1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual Season Tickets.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Jun 3, 2020.

Discuss Virtual Season Tickets. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StevieBhoooy!

Do they accept ‘Virtual Payment’?

2. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Force them * officials to do post match Q&A for 15mins straight after the match

That should persuade everyone to pay.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  3. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    They should probably give the additional ST holders the new kit for nowt, if they apply the virtual ST to one in households or ppl who don't have access to it online or whatever.

4. Foley1888

This does seem like a solution pulled together quickly without really having thought through the details. Sky clearly hold a lot of cards in the negotiations with the SPFL, given the liability from last season finishing early and the new deal. Where the virtual season ticket provides access to a season ticket holder, it misses opportunities to generate additional revenue from pay for service due to negotiations with Sky.

It may be Sky feel if the streaming service for home games was opened up it may impact their subscribers to their SkySports packages as they may be happy just seeing the home games, unlikely I know but there must be a reasoning why Sky wanted it limited.

It just seems like this solution has left everyone feeling aggrieved with what has been offered, season ticket holders having to pay a considerable price to see the game on the TV, households with multiple season ticket holders paying double, triple or more which could mean they sell off one of their links to someone else if they aren't going to use it to get some money back in their own pocket. I get these are unprecedented times and this is the league not the club but the Club haven't been particular good at handling the refund from last year or providing some sort of offer that sits alongside season tickets. Some examples of things that could be tried:
    • One small token could have been they could have offered free access to Celtic TV and provided some high quality content that makes people feel they are still close to the team despite not being at the games (not exactly sure what but would leave that to the creative types).
    • Offered a discount for those buying a season ticket at the club shop which would still encouraged revenue generation and retail sales at a time when no fans will be attending games will impact these. However there is an opportunity that traditional Birthday presents such as overnights and meal vouchers are nearly non existent now, so a real effort should go in to making a gift an option
    • For everyone buying a season ticket this year over the next two seasons they will get the option of a ticket upgrade for one game.
    • A discount on drinks or food for the first couple of games back or in one of the suites before or after the games.
    • A discount on tickets for social events at Celtic Park if and when they can return or stadium tour.
    Some of the above don't have to cost the club much money and can be phased over a period of time and won't please all but at least would be a goodwill gesture recognising the one those fans buying season tickets to help out the club in tough circumstances get through. The refund process from last year has received plenty of criticism as well for not being user friendly, it is fine to ask people to show goodwill if you can and I am sure most will have but it should not have been set up in a way that made it a challenge for those who perhaps had lost their source of income during the crisis to not be able to easily get a refund.

Despite being in a period of great success for the club, you only need to look back to the January transfer window where prior to all this, a number of fans were not happy with the level of investment in the first team squad whilst we had a considerable amount of money sitting in the bank. Particularly when you consider it is more likely the club will pay it out in dividends or on a commercial avenue than a new centre back, which is not what Celtic as a Football Club should be about. This is not the first time this has happened over recent seasons either.

Granted having strong cash reserves and I am not against good financial management, both of which will have worked in our favour during this challenging period, but you cannot use that as a justification for not investing in the team at times in the past when it has blatantly been needed particularly Champions League Qualifying campaigns played without strikers or centre backs over recent years.

I have to admit I do fear that fans will be treated with contempt once this passes again, despite a large number having made an exceptional gesture in putting their hand in their pocket to buy a season ticket, knowing full well they will not receive it but still doing so out of the love for their club. I believe that should not go unnoticed by those running the club.

5. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Sky should be told to * whar matches they will be showing, right now. Then every single Celtic supporter should be able to purchase different packages of ST until full match attendance can happen again.

lazyregula likes this.
  6. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    exactly, not even sky expect more than one subscription per address, have Celtic mentioned about this? as I’ve posted club haven’t txted or emailed about virtual STs but I’ve a fair few about renewal

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic have struck a deal with the production company behind BT Sport to give virtual season-ticket holders a top-class TV show.

Record Sport understands Parkhead chiefs have drafted in Sunset + Vine – the experts behind BT’s coverage of Scottish, English and European football – and are lining up star pundits such as former Hoops striker Chris Sutton, ex-boss Gordon Strachan and Michael Stewart.

Celtic are expecting to kick off their quest for 10 in a row behind closed doors but fans who buy season tickets will be able to stream the home matches.

It is understood the club are determined to ramp up the quality of the broadcasts and are prepared to invest heavily to keep the punters happy.

Record Sport columnist Sutton is expected to be joined in the telly line-up by big hitters such as John Hartson and Johan Mjallby

Sunset + Vine have been providing BT Sports packages for several seasons and they’ve received rave reviews for their coverage of the Scottish game.

They have also been involved in broadcasting the Champions and Europa League, as well as several World Cups and also European Championships.

Celtic are hoping to have fans back in the stadium as soon as the Government gives the green light but will have the production team in place until the doors can be thrown open again.

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Mon to * Celtic with sunset+vine on board do the right thing and give all fans access to the home games during these difficult times cause you can’t police 50,000 streams :fear:

Rydo1888* likes this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aberdeen expect a £4m drop in match day revenue and ticket sales from August to December so how much are we losing me saying £5m looks like a very severe under estimate we need to make these tickets available TO ALL!!!!

Graeme1888 likes this.
  10. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Sutton Hartson and Mjallby are here for 10 in a row!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Michael Stewart. That'll wind the huns up big style.

Dannybhoy81 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Yasss :56: :56:

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Lawell says aye he can :56:

We could probably triple our intake by allowing everyone to buy a virtual ticket for home games. I'd be in, no more messing around looking for pish qaulity streams, I'd happily pay.

Hoops13, Blochairnbhoy and buchanbhoy like this.
  14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't think the cubs are setting the limits here of season ticket holders only. If Sky let everyone just subscribe the numbers of people subscribing to their clubs streaming services and could set a precedent that letting Sky or BT buy your television rights is a * idea and that leagues would gain more money doing It themselves

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Sky aren’t involved in showing anymore games than their 48 a season, they were only involved in talks to allow clubs the right to show home games on their club channels.

16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    As long as that * Craigan gets nowhere near it.

17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Id pay an obscene amount tbh. One of the rare occasions where I could be ripped off and be entirely fine with it.

Not like I’m spending much on anything these days.

18. Mr Hoopy

Will games only be available for ST holders i.e. if people have a BT or SKY subscription will we still be able to watch the BCD games?

19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Right now it’s ST holders only

20. Mr Hoopy

Cheers mate. Not had a ST since the Martin O'Neil era - hopefully there will be some other methods available to watch the bhoys.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.