1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kristoffer Ajer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 5, 2016.

Discuss Kristoffer Ajer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cupid Stunt

The fees I have seen thrown about for Forster have been in the £6/7 million bracket, plus there would be a decent loan fee for Ely so I don't think it would be far off half if that was what Southampton were actually looking for for Forster. Plus we would have to cover a % of Ely's wages on top of any potential loan fee.

2. joemc

Probably looking to cover his 2 yrs left at 70 k per wk as hes surplus to them now

3. Cupid Stunt

Forster's value would have increased the past season he was with us.

His performances domestically and in Europe were just unbelievable.

No doubt another EPL side or Championship club would be willing to give them a good few million for him.

4. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Southampton seem willing to loan him out to us again for the year. There is no way they are looking for that sort of dosh mate.

5. Cupid Stunt

If someone offers money and we go in for another loan, he won't be coming back here.

Are there any concrete links regarding another loan?

6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Daily mail

7. Cupid Stunt

So no then :56:

Kidding on, but it's just paper talk, Southampton may have no intention to loan him back to us.

It doesn't really make sense in their position if they are trying to move players on for money and Forster is 100% a saleable asset.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    3 first team squad player's who've each contributed a lot..

Can't see it..

9. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Daily Mail are usually quite reliable. Stephen McGowan writes for them I’m sure.

10. Cupid Stunt

Is he the one that took the hump with us because Lawell cut ties or something along those lines.

Used to be the inside man but now guesses like everybody else.

Might be wrong but I recognise the name.

11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He is still more reliable than most

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  12. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Oh he could be mate. I didn’t hear that story. Thought he was the in the know man.

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. Foley1888

I can't help think he will be off this summer. If we get the £20-25Mn that has been quoted that would be a good bit of business for us given we signed him for £650k. It does mean we would definitely need to sign at least one CB to come in and play if not two.

I like the look of Abdul Mumin who we have been linked with as he looks pacey, strong in the air and decent on the ball. He replaced Viktor Nelson of Copenhagen and looked decent against us particularly in the 2nd leg. He is available on a free and has stated he is keen to move somewhere he will continue to get the opportunity to play first team football. It would be a transfer that would fit well with our model, .

If we were signing two, the Serbian Aleksandar Vukotic who played in Belgium we were linked with looked a good defender, played on the left side and is a giant at 6 foot 7 .

Dan Breen and bkk bhoy like this.
  15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Big new agency to help him get a big move

16. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Both look great in the video clips .. would love to see us sign both if Ajer goes. We play some amount of games over a season and most defenders pick up bookings so makes sense to have a few options. Also the injuries we seem to have is astounding .. look at Bitton and Jozo, both have been out longterm far too often.

Some of the goals we lose in Europe are soft / woeful and i think both or either of these guys would improve our team.. and wont break the bank

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    That was quick. Clearly he had this in the works ahead of time I would think. Will be interesting to see what happens with Ajer. Really could go either way. I would be delighted if we kept him but equally delighted if we managed to get 20m for him.

Dan Breen likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Did KT sign new a contract with us before he moved to the Rats agency

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Not 100% but I think your right that he did.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NORWEGIAN side IK Start have admitted they always knew Kristoffer Ajer would one day earn their club a fortune, after revealing they insisted Celtic include a bumper sell-on clause when they sold him.

The giant stopper has been strongly linked with a big-money move to AC Milan, Leicester City and Atletico Madrid in recent weeks and looks certain to quit the Hoops this summer.

When he does leave Parkhead, the ten per cent sell-on clause will provide a financial lifeline for his former club, who are £2million in debt with their owner forecasting last month they would run out of money soon.

And the man who negotiated his bargain £650,000 transfer to Celtic four years ago has insisted they knew the 22-year-old was destined for the top.

Former IK Start director Ogrey Brandsdal said: "When we sold him to Celtic, we were also in a very tight financial position and that made the negotiations very pressurised.

"But from the very first moment we saw Kristoffer, we knew he would be playing in the top leagues one day.

So although we needed the money urgently, we sacrificed some of it so we could add the sell-on clause. We took a long-term view of his career.

"Celtic are known to develop and sell players. They will want a good return on him and won't allow him to see out his contract."

Especially if the transfer fee is as close to what has been speculated.

"The worst case scenario is that we run out of money in the summer, but we believe we now have a better control over our situation

But we still have an uncertain future."