1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual Season Tickets.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Jun 3, 2020.

Discuss Virtual Season Tickets. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Haven't been season ticket holder for a couple of years, but if I still was I'm not sure I could justify spending that much money to watch something on TV. Had they halved the cost of the games you attend "virtually" that would have sit better with me.

I think it's a pretty cheeky move to be honest. I know times are difficult, but they're difficult for the fans too and they're taking them for granted.

2. Dembele the next messi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    What i dont understand is this - if you have 4 season tickets in the same household why would you pay for these when 1 season ticket gets you all the live matches?

3. Jeremie Frimpong

You would likely lose your seats for the 2020-21 season.

If you choose to buy a season ticket this season, you will inevitably pay over the odds for it.

4. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    due to allegedly 10,000 on the waiting list the club are holding season ticket holders to ransom for their seats & 10IAR, a club like no other is embarrassing itself when Motherwell, accies & thistle are treating their customers as fans while we pay 2 & upwards season tickets for the same address, total rip-off celtic

5. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    *, it just clicked, clubs limited to selling virtual tickets to ST holders, by insisting households with more than one ST pay for every ST at that address they’re pushing/expecting said households to sell off access to this individual code for the extra STs, so how do we do this and what do we charge fellow fans for access to this code, i know a few on here said they’d be interested in virtual tickets BUT how do we do this?

6. Paul McAuley

The Club are missing a trick here. This should be open to everyone but I can understand that Sky are probably pulling the strings.

Gave up my ST due to totally * up ma life but am back in a steady place now and on the waiting list which is probably fair but just wish I was giving my money to the club instead of the IPTV guy. Honestly wouldnt give a * about any other sports channels just want to watch the bhoys.

Ive seen weve partnered with production team that do BT but whos servers are they going to use? We all know how much a shambles CTV has been and thats just catering for ex pats and the motherland.

7. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    I've already paid for our 2 ST,s. But a couple of questions for the more tech guys on here from an old fart.......

My Son stays at a different address as we've never changed it since he married and moved out. Will he still get his own code, or will I have to contact someone to change details etc?

I get that I can watch it on my laptop/ PC/ tablet. Will these games be shown on sky too, with a pin code, so I can watch it on my normal tv? Which means I still need my sky subscription to get it?

Or will you be able to cast from your device tablet/phone like you could with BT, onto your tv through Chromecast? Which means I can cancel sky completely and get back some of the money I've spent on ST,s!

8. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Well some good questions there mate my take on it from what I have read and saw is that each season ticket holder gets there own code so not just one per household.

Sky aren't showing these games hence why we got sunset and vine in who are the production company for BT Sport.

You can chromecast it from your pc tablet laptop etc to your telly for the game and coverage that wouldn't be hard to do at all.

I Think I have covered most of it I'm sure someone else can add to it if need be

Bernie Bhoy likes this.
  9. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

If any season ticket holders would like to learn how to use OBS to stream their stream to us plebs then DM me :fear:

10. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    So can you pay the standard price of a match day ticket to watch a game ? Surely if we have a 60k capacity stadium should allow 60k to watch the game ? Big loss of revenue in that situation.

Even worse if thousands decide they don't fancy paying for a ST in the circumstances. When is the renewal deadline ?

11. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    We have a 10 thousand or so waiting list I'm sure so of them would happily take it. I agree with most fans on it but I have a season ticket and I would pay full price if it was only for the chance to see lift 10 might never happen again in my lifetime

12. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hope I'm wrong but I think there will be less than that on any waiting list now. Might not even be one because the folk from that list might be getting their tickets.

It's a severely flawed system. Season ticket prices vary, so if worst case scenario this goes on the full season then will they refund folk that have paid a higher price than other's for their ST ?

13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I know it's never going to be easy to please everyone but waiting a few weeks could give a much clearer picture of all this.

14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Organising crowds when it does become feasible is going to be another massive challenge. How do you decide who gets in to what game ? Say they allow 10k-20k in for each match. How will they work that ?

15. Foley1888

In terms of the online streaming system do you think the club will sell advertising or up sell on advertising to those that have the stadium adverts as a way of raising additional revenue? It would be a fairly good proposition to some companies if they have a captive 50,000 plus audience say 9 or 10 times.

I hope they have not been restricted from doing the above by the terms and conditions agreed with Sky. The more you hear about it the poorer a deal it seems. As if they were allowed to sell to a wider audience at a lower price ST holders would have the ability to hold their seat for a small fee and pay based on pro-rata for matches attended, and then the same package for TV deals as others. That would allow TV deal to be sold to multiples of the number of ST and this would make ST, particularly those with more than 1 ST feel they were not being ripped off.

It would also be interesting to hear what package is being offered to corporate ticket holders and are they being asked to pay their usual cost?

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Do it Month Python style, 3 questions each to get in.

'Which manager signed Lubo?'

'Who scored the winning goal in the 2007 Scottish Cup Final v Dunfermline?'

'Have you ever worn a Motherwell top?'

Markos1972 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  17. Cupid Stunt

Let's * hope not, cos that would mean someone else would have had to have won it to break our run.

I only want to see 10 in a row once, then I wanna see 20!

18. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Nobody will admit no.3 :fear:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:84:

20. Jeremie Frimpong

Many season-ticket holders, myself included, will be unable or unwilling to attend games before a vaccine is widely available, so that might be less of an issue than one would expect, mate.