1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual Season Tickets.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Jun 3, 2020.

Discuss Virtual Season Tickets. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

No refunds at all for behind closed door games is an absolute shambles how can they even begin to justify that ? For instance my Auntie sits in a different stand from me and her season book is about £150 cheaper so does she need to watch the 'virtual season ticket' games from the garden or something

2. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Sad when Motherwell offer a refund on future tickets for games behind closed doors to ST holders and we’re still waiting to find out about what happens when there are more than one ST at same address etc club are playing with our loyalty and wish to see the ten I’ve still not renewed and won’t until I get more information

3. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Motherwell offered there fans the season ticket for all games you see in the stadium I.E 19 home games if that's over 2 seasons price change reflects it. My partners cousin is a well fan that's what he said

4. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  5. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Club are run by *. Makes my decision to get a refund for last season all the more justified.

6. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    sounds like they will add on something cup games /qualifiers / CL/Europa games for season tickets during the year to add in the value lost on season tickets

Peej likes this.
  7. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Not sure what else they can do during the pandemic. The same fans will be moaning if we sell a few big players to weaken us for the 10 if we need to offset money etc.

Then if we don't do the 10 it'll be the clubs fault for selling players it's a no win situation the club. And people will moan

8. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Sooner we're back to normal the better. Obviously peoples health is a priority, but I don't think there's anyway the club can please everyone. I mean for instance a household with say 4 season tickets there is no way the club are going to turn round and say you can pay for one and freeze the other three. They will look at that as 4 customers.
    That being said, I don't think they would be open to any ideas which would see them lose season ticket sales and this is why I took my refund. All this bollocks about you can keep your money in the club and it will 'help' the club. Maybe if Lawell came out and said he was taking a reduction in salary to help the club I'd jave considered it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    MagicBallBhoy and jake10 like this.
  9. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    All staff are on reduced wages including the players and staff currently due to this. Watch him sell a few players and people will moan about it.

10. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Surely if this is the case people could just buy a kids season ticket for the cheapest price if there's gonna be no reductions etc

11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Could you prove that anyone is one reduced wages please? Yes the club used furlough but they made up the other 20%, I also am led to believe that the players are receiving full salary, the only cuts I know about are in the boardroom.

12. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    All of this is from the staff lenny mentioned it before as has others in articles from the club I am going with what he said on this! The article will be about somewhere

13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    The staff that are furloughed are getting a full wage, the players as far as I know are on their full salary. So I don’t get where your point of cuts is coming from tbh.

14. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    I was going with ab article that Lennon mentioned will try and track it down only saying what I had read somewhere

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I personally think the club could’ve took a deposit off season ticket holders then adjusted the full amount when we are allowed back.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  16. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    * could be paying over £1000 to watch the telly FFS , I’ve cancelled my telly licence for far less , utter shafted

jake10 likes this.
  17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I get a feeling if the entire season goes on behind closed doors, then refunds/reductions on next season may happen.

They're doing fairly well though, considering the circumstances. They haven't just went with giving out a £50 sub for CTV to folk, they've went out and hired the best sports broadcaster/pundit team Scotland has seen in decades!
    They are also alluding to giving further benefits, which someone else mentioned about the cup and euro games - I think that may be the case as well.

All said and done, it does feel like a kicker with no reduction to the ST, but bigger picture and all that.
    IE. if we refunded every household that has multiple season tickets, then that would see likely 2/3 of season ticket money gone, that is massive!

Bozza, Jacob knows and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Tbf I'd be delighted to buy a virtual season ticket as a non Celtic Park season ticket holder.

What we should've done is have a virtual season ticket where you pay a subscription to stream the games live online. Celtic Park season ticket holders should be able to do the same but pay a deposit for their seat when Celtic Park reopens.

This way will allow a whole host of fans to subsidise those Celtic Park season ticket holders so they're not paying a fortune just to watch Celtic online.

* knows if TV deals stops this. I wouldn't care if it was for every game apart from the ones that are to be showed on live TV. I just want to be able to watch Celtic live at any opportunity.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    * moaning at every opportunity.

Devalues when there is actually something to complain about.

20. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Celtic’s first-team squad, manager Neil Lennon, backroom staff and club executives, including chief executive Peter Lawwell, have volunteered to take “significant reduction in salaries”.

They also agreed to “make deferrals of a significant proportion of their earnings” from April until June in financial measures the Glasgow club say will help them come through coronavirus crisis on a stable basis.

From the Scotsman