1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Youth/Development Team Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by shaunm, Oct 25, 2014.

Discuss Youth/Development Team Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    This could be the easiest time for youth to first team progression. No fan presence in the stadiums means way less pressure compared to a usual scenario for each player. Most are basically all used to virtually no fans. Hopefully this helps a few of them settle in easier and show their attributes.

Lilac Wine and Dan Breen like this.
  2. Cupid Stunt

I've not seen more of him than that video, it's just the way he runs really, like a big guy.

Hope he is progressing the way people think he is because we have been pretty poor at bringing through decent centre backs in to the first team, although I'd agree with others and say they'd have to be special to be given a shot this season.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Bangs them in for the youth's..

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:

Some nice wee moves and finishes here..

6. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
  7. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think its a good idea, cant do any harm.
    If it comes off, Huns will take credit for it.

JC Anton likes this.
  8. apevrak

I hope the idea materialises. Think it will do wonders to our talent development.

The_Bhoy and Dan Breen like this.
  9. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Some good ideas to it, needs working out further though. I just don’t understand how the bottom 8 games will work out. If a team finishes top of that group, and can’t mathematically be relegated they will be playing so many meaningless games. Do really hope we can get a colts team into the system though, the cup games have been good but would be better if we have constant supply of games. The max age of 21 should be kept too.

10. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Seems like a decent idea but could being in league 1 be more financially beneficial than being in the championship due to the 200 ticket sales and additional payments from us and them?

Would Celtic B and our top team be able to draw each other in cup comp?

I don't like the idea of top 6 and bottom 8 split, should be 7 and 7 but that also brings issues with a team having a free week.

At least the huns have been productive for a change.

The_Bhoy and Dan Breen like this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:

4 year deal. Lovely..

12. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Sounded like we were gonna lose him, Josh Adam and Barry Hepburn this summer so brilliant to get him and Owen Moffat signed up in the past couple of days.

With any luck Hepburn and Adam decide to stay put as well although with Hepburn having the same agent as Morrison I'd imagine he'll probably be off.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  13. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Why keep all our highly rated youngsters if they never get a chance look at guys at 20 etc hardly getting a chance odd game here or there isn't really beneficial. If they're good enough they're old enough need to be bringing through more of our young talent

The_Bhoy likes this.
  14. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    We definetely need to find the balance between playing on merit and giving youth a chance, it's all about selecting the right players for the right minutes at the right time. Sadly with the expectancy to win every year the majority of players who progress through the academy will not make it at the club

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Dan Breen likes this.
  15. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Huns have brought out a very good, very fair proposal in my eyes. It’s definitely a good idea. Some things will need to be ironed out but I do think it’s solving the unfair relegation of teams and it gives a financial boost to clubs in the lower leagues. Good to see both clubs distributing a small percentage of their wealth for the benefit of Scottish football also. Be a good boost for smaller teams with the fans. You’ll get more than 200 fans going to these smaller venues I would think. Maybe if Celtic B and Rangers B play each other and we know there will be a few thousand tickets sold, we could hand that over to the bottom teams also apart from obvious costs. Any potential profit going to the small leagues.

The_Bhoy and HoopyT like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Happy days.

Good to see the young lads getting new deals.

Rydo1888*, The_Bhoy, HoopyT and 2 others like this.
  17. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sums up my thoughts on it too, if it is as described on the BBC website then I'd be all for it.

18. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    That 13-17 age group at the moment in the club seems to have some serious talent in it compared to past years. Wonder what’s being done differently? Really hope we can keep a lot of them too

19. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    How often do we give out deals like this? Before the age of 15? He must be some player

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

IT has been a perfect 16th birthday for Ben Summers today (Tuesday), because the Bhoy from Hamilton has signed his first professional contract with Celtic.

An attacking midfield player, Ben is thrilled to have signed a three-year contract with the Hoops and is hoping to follow in the footsteps of other Youth Academy graduates such as James Forrest, Callum McGregor and Mikey Johnston who all helped Celtic to nine-in-a-row this season.

While Ben is hoping to become a Celtic star of the future, he’s already been a star of the small screen, because he featured in a film-length documentary on Celtic legend, Tommy Burns, in which Ben played a young Tommy Burns.

Everyone at Celtic wishes Ben a happy 16th birthday and best wishes for his future with the club.

MickeyyMack likes this.