1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JC Anton, Jan 13, 2016.

Discuss Fraser Forster in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    So him signing in 48 hour's was mega * :90:

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Hopefully this £10 million price isn’t true because that won’t happen, but when I heard we were possibly looking elsewhere and talking with Gordon it doesn’t look good.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Gordon and Bain next season :triplomur

I honestly can't see anyone paying 10 mill for him though either so hopefully we can get him for half that with payments staggered or something..

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Paul Robinson has slammed Southampton for “unfairly” pricing Celtic target Fraser Forster out of a move.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider correspondent Dylan Childs, the former England goalkeeper has hailed the Scottish giants for rejuvenating the career of the 32-year-old after he had been frozen out by the Saints.

Celtic have made clear their desire to re-sign Forster this summer after his outstanding season on loan in his second spell at the club.

But the Hoops are dependent upon meeting Southampton’s asking price, should they wish to sell, as well as offer a package that can lure the giant keeper.

It will not be an easy deal to seal, with Football Insider being told by a recruitment source that the Premier League club value Forster at above £10million and he is on a contract worth in excess of £70,000-a-week.

“Southampton have unfairly price him out of a deal at the moment,” Robinson told Football Insider. “We are talking about a player who has not been anywhere near the first team squad in 12-18 months. He was surplus to requirements.

“He has gone to Celtic and rejuvenated his career and now looks like a top class goalkeeper again.”

Forster has played some of the best football of his career in his second spell at Parkhead.

He was integral to their successful title defence and delivered one of the outstanding individual displays of the season in last December’s Scottish League Cup win against Rangers.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    An utter * that Paul Robinson but calling it right here..

Was third choice behind 2 keepers he was and is miles better than and they wanted him off the book's at all costs for about 2/3 year now..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  6. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

He has been great for us but that’s crazy if Southampton are demanding £10 million for their third choice keeper and that’s just the fee, not including his wages!

Can’t see them getting that, even with the crazy money in the PL.

We have to do all we can to keep him though. He makes so many vital saves and puts in big performances that would help us get back into the CL group stages where we would recoup our outlay on him and more!

I know it’s easier said than done at times but this is why when we bring in loans I am always keen to get a loan to buy option. At least then a fee is already agreed and if they have a fantastic season like Fraser has the parent club can’t just bump up the fee as a result.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  7. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Board sanctioning a 10 million+ deal for a 32 year old keeper? Sadly I can't see it, unless a few players are offloaded.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I read they Robinson quotes 2 month ago, why are they being dredged up again?

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    The original source about Forsters valuation came from football insider btw so wouldn't read too much into it. They are full of *

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    He'd be worth it tbh in the long run but it's a steep price for sure

Artorias likes this.
  11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I think we might have to wait a while for any deal to become available. What we need is Forster and his agent to sit down with Southampton and tell them he's keen on the move.

He's a fantastic keeper but they're not getting £10m for a guy that was out with injury then deemed 3rd choice for a team fighting relegation.

If the summer ticks on and there's no other interest forthcoming then they won't want to be paying out £70k per week for a guy sitting in the stands. That fee will come down and a long way down. I think Lawwell will be angling for another loan move though, which will happen very late in the window, if it looks like they aren't shifting him.

McChiellini.. and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  12. horseshoe

£10m would be steep for us, but he's played well enough here and in europe that an english team could see it as decent value in their ridiculous money tbh, it was always a risk if he performed on loan it could raise his stock and they'd be able to cash in.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Was 25million in December

Former England international Paul Robinson has slammed Southampton’s reported asking price of £25million for Fraser Forster as “unrealistic.”

Reports emerged earlier this month suggesting the Premier League club value Forster in the region of £25million following his excellent season on loan with Celtic.

And speaking to Football Insider, Robinson believes Saints are asking for “stupid money” from Celtic, especially considering how he was the club’s third choice ‘keeper prior to his return to Glasgow.

He’s been completely frozen out of the first-team squad, nowhere near playing so how you can demand £25million for somebody in that situation at the club I’ve got no idea.

[​IMG]Ian MacNicol/Getty Images Sport

Celtic will just turn round and send him back if they’re asking stupid money for him. They can’t demand £25million for a player that they clearly don’t want because he’s gone out and done well elsewhere.

I’d like to think that from Celtic’s point of view, they’ve had some kind of agreement with Southampton over a buy-out clause at the end of the loan because £25million is a very unrealistic valuation.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Spot on..

I really don't believe they'll get 10 mill from England either where most are cutting their cloth accordingly..

With us having the 10% on him as well I can see 5 being more realistic if it gets him out the door as he's on a big wage for a player who's third choice, surplus and 32 year's of age..

Gyp Rosetti and Seán Mac D like this.
  15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I can't see Lawwell going a bean above £5m for Forster, he just doesn't pay that sort of money when there's no possibility of recouping it at a later date.

Eddie on an extension and Forster back and we're in dreamland.

16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    We ain't spending that on a 30 plus goalie, and tbh, do we even need to.

We've been blessed with goalies for a good number of years, even £5-6m is probably a bit much but probably a little more doable.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic face a fight with a top English Premier League club to land Fraser Forster this summer

Cash-strapped Southampton are keen to sell the keeper as they bid to slash their wage bill and Neil Lennon is desperate to make his loan deal permanent.

Forster is among a list of top earners they want to offload and allowing him to return to Celtic last summer was an attempt to put the keeper in the shop window.

And now Lennon will have to convince the 32-year-old his future remains in Glasgow after a top-four Premier league side placed Forster on a shortlist of four keepers they are looking to sign.

Southampton are waiting to see what offers they receive when the transfer window re-opens.

The Saints are also keen to bring in as much as they can for the Geordie, who they paid Celtic £10 million to sign back in 2014.

A fee and his wages currently puts him out of the reach of a permanent return to Celtic.

The other issue is that Forster still has another two years left on his Southampton contract and for him to leave he will want the majority of the money he is owed from his parent club.

Forster has been out of the pictures with Saints with Ralph Hasenhuttl preferring Angus Gunn and Alex McCarthy.

He could also dig his heels in and look to see out his Southampton contract unless there is a deal he wants to take.

Former England keeper Paul Robinson believes Southampton are pricing Forster out of a move.

“Southampton have unfairly priced him out of a deal at the moment,” Robinson, speaking to Football Insider, claimed.

“We are talking about a player who has not been anywhere near the first team squad in 12-18 months. He was surplus to requirements.

“He has gone to Celtic and rejuvenated his career and now looks like a top class goalkeeper again.”

Neil Lennon is desperate to sign Forster again and the player is open to a return to Glasgow after last season’s double-winning heroics.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  18. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    If theres proper interest from Prem teams which there will be because he's very good, i think we are in trouble, even with finances a little tighter plenty of prem teams will pay 7-10m for him, hopefully he holds out a bit and wants to come here so we can get him cheaper.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Such a poorly written article

Could the top 4 team be looking at him want him as back up ?

20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It won’t be Leicester because Rodgers wants his keeper to pass the ball Southampton are playing hardball I think because we agreed a fee of 8 million if we wanted to sign elynoussi .... which we are not going to do I mean how can you agree 8 million for elynoussi who was bought for 16 million then demand 10!for Forster who is not in the picture anymore and was bought for ten million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk