1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aaron Hickey

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CountyDownFaithful, Jan 19, 2020.

Discuss Aaron Hickey in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

We're always under pressure, this is Celtic.

We've benefitted from the experience that Forster, Julien, Elhamed and Elyounoussi have brought to the squad this season, so if you're saying we should either re-sign them or make sure that there's a mix of experience and potential in our incomings then I would agree.

Lennon knows this though, that's why he brought them in. He's balanced our policy of producing players for sale and also immediate improvement in the first-team quite well I think.

charlietully likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Nice name :giggle1:

3. Cringer67

I agree on all points. And yes we are always under pressure. Wrong choice of words maybe by me. Its clear we were certainly under less pressure back then than we will be this year.

4. Cringer67

He Mans cat. Glad you like :50:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    We should always be signing young player's with potential. Especially homegrown Tim's who we've rated for year's under close watch..

Signing a couple of youngsters like Hickey for under a mill.....won't jeopardise the 10..

I get the desperation we all have for us to get over the line but our model, as mentioned already, has got us in to this great position in the first place..

The_Bhoy and charlietully like this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I think experience is a definite plus but it isn't always an indicator of dealing with pressure. 2 of the coolest guys we've had in a long while are Dembele and Edouard, who played for us in their early 20s.

We just need to be thorough in our recruitment to make sure we get the right individuals.

That's why I'm delighted Lennon is our manager next season, he will leave no stone unturned in order to have us best prepared for this. He knows what is on the line and he doesn't have one eye on his next career move.

7. Cringer67

i agree mate. I guess i'm petrified of losing the 10. There are positions in the first team that need addressing especially with Forster and Mo gone.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Absolutely..

We need a keeper. Forster
    A left sided centre half
    A left back/wing back. Possibly Meling
    A left winger/playmaker. Maybe Mo again

This is outwith Hickey and or any other youngsters we bring in on frees/pre contacts..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  9. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    All the pressure is on the huns to stop us winning ten 9 was the hardest one in my opinion a few additions to our squad that should be good

Champions0607 and charlietully like this.
  10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yassss * the rat *

:lenny1:

Champions0607 and Seán Mac D like this.
  11. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

With Hayes offski I imagine we’ll be signing this lad and another if we punt Boli as well.

Dan Breen likes this.
  12. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He liked Hayes insta post and doesn't appear to follow him

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Can't see Bayern being in for him, seems like his agents are doing a good job :56:

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich have joined the list of clubs pursuing Hearts defender Aaron Hickey.

Chelsea, Lazio and Celtic are also interested in the highly-rated Tynecastle left-back, who turns 18 on Wednesday. Manchester City, Crystal Palace and AC Milan have been linked with the teenager as well.

Hearts have yet to receive a formal offer for the talented teenager. But Sportsmail understands that a number of major clubs from across Europe are now monitoring the Scotland youth international’s situation as the Gorgie outfit face up to relegation from the top flight.

entering the final year of his deal, Hickey’s departure from the Edinburgh club now looks inevitable - even if proposed league reconstruction was to offer a Premiership safety net for his current employers.

Championship clubs have already communicated to the SPFL by email their rejection of Hearts owner Ann Budge’s plan for three leagues of 14.

All 42 clubs have been asked for their views on Budge’s proposal, which requires a 75 per cent majority across the leagues if it is to to be voted through, before 5pm on Tuesday.

The plan, which would save both Hearts and Partick Thistle from relegation, stands little chance of success despite a new proposal from Rangers to amend it to 14-14-18 via the addition of Old Firm colt teams to an enlarged lower division.

Since the onset of coronavirus, and its curtailment of the football season, Budge has already taken measures to slash the wages of key performers at the Tynecastle club

Hickey was spared any cut to his monthly pay but, with Hearts facing a £3million black hole if they drop down to the Championship, the full-back is set to lead the exodus of first-team performers when all challenges are exhausted.

Celtic previously had Hickey on their books and remain admirers of the Glasgow-born youngster.

Lazio also watched him before the lockdown while Bayern Munich - who signed Celtic’s teenage defender Liam Morrison last year - have also joined Chelsea in assessing his progress.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Bayern. Lol..

16. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Competing against Alphonso Davies, David Alaba and Lucas Hernandez can also play left back :giggle1:

17. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Wow man just seen that after reading the usual Hun signing comparisons , the rags in this country are a shambles

18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Would be ideal in terms of competition for Taylor and a long term option at left back. What sort of fee will it take to get him do we think?

19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Did folk see Liam Morrison ever signing for Bayern....

:fear:

Crilly likes this.
  20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’s 17 years old, he won’t be competing with any first team player.

Not as left field as some are clearly thinking. He’s a kid with a lot of potential, big clubs hoover these guys up every single window.

Crilly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.