1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lewis Kerr

Yeah me too mate. It would have been an absolute dream seeing them torment defences

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

WITH an impressive 28 goals in 45 appearances this campaign, Odsonne Edouard played a huge part in Celtic’s nine in-a-row success. His most recent league medal marks his third at Celtic, and his contributions on the pitch are well reflected off it by way of silverware in the Paradise trophy room.

With a 13-point gap at the top of the Scottish Premiership with only eight games remaining before the 2019/20 was halted, Neil Lennon’s side were deservedly crowned champions and for Edouard, this was the correct decision.

“I’m absolutely delighted to win nine in-a-row,” said Edouard in an exclusive interview with the Celtic View. “It’s been a great season for the team and for me, so I’m very happy. Without question, this team deserves to be champions.

“It’s a good decision and the right decision. We’re living in strange times at the moment, it’s a strange life. The most important thing is the security and safety of all of the players, all of the fans, their families, so to call the league in the way it was called was a good decision. But, given how we played on the pitch, we absolutely deserve to be champions.

“The most important thing to me, personally, is to get the chance to celebrate the title with the fans and my team-mates.

“Then I want to be back playing football as well, because I miss it so much. I can’t wait to celebrate but I also can’t wait to be back playing. It’s been very, very hard to be away from football for so long.”

The 22-year-old admitted that the current hiatus in the football fixtures is the longest he’s gone without playing in his entire life, and as such he is desperate to get back on the pitch whenever it’s safe to do so.

He explained: “On a personal level, I was frustrated that we didn’t get to finish the league on the pitch. I think every one of the players is the same.

"I don’t normally share my personal targets, but this season it was 30 goals minimum, especially the longer time went on. I’m sure if the league had continued as normal I could have scored 30 goals.

“But, the most important thing is the title. Celtic winning the title, to win nine in-a-row, which we did - that’s good for me. I’m happy with this.”

3. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    He said nothing about staying for the ten :54::55:

4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Didn't even say he wants to get back to paradise, just playing again... :fear:

seamus1967 likes this.
  5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That seems a promising interview for him staying for the ten.

seamus1967 likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I was convinced that this would be the last season we'd see Eddie in the hoops but with the financial uncertainty that has been caused, we may end up holding onto him for a bit longer.

If he does go then I can't begrudge him it. He's given us 3 years of his career and developed into the best striker we've had since the King. He will end up at the very top of World Football, just like Van Dijk, we just have to enjoy the time we have him here.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  8. Jeremie Frimpong

The fact that he has remained in Glasgow, rather than going home to Paris, hopefully indicates that he intends to stay here. If he were set on leaving, I doubt that he would have bothered.

JC Anton likes this.
  9. horseshoe

Always thought this would be the last season we got out of him, be great if he signs an extension and stays another year but I'm not getting my hopes up. Even in the current climate it's not too hard to imagine an epl team throwing out decent money for him.

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Nothing to do with Eddie but Dembele was rumoured to be have been close to signing a new contract with us until the China debacle scuppered it

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  12. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    If he's off we riot

13. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Says who

14. Foley1888

Out of all the players linked with interest he is the one I wouldn’t want to lose. I think if Ajer or Ntcham go we could cope and replace for the fees being quoted but Eddy is a real class player.

The partnership he formed with Griff was getting better and better, the way he led the line in Europe and his goal scoring and assists record were excellent. His song is brilliant too.

If he would sign a one year extension and lead us to the 10 he would go with everyone’s best wishes. In the long term it might just be the best thing for him as well to get another full season under his belt although that is a risky game for a player. Here’s hoping

seamus1967 likes this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Me..

seamus1967 and Rendog like this.
  16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The whole situation with the financial uncertainty may actually work against us in terms of being able to hold on to Eddie, big clubs out there will be looking to spend less money, and may see him as a young striker who would be worth a punt at 20 odd million, maybe even a little more.

For us it's money in the bank, but of course we lose a super talented player.

Lennon1888 and seamus1967 like this.
  17. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    He’s staying keep the faith .

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Odsonne Edouard (Celtic, striker, 22 years old)

He left Paris Saint-Germain's academy and he is showing his quality.

Edouard is 22 years old and has scored 21 goals in the Scottish Premier League.

He is not playing in a big league and we need to see him in another championship.

The Celtic star is fast and skilful. He is a modern forward, because he is more than a striker.

With the France's under-21s, he has scored 11 goals in six games. We shouldn't rule him out for Les Bleus' senior squad
    https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2020/06/04/5ed9297be2704e432a8b4681.html

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Certainly a good sign that he is happy and settled. I tend to think we will keep him for at least one more season. Even as young as he is he knows he has the chance to be a major player and has the opportunity to create some major history this next season.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  20. Foley1888

Ideal Scenario - stays next year, qualify for Champions League, finish the Quadruple treble, win the Quintuple Treble including 10 in a row and Eddy smashes in