1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bundesliga 1 and 2 2019-20

Discussion in 'World Football' started by StPauli1916, Jun 28, 2019.

Discuss Bundesliga 1 and 2 2019-20 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    First one I've watched with the crowd noise & prefer it that way.

Feels a bit flat with no crowd noise

2. stew37

Bayern are fast as * on the break man. Hope Leverkusen get one back and set it up though.

3. stew37

There goes that idea

4. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

Strange watching a football match with no crowds and an echo of fans in the stadium.

Whole new world , very strange but much easier viewing with a bit of sound in the game .

trackebhoy likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Usually, we’re concerned when we hear of one of our members wanting to cancel their membership in the club. However, sometimes the opposite is true. In light of the current situation, we are deciding to share portions of an unacceptable notice of cancellation we received from one of our (now former) members this past week.

Former member:

“For several months now I have been unable to identify myself with this club (professional football)! I’ve since gotten the impression that I’m at the Africa Cup, instead of in the German Bundesliga. I know what’s coming, but no – I’m not racist in any way. I resent that. But, too much is enough.

(…)

But when the starting line-up for the past weeks has featured nine (!!!) Black players and German talents are being given fewer and fewer chances of their own, then this is no longer the club that has been near and dear to my heart over all these years. (…) Noveski, Bungert, Rose, Babatz, Weiland, Bell and many others stood for values and mentality. Those were players who gave their blood, sweat and tears (…)”

The response from our Mainz 05 fan service:

While we usually regret to hear of anyone wanting to cancel their membership and fight passionately for each of our members, in this instance we cannot begin to express any regret.

Racism is born when racist thoughts are spread, not only when someone calls themselves a racist – something which rarely happens. And yes, you are right: you cannot identify yourself with our club. For us, skin colour or any other characteristics simply do not play a role. All that matters to us, is that someone is human and that they share in our values. Those are the kinds of people we welcome in our community. In light of this, we welcome your cancellation as the reasons you’ve given clearly prove that you do not share those values that our club is based on. Our position is clearly defined in our statutes and in our mission statement, which was developed in partnership with our fans and members.

Section 1, paragraph 4 of our statutes, which all of our members acknowledge, states:

“The club promotes the function of sport as a connecting element between nationalities, cultures, religions and social classes. It offers a sporting home to children, youths, adults and people with disabilities, regardless of their gender, ancestry, skin colour, origin, faith, social class or sexuality. Mainz 05 are a cosmopolitan club; we are neutral in terms of party politics or denomination.”

Furthermore, the mission statement goes on to say:

“We stand for openness, respect and humanity. We take responsibility and are tolerant, cosmopolitan, diverse, colourful and fair, show solidarity, are socially committed, integrative and inclusive. We stand up for our values, and actively defend them and pass them on to future generations of fans and members. We welcome all people who share in these values, regardless of their age, gender, skin colour, origin, physical or mental condition, religion, social class or sexuality.”

We know from personal discussions that the players you named, such as Nikolce Noveski, Niko Bungert, Marco Rose, Christof Babatz , Niclas and Dennis Weiland, Stefan Bell, and many, many more share our values, as does our current captain Danny Latza and his vice-captains Daniel Brosinski and Moussa Niakhaté. The latter showed in Saturday's derby win against Frankfurt that he is a role model in terms of enthusiasm, mentality and his will to win, despite his young age. It was due to exactly these characteristics that he led the team to the win despite the absence of Danny Latza.

The goal we scored against Union Berlin came from strong work by Mainz youth products: After Leandro Barreiro, born in Erpeldingen in Luxembourg and who has played at Mainz since the U17 level, dispossessed Union, he supplied Ridle Baku to score, who has been at Mainz since the age of 10, and has been in the Germany U21 side for a long time also. We are proud of these players. For us, they are simply great people, for us they are simply our boys from Mainz. Bearing this in mind, it’s particularly deceitful of you to see an opportunity to explicitly blame the skin colour of our players for our patch of bad form. Choosing to share these views at this time, where people around the world are standing up against discrimination and showing solidarity following the death of George Floyd - including several athletes and Bundesliga players - goes to prove that these unacceptable values are deeply ingrained in your character.

Unlike you, we understand unreservedly that “Black Lives Matter”.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. stew37

* farcical handball decision for the handball there lol, some start to this game though!

9. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    VAR is still completely random and arbitrary for me.

Union Berlin cross. Hit the defenders arm and the ref gives a pen. Over-ruled by VAR ( which was probably right as it looked harsh to me.)

However they re-start with a free-kick to Koln :43:

That can't be right. It wasn't Union Berlin's (the attacking teams) fault the ref gave a pen.

10. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Big Couple of nights for the relegation/promotion.

Bottom of Bundesliga

Mainz 31
    Werder Bremen 28
    Dusseldorf 28

Tonight Werder host Bayern, tomorrow Mainz go to Dortmund and Dusseldorf to Leipzig. With Paderborn looking gone it looks like one will survive, one will go into the playoff and one go down.

In Bundesliga II. it looks like one up, one in the playoff and one misses out from Hamburg, Stuttgart and Heidenheim both Hamburg and Heidenheim dropped points today so if Stuttgart win tomorrow they go second with two games to go.

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Had to be him.

12. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Farmers league, no one even watches it. Charlton would win the league there and my nan would be top scorer

MickeyyMack likes this.
  15. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    Big Congratulations to Bayer Munich,
    League Champions 8th year in a row.

16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Stuttgart no hanging about. 4 up after half an hour.

18. stew37

Eintracht v Schalke game was good, most of the German games I've watched since the restart have been quality. Put the Villa game on for a bit earlier but was bored to tears fairly quickly. Leipzig game starting now, they've been dynamite to watch as well. Not sure I'll bother with Arsenal game, will see how this goes.

19. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Penultimate week of Bundesliga II today. St Pauli could guarantee their safety ( but have just conceded an equaliser)

At the top Stuttgart are 2 up at Nurnberg and 4th v 3rd Heidenheim v Hamburg is currently 0-0. If that stays the same Stuttgart would only need a point next week to get promotion.

20. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    5 for Stuttgart now which is actually good for St Pauli as well as with the way things stand St Pauli will be 3 points clear of Nurnberg going into the last weekend and Nurnberg's GD is taking a doing.