1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Renato Tapia.

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Jan 8, 2020.

Discuss Renato Tapia. in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    If feyenoord payed a decent fee for him at the age of 19/20 he must have something to offer.
    Perhaps something went wrong when he was loaned out.
    He played against the Huns in Europa I’m sure and for his age the caps he has accumulated at his age is impressive , Peru is a team I’ve always liked going way back as they do bring decent players through like a lot of South American country's. But surely on a free cant be sniffed at ?

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He did play against them, 1-0 Huns won at home.
    Think the reported fee was 1.5million or so, nothing massive in grand scheme of lost income for a club like feyenoord. But perhaps a fair few for a youth guy out of Peru.

I dare say if our interest is genuine, then an offer of a trial at first opportunity for travel would be worth offering.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

3. Cupid Stunt

Is this the right guy..?

If so, honestly think he looks decent.

Quick, looks solid, good technique, can strike a ball, spot a pass, loves a tackle and even scored a header.

Did something go wrong regarding appearances or it not working out at Feyenoord?

Vibes of Wanyama, but assuming he's *? Just the basics in that YouTube video look good.

4. Foley1888

Never saw him play but as standard with YouTube video's the guy looks a fairly solid all round midfielder and if it was a reasonable contract on a free, then he could be a good option to rotate with Brown or CalMac or play in a three for Euro away games. Particularly if Ntcham was to move on then wouldn't be against signing him.

5. CountyDownFaithful

I know improving our first 11 is absolutely imperative but we play between 50-60 games a season and that requires a squad/team effort.

I think this guy would be a good rotational player and would certainly offer us more physicality and steel which is clearly missing at times.

6. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Looks decent in that video to be fair.

7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He started to play games this season, maybe he just wants off to a bigger playing club and knows he will get decent pay being a free transfer. I'm curious about has he played midfield or as a cb most.

8. Cupid Stunt

He's listed as a midfielder, but wouldn't be the end of the world to have someone that could step in to cb as and when required.

Again, almost Wanyama like :fear:

9. CountyDownFaithful

Daily Record uploaded an article earlier with quotes from his father saying he has a new club lined up and that us, the Huns and Angers from France are all interested. He’s out of contract at the end of the month so should be more news on it soon.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  10. Cupid Stunt

Watching that video, he's the first one, probably ever, that I'd be really disappointed if he went to the Huns.

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    So according to the daily record he doesn't actually have new club lined up yet.

He has various rumours of options.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

12. Foley1888

It was the Peru National Team Manager who hinted that he had made his mind up on the team he was going to join but was under contract to the end of the month so it has not been revealed yet. His dad had previously dismissed he had made his mind up about joining Celta Vigo I think it was and was saying he was weighing up all options mentioning Us, them, Angers and others.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  13. CountyDownFaithful

That's what I read too

14. jambo_cfc

Think hes very similar to bitton tbh , bit more dig , cant see it being us , sorry to say but i dont think its a coincidence hes played against the huns and hes linked with teams in scotland , think its the other side of glasgow he will be off too unless bittons leaving. Cm wee are top heavy on. Unless lennon wants someone who can play cb when we are defending but when attacking can move up one.