1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Ghirl Friday

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, Let the People Sing
    Didn't know rats could catch it

Scotia likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan Rodgers has revealed members of his family have not spoken to him since he left Celtic for Leicester City.

Rodgers, 47, put pen to paper on a £5million-a-year deal, lasting until 2022 when he moved from Celtic in February but has since signed a new contract to keep him at the club until at least 2025.

Rodgers claims that his role as Celtic manager ‘meant so much’ to his family, that they were 'distraught' when he left the club and have even cut off contact with him since.

'I have family who were just distraught that I had left Celtic, they just couldn't believe it,' Rodgers told The Beautiful Game Podcast.

'I have relations that haven't spoken to me since the day I left Celtic.

'It meant so much to them.'

At the time Rodgers had Celtic on course for a third treble of trophies as Celtic were eight points clear at the top of the Scottish Premiership, had a League Cup under their belt and were set to clinch another Scottish FA Cup.

There was uproar among fans when he made the decisions to leave as they believed he was the defining factor to the club's success.

Rodgers admits that it was not an easy decision to leave the club but one he had to do.

'It is so difficult,' he said. 'One, because of the people.

'We had, from when I went into the club to where the club was at that point, it was a different club.

'The connection between the supporters and the team was really strong. We were in an incredible period. I was only the third manager in the history of the club to complete the treble.

'We were able to do it as an invincible treble, and then we did it again. And then people say you could have done a third one or a fourth one.

Rodgers believes he left Celtic at the right time, with them sitting eight points clear at the top of the Scottish Premiership.

'I felt at the time when I left Celtic, the team was eight points clear. And when you think of all the season up until that point, Celtic had always won the League by double figures. The previous season we won by 30.

'So I felt, strategically, 'OK we'd won the League Cup, we're eight points clear in the League and then the team is then in a good position in the Scottish up as well.'

'If it was one point I couldn't leave. But I felt and when I spoke with my staff and then took the ultimate decision: The team is in a good place, there's a mentality now within the team'.

'And not just in hindsight, you feel the club will continue and go on and win the treble again.'

The Foxes boss has done an outstanding job since taking charge at the King Power Stadium in February.

The squad have won title in 2016, reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League a year later and are third in the Premier League this season.

Rodgers said part of the decision to leave Celtic stemmed from the opportunity to take the reigns at Leicester during their time of need and build them into a highly successful team.

He recalled his thought process, saying: 'I can come into Leicester where I can look at the team under pressure for ten games and then see how the players are.

'Then I can build something in the summer to come into this season and then take off.

'Again, there are for's and against's that, but ultimately you have to be unsentimental in football because this is a business.

'You love football, and I love football, it's incredible, but it's also a business, and when you have to make decisions, you have to be unsentimental.

'You carry all of that too much, and you'll never do anything.'

'I had some unforgettable memories at Celtic that will live with me for a lifetime that I still think about now.'

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Is he no deid yet?

Spring Time likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    'I have family who were just distraught that I had left Celtic, they just couldn't believe it,' Rodgers told The Beautiful Game Podcast.

'I have relations that haven't spoken to me since the day I left Celtic.

'It meant so much to them.'

Attention seeking *

Conlon and Peej like this.
  5. StevieBhoooy!

Scientists think that it will be possible to get covid-19 more than once... :50:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  6. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Managed to mention HIS charity walk up a mountain, therefore making HIM the story during a pandemic, no easy that.

Oh and someone should inform WHO that COVID-19 has now jumped species to snakes.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I was hoping more along the lines of Ebola and double AIDS.

8. JamesM09

He's such a *. He talks about sentimentality as though that was the primary issue people had. He had * about the first half of the season in a huff and left us in the lurch. The primary issue was professionalism. He was completely unprofessional leaving Celtic while we were going for 8/10 to get a wee head start at * Leicester.

He can talk about the 8 points all he wants, we needed a couple of 90th minute winners to see out that season and we only managed it because we were able to get someone as good as Lennon in.

'This is a business' is such a tired phrase too. Anyone in a business that behaves the way he did would be known as a Grade A self-serving *. That's fine if he wants to be one of them but don't then greet when you're known as Brendan the *.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    "But I felt and when I spoke with my staff and then took the ultimate decision:"

Sorry, did he not * leave the club without a * word to the players etc?

Did he * leave with certainty. Think maybe it is starting to dawn on the * the bad timing he left and is now trying to pretend like he analysised the whole situation.

Argh, I hate this * when he talks about our club, please just * off Brendan and never mention us again.

JamesM09 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  10. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Its funny the old green tinted glasses thing. When he was manager I thought he was super cool and held court really well; now I just see an embarrassing parody from the David Brent school of management.

Utter reptile.

Seán Mac D, Marie, JamesM09 and 2 others like this.
  11. James Gold Member Gold Member

Legend in his own living room the *

Seán Mac D, JamesM09 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

“Again, there are for's and against's that, but ultimately you have to be unsentimental in football because this is a business.“

What a * *, he played the sentimental card with us from day dot right up until he slithered out the back door when he was needed.

I cannae go the * at all - the ultimate king of the humble brag. The only guy that could shoehorn in that he’s climbed Mount Kilimanjaro whilst discussing the fact he was * with Covid.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The wee greasy * just won't stop ay..

I despise him with a passion..

14. Maestro 08

Publicly calling out family members has to be a new low for even him. It's prob him that's blanked them, the cringey, shameless * that he is.

littlekennie and Peej like this.
  15. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    That last interview puts a stop to any talk of him being a supporter , his wording at the end , when he left and the manner he left I never actually thought he was a supporter believed at the start when he came mind u

Peej likes this.
  16. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He really is a snake, in my eyes and I'm sure in the eyes of thousands of other fans, he's not welcome at Celtic Park again....I will never welcome him back.

Narcissistic, Megalomaniac slimball.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm of the opinion he comes from a Celtic supporting family, but is more likely a fan of football and the epl rather than his family roots.
    The old familiar "soft spot" for Celtic that he likes to play on for the romance of it.
    Robbie keane was somewhat similar I believe, could be wrong he did have about 17 boyhood clubs .

Rodgers is a fraud when it comes to his allegiance and what he says.
    The way he ended his time here was a massive two fingers to the club as a whole and specifically the fans who he played on the emotions of.

To Rodgers, it's trendy and cool to be a "boyhood Celtic fan", it served a purpose and makes him look like he has substance and soul. He has neither. He's a mercenary and if it's remotely true that some of his family have stopped talking to him, I can believe it and understand why.
    To true Celtic fans you don't act like he did then do what he done. You finish the job and leave at the end of a season, not during the midst of one.

I couldn't care if he left Celtic for Accrington Stanley then claimed he was a fan of them, he would look stupid, but if he done it at the end of a season and didn't act like a snake *, he would have left as a treble treble domestic legend to this club and we would all have been gutted to see him leave, but wished him well.

Walking out while the title was certainly not secured and the Scottish cup was up for grabs, he left the club high and dry and left us in a time where anything could have happened, the squad could have fallen to pieces and we could have lost that cup or league.
    A Celtic man does not so that!

Had he been a random German manager who done that, again we would have been annoyed, but expected nothing less from someone with no connection to the club at all. And that's what Rodgers really is, not one of us.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

Lewis Kerr, Marty McFly and Marie like this.
  18. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    * HIM !!

£ 5 million a season was his only motivation , for a man that was already a multi - millionaire !

Peej likes this.
  19. The Ghirl Friday

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, Let the People Sing
    All Brendan Rodgers does these days is talk about Celtic. Done great things for us but he’s now Leicester city manager . All we care about is Neil lennon and 10 in a row. Celtic fans have moved on time for him to now do the same.

Spring Time likes this.
  20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Stings his ego like a * that he’s not hero worshipped here and he’s spent a year trying to explain why to himself, unlucky for him he’ll have to live with that for the rest of his days.

Gyp Rosetti and RiquelmeCSC like this.