1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Playing as Celtic: PES 2020 or FIFA 20?

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by ArturBorucCSC, Dec 2, 2019.

Discuss Playing as Celtic: PES 2020 or FIFA 20? in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Saw that and bought the other day. Didn't buy this or FIFA this year but for £5 I figured it was rude not to.

I'm terrible at it. Been playing online as Celtic and made it up to division 9 before I started getting my * handed to me. Getting muscled off the ball and robbed off possession all the time. I figured my play was just too predictable but I'm having issues offline as well.
    I started a Master League and can't score a goal. I can't even dribble past players, finding it very difficult. Did all the wee training games, watched some video tutorials online and ha d a bit of a practice on local matches and I'm still struggling to get to grips with it. PES was always a game that was hard to master, but I've never had this much trouble. Maybe I'm getting old.

2. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Hehe, I was very close to going for it cos it's a 5 er but ended up giving it at miss. I didn't bother this year either. I was still a bit * aff at getting shat on the last time. Bought Celtic edition and there was no parkhead for about 8 months.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  3. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Fair enough. I didn't really miss playing FIFA or Pro Evo this year, but £5 is still a bargain.

Celtic Park does look amazing, and having the real player likenesses does make a massive difference in terms of how it feels. Some of Edouard's finishes in the game could have been footage pulled from real life.

Artorias likes this.
  4. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Aye, I was * hurt at start but did intend on maybe giving in when it came down in price but I have just not had time anyway. My backlog of games is really massive was concentrating on that. I love it when they get the animations just right and to the point you could see instantly who the player is. I think I noted that in the last one with Forrest.

And aye a fiver i a bargain, like how much it used to cost to rent a game hehe

Just Kieran likes this.
  5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * mind that renting sensible soccer for the mega drive out global 3.99 for 7 days

paulo123, dbhoy72, Artorias and 2 others like this.
  6. GuttleGob

I never pick up any new FIFA's. FIFA 18 is £2.50 at CEX.

FIFA 19 is £8, but will go down to £2.50 as soon as FIFA 21 is released, and will they be that much different?

An updated save file with all the new transfers, or just a PES save file with all the official teams, players etc.

PES was king until FIFA 08, then it went downhill, but nearly every FIFA since 13 has been pretty much the same, if not just more frustrating an annoying to play. I think it peaked 7 years ago. PES peaked at PES 5 & 6.

PES is the best again now though and has been for a couple of years now. It will be interesting to see what they do with the new engine come PS5 release.

Every new console release Konami have struggled. Good decision IMO to focus on PES22, to get it right this time.

7. nudge1086 Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke,Lubo,Petrov,lambo,Hooper,Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Got PES20 on Xbox game pass and quite like it, have given FIFA a miss for 3 years now and PES feels fresh to me.

Doing a master league as Celtic and it makes it a better experience with the stadium and players actually looking like themselves.

I'm about 6 seasons in and the only players I still have from the original squad are Édouard (87 rated) and Ajer(86 rated)

8. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Sure our link with PES is done now, so guess they'll be missing from the new games.

9. GuttleGob

Scottish Premiership will be fully licensed, and Celtic Park will be included in PES 2021 season update.

Blochairnbhoy and dbhoy72 like this.
  10. dmccourt95

Been getting right into PES the past few days, Edouard is a machine 24 goals in 18 games. He’s scored about 60% of ma goals

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’ve chucked FIFA. Think I’ll get PES and play career casually.

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Base.com doing it for £23.85 season update 2021

13. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

This is the best thing ever :giggle1:

14. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Any news on the next game? Worth looking in to again?
    Not played FIFA in 4-5 years now and last bought PES 19 when we was first to be added, but they took 6 months to add us and I lost interest fast while waiting to start a proper save.

Whats online in PES like these days? Is it a bit more intuitive and fluid to getting a match and any ranked leagues etc?
    Their version of FUT was always a bit too OTT for my liking to get my head around.

16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    2021 is just updated squads and kits from 2020

Peej likes this.
  17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Just started realising that as well as I looked in to it.
    Found 2020 for a tenner on CDKEYS, tempting to get that and then if decent can just get the update next week.

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    £23 for the new version on base.com when I ordered mate

Peej likes this.
  19. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Good to see it extended too, as well as this season.

Not be getting it as moving to PS5 (if a release date ever gets announced), if it can be played on PS5 then I'll get it for a footy game.

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Picked it up then on pc, for the price of the 2020 game I'm quite happy, will be getting the update as well I reckon.

Gameplay is good, slight improvement on 2019 (console) and graphics looks really good.

Decided I certainly need to do all the training levels again though, I think I'm still playing footy games as if I'm playing FIFA08-10 era.

Online has a lot to be desired though, managed to get one game in, but it took ages to find a match, and of course the match up was uneven.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk