1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual Season Tickets.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Luis1967, Jun 3, 2020.

Discuss Virtual Season Tickets. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Imo as someone said above all the matches at home should also be made available on a PPV basis as you are losing 7,000 additional tickets at £29 on average each that’s £203,000 per match above your ST sales you are also losing out on merchandise, corporate packages and food and programme sales could be worth upto £500,000 per home match behind closed doors!

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You can guarantee pistol Pete has got the head of stream blocking back off furlough to work on a super wall!

3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I’m thinking sky are getting something for it for them to waiver last years liability from 5.5 million to 1.5 million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

They aren’t getting extra football coverage though, that’s my point. No chance are Celtic or that mob letting them in for more home games.

5. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Are they not getting to Sponsor the league as part of it?

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye illegal streams, double account usage and gatherings will happen regardless for these games now.
    May as well open it up to at least try and get some extra cash in.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I have been saying it for a few seasons now, I wouldn't mind paying for a season ticket if I could watch all home games on TV. With work.and distance it is impossible for me to travel to every home game let alone the cost of it. As already said, it would make sense financially to allow non season ticket holders and to buy a virtual ticket or even pay per view to make up for the reduced cost of the tickets and match day sales of food and merchandise. Go ernment guidelines on social distancing will have to change because every season ticket holder is going to have a lot of visitors, so it makes sense to open it up to everyone

8. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Clubs would make more money if they were able to do all of this in house on there own tv channels. How much would the club make if they sold a package for a season if we didn't have Sky tv money etc I am genuinely surprised more clubs haven't pushed for this think it's a potential to earn a fortune if priced and marketed right.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The smaller clubs would be concerned about their bottom line, 5k buying the option at a Ross county (if that) at £10 a month is only making them 500k (assuming a ten month season), for coming last in the league you get more than double that currently with sky.
    You could argue 10k may sign up for Ross county, but unlikely. You could also argue making it £20-30 a month, but that will start to turn people off.

Flip side, Celtic could do it for 100k folk at the same price and make £10mill a season, for us that makes perfect sense. The risk is low of not meeting the 100k mark, bit even if we conservatively half that to 50k and £5million, thats still more than we get with sky. So our risk is very low.

However, collectively as part of a spflTV adventure, you could argue the league itself could pull in 300k subscriptions at £10 a month, which would be £30million which is about what sky are offering us.

I'd argue folk would be willing to pay double that, if it's an SpflTv deal where ALL games are streamed and you have access to club specific channels/content that gives you reserve games, women's games, training highlights/interviews a soft of LaLigatv effort.

I also reckon 300k for the entire league is an extremely low number to aim for, could get that up to 400k the world over. At £20 for 400k and 10months, that's £80mill a year, the TV deals we have with China, sky, Europe, America, whoever surely don't even remotely come close to that at all, would be surprised if all the league TV deals made up half of that in total!!

I'm deliberately saying ten months as well, as that's a season and some may be inclined to skip out during the summer months, but say they offered an annual deal, folk won't skip out, or during the preseason can do reruns of classics, news updates and bulletins, and then cover preseason friendlies etc, those extra two months is an additional £16million.

96million a year!
    Again, even just simply half that for the sake of arguments that we would only get 200k subs, or would only charge £10 a month, that's still £48million a year, everything done in house! That's surely a better option and more fan engagement than anything sky would ever offer us.

£32million a year on the current deal, that's £16million a year extra we make, folk will argue the start up costs, making sure every prem club has the setups etc, but right there is your answer, £16million to set it up.

I hate that this isn't a serious conversation these days, specially considering the way TV is consumed these days.
    Even go to Amazon and get them to fund the * thing and use their platform, we could still charge all the same fees, dish out all the same money, Amazon can keep the £16million extra and everyone wins.

Edit: to keep it on topic as such, I hope this current agreement to do virtual tickets is maybe something that does show the fat cats what can be done with this sort of service.
    For all the praise Doncaster got for not bowing to the Huns and hearts so far(though he ain't going to punish them for calling for his job), it's his inability to chase after these sort of ideas that annoys me about him.
    He seems far to happy to accept what sky or bt was to offer, instead of taking the "risk" of setting up an SpflTv. A pioneer etc.

The_Bhoy and Kiwibhoy27 like this.
  10. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    I totally agree with all of this makes sense with us not having the TV Money they get in England. With our fan base I think our own or a League TV Channel would make a lot of sense and make us more money in the longer term.

With our global fan base we can make it more interactive more engaging for fans perhaps like a netflixs type of platform where you can go back through the archives etc Interviews, old games a platform like this on a monthly subscription which gets live games. This would be a game changer

The_Bhoy likes this.
  11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I'd happily pay the cost of the highest ST on a pay per game basis.. But only if the club received the bulk of the payment.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah it is something we should be looking at.
    Take over nations around Europe, Holland, Portugal, Norway etc, all get more TV money than we do (well done them), but compared to every other league in Europe we are regularly the best supported league per head.
    (Agentscotland etc on twitter do the stats often).

There is no doubt the demand would be there even just from the Scottish based fans, then consider the appeal of Scotland around the world, ex pat's etc there is a market there as well.
    £10-20 a month and you get EVERHTHING an fall games across the league, it's a no brainer for me.

13. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    One question. What will happen, if Celtic are to play against the scum first when there are no supporters in the stadium then when it comes to playing at the shitpit matches could be held with full crowds in the stadium are Sky and SPL going to recompense the clubs that have already lost matchday revenue from 1st rd of matches. In that scenario, the huns would benefit enormously.

14. alex_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys Of The Old Brigade
    I'm sure I read that they were looking to defer all OF games until after Christmas to try and avoid that happening.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Watching Celtic with my virtual season ticket whilst spunking cash on the virtual horses.

What has life become.

Gyp Rosetti and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  17. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    I’ve 2 season tickets and have received nothing from the club about these virtual STs, can’t get my head around paying a grand to watch * sky

18. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Think there will be link for season ticket holders currently according to Celtic SLO on twitter? also if that's case get IPTV I would wait for the club to send out full details before doing anything

19. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Surely the best way is to put everybody with a ST on a waiting list a half ST then make games in the first half of the season PPV ? Who wants to pay £30 to watch a game on tele ? Charge £10 a match and you'll make more than that easily, I would assume. Then you have families in the same household with 2/3/4 season tickets holders. Doesn't work charging folk that way.

jake10 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  20. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Never even thought of that, great point

jake10 likes this.