1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mohammed Elyounoussi.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by The Thumb, Aug 30, 2019.

Discuss Mohammed Elyounoussi. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Ideal situation would be Forster signed and another year loan with elly.

Dan Breen likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Real Sociedad is working quickly to close its roster for next year and one of the names on its agenda is Mohamed Elyounoussi.

The Norwegian footballer from Southampton has shone this course on loan at Celtic and would undoubtedly be a first-rate signing to reinforce the attack on the wing.

Elyounoussi acts as a left-winger, although he can also play on the right or center forward. Furthermore, it is an absolute international with Norway.

Odegaard has given positive reports of him and from the technical secretariat they hope to be able to close his contract, in principle with a transfer with a subsequent purchase option.

https://www.todofichajes.com/la-real-sociedad-quiere-a-elyounoussi/

3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    That seems the kind of move that would suit him. They would still pay him massively and he would play European football too.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tbh he was an excellent signing a real statement of intent but we really only seen him from mid September to mid November 2 months really!

5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Would be an effective player for us especially in Europe but I think with the money it would cost us plus wages it's not worth going in for a permanent deal.

The likes of MJ, Dembele, Okoflex can all play his position and will surely feature at some point. Think we could get someone in cheaper than Ely to boost the LW but we might well just go with what we've got and play LWB with Taylor/Boli.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  6. Foley1888

I agree with this post, it depends on what formation we intend on using, given cash will be even tighter than usual would we want to pay the money for what would be our marque signing and then play 3-5-2 where he does not naturally fit in to the formation.

Granted the two months when he found his feet before injury he looked a special talent and put in a real shift on top of it but the lengthy injury lay off was a concern as well. Also when he was last interviewed it didn't sound like he saw his future back at us.

I do think if we are to play 3-5-2 we would need another option to play LWB going, given Lenny seemed to cast Boli aside post Christmas and where Taylor is a solid option at full back with a winger in front of him, he did sometimes look lost and a yard short to go past his man and get the ball in when playing LWB. The exception being St Johnstone away where he was excellent.

Ideally if Lenny doesn't fancy Boli we would move him on (easier said than done) and bring in some competition for Taylor. If we go 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 we could play Taylor LB and utilise Johnston on LW and Forrest on the right or push Frimpong on to RW and play Forrest/Johnston on the Left for rotation, not to mention Dembele being another potential option. If we need more experience to back up Forrest then someone could be brought in for a reasonable fee or bosman.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  7. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    I think we have a decent backup for Forrest in Shevd unfortunately I don't his English is too good would like to see him get a go in the side he looked decent in the small snippets we've seen of him

The_Bhoy and Dan Breen like this.
  8. CountyDownFaithful

Not going to be overly disappointed if we don’t get him.

Don’t get me wrong, he was on fire when he was fit however he seemed to struggle with coming back from injuries. Was out for 2 months straight at one point despite Lennon saying he was hoping to have him back sooner.

There are similar calibre players out there for similar or even less money. We just need our recruitment and scouting team to do a better job than they have done recently.

The_Bhoy and Lewis Kerr like this.
  9. Foley1888

Unfortunately Shved seems well out the picture for whatever reason. We got a glowing report from Lenny that he was ready to burst on the scene after Dubai then he got 5 mins against Clyde ad disappeared into obscurity again. It is a shame as the limited we have seen of him looks like he does have something about him and certainly a good strike on his left foot.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  10. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Reckon we will be looking to bring in a marque loan for LWB position. Ely's lack of pace will go against him.

11. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Brilliant mate

JML67, steg, Mince.Charming and 2 others like this.
  12. Jeremie Frimpong

I think that we have little chance of signing him.

13. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I like him as a player and he naturally fits into our system but hes injury prone, for me hes not worth the wages sitting in the stands

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

14. Jeremie Frimpong

He isn't. He has had two injuries of note during his career.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  15. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Really didn't expect that he would be back training now the season is finished.

Trying not to read too much into it.

16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Aye cos Bauer has also been back training

The_Bhoy likes this.
  17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'd hate to see the nick of his hair after the lockdown.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Don't think it means munch. Forster and Mo were completely surplus to Southampton before coming here and their season isn't finished..

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  19. JamesM09

I would love to have him back.

On the one hand I think surely some club with a wee bit of money will snap him up. On the other, no one got him last summer, so why shouldn’t that happen again?

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Due to the English season continuing they must remain with us apparently