1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Contract expiry dates

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by M 67, May 20, 2020.

Discuss Contract expiry dates in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. M 67

Morning folks.

Just read about that cretin Halliday leaves the zombies, and was wondering if anyone knows who will potentially leave us shortly when their contract is up?

The only 2 I think might be is Gordon and Hayes. Are there any more?

Also, has there been any word on what’s happening with loans and whether they’d be extended? Might be too early for this though!

2. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think Hayes will stay

3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hayes
    Simunovic
    Miller
    Gordon

loan players

Forster
    Arzani
    Bauer
    Elyounoussi

of all that maybe Hayes and Jozo as we hold an option of 1 year on Jozo contract to stay.

M 67 likes this.
  4. Cupid Stunt

Jozo will get an extension because he#s saleable, Hayes will get an extension because he's useful.

Gordon will be gone.

Hopefully get Forster on a perm but the rest of the loanees will be gone to, devastated we didn't get to see more of Ely.

5. M 67

Yeah but might as well get him off the wage bill. If we play with wing backs, he doesn’t really fit in so it’s not a huge loss I guess!

And I actually think it’ll be easier to retain Forster. Southampton will want us to cover the wages, and other clubs will be hesitant to buy him (I’m assuming) just with the whole uncertainty just now.

6. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Thought we would of heard more on Hayes if he was extending not so sure we will renew his deal can see us trimming the squad still got deadwood hanging about who I would like to see moved on for 2 quality additions

7. Champions0607

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Simunovic & Hayes i reckon we'll keep.

I'd love to get Forster back and I think that will be the priority when the window opens.

I want to see Ely back next season. When he was fit he was incredible, scored some important goals for us and added something different.

8. JamesM09

I think Hayes will definitely stay because he’s a useful player, seemingly popular in the dressing room and I would imagine he’s not on a huge salary.

Simunovic I think will depend on how much he’s on but I would think we would take a year option if it’s there just as a bit of cover if the transfer market is volatile.

I’d love to see Forster and Elyounoussi back but I can’t see it happening purely because of finance. They’ll both need to be replaced though.

9. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Well why not bring in Dembele to replace Elyounoussi seems sensible and might convince dembele to stay with us longer. Hayes possibly hard to tell we have 2 LBs maybe he want's to play more would give him a year or 2. if we sell ajer will keep simunovic for sure.

JamesM09 likes this.
  10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Lenny really likes Simunovic.

11. TimFloyd Gold Member

I know in these times it's hard to tell what's going to happen but I hope we explore every possibility into keeping Forster

12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    It is all but a done deal that Gordon and Miller will leave on free's. I think more likely then not that both Hayes and Simunovic will be offered new deals. I would be very surprised if Hayes left. Simunovic I imagine it could go either way even if we take up his 1 year extension option.

Of the loans like everyone pretty much I would love to see us find a way to keep Forster and Elyounoussi outright or maybe even get them back on another season long loan.

13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Could actually see simunovic get a new contract. Think ajer is defo gone in summer.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

14. shaunm

Think jozo’s contract expires next summer 2021

15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Lennon in papers today saying hes hoping to keep Fraser and Ely. Also says they are due to talk to players who's contacts are expiring

16. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I wouldn’t be surprised if players whose contracts are ending are given short extensions or offered them so that transfer fees can be put elsewhere. Players like Hayes would end up on a * contract with Aberdeen if they said no.

17. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

Doubt we will offer Hayes a new deal never been more than a bit part player

18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Started both of Lennon's Cup wins. Was playing as wb ahead of Bolingoli. The past year has seen Hayes play his biggest part in a Celtic shirt.

19. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    At his age i think the club have done him a small favour by not taking the year option. He is a decent player and i think he will have no problem finding a new club, especially on a free. He also can secure himself a 2 / 3 year contract which he would never have got at Celtic.

Decent player, gives his all every time. Covid situation has not helped his chance of staying but at his age this might be in his best interests in securing a longer deal and maybe a signing on fee.

In these circumstances it probably suits both parties but missing out on the TEN must be gutting for him

20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What a tool