate stopped through nhs helpline, they put him on that’Champix’ and he’s stopped now three months, good luck

MJ9 likes this.
  12. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    go on the cigars for 2-3 years
    then on to a pipe for 4 years
    then chewing tobacco for the next couple of years.
    and at the end of that time you'll be aff the *.
    good luck.

seamus1967 likes this.
  13. Lewis Kerr

Its all mental mate and the fact you want to quit is a good start. I've been smoking on and off for about 8 years, at my worst I would smoke about the same as you everyday, not including nights out where I could easily go through 20/30. Rank

In the last few years I've made a conscious effort of cutting down though. Went through loads of phases where I wouldn't touch a cig for weeks then have a cheeky one and start up again, 4 or 5 a day sort of thing then stop for a couple days/weeks. Rinse repeat. It's frustrating

The lockdown * me as I started to smoke quite a lot again, but currently on day 11 without a cigarette now.

* this post was about me :giggle1:. Advice? Get yourself a juul and a few packs of juul pods. The pods, it's flavours, are (quite) expensive compared to other vape juices, but still less expensive than smoking and I feel like the juul is a nice wee gadget that has helped me beat my cravings the most out of any vape or device I've had, and I've had a few.

Good luck

14. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    haha cheers mate appreciate it! Good effort quitting, I’m the same, working from home has made it worse, especially to get out and away fae the burd too! Will try Juul and see how I fare on that. Cheers again

15. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It's one of the hardest things to do. You just need to figure out the best way for yourself. When i tried to stop most times i would get to like the 4th or 5th day & cave in. What i done was, when i felt myself struggling after the 5th day i started using the patches. Now been off them over 15 years & know i will never smoke again.

jake10 likes this.
  16. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Still haven’t smoked since I started this thread

17. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Have a colleague that switched to IQOS - he's infinitely happier & healthier looking. Most importantly to me, he stopped stinking of cigarette smoke

18. stew37

Tried cigarettes once when I was about 10 and never again, never really saw the attraction. Smoke a bit of weed now and again but can go 6 months or so without it, depends how I'm feeling.

Those vape things look more addictive than * the way folk smoke them as if someone's gonna take it away from them. Won't be surprised when loads of respiratory issues appear for folk further down the line.